Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Missing card shipped in PWE. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=268850)

bobbyw8469 05-10-2019 01:06 PM

Missing card shipped in PWE.

I recently bought a card off Ebay for $3.04. The seller shipped it in a PWE. After a week later, I HAVE NOT received the card. The guy is accusing me of scamming him and left me a real snarky message. Guys, I promise you, I am not scamming him. I seriously don't have the card. Have any of you had good/bad luck getting cards shipped to you in PWE's?

D. Bergin 05-10-2019 01:18 PM

A week is probably not enough time to consider a card lost. I don't know if you paid for tracking but as you already probably know, you've got plenty of time to get your money back from Ebay if the card never shows up.

I did just receive a set of boxing cards thrown loose in a bubble envelope with no backing board or holder for the cards, other then a piece of bubble wrap. That was kind of annoying even though the cards looked like they didn't suffer any the worse for it.

bobbyw8469 05-10-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1876554)
A week is probably not enough time to consider a card lost. I don't know if you paid for tracking but as you already probably know, you've got plenty of time to get your money back from Ebay if the card never shows up.

I did just receive a set of boxing cards thrown loose in a bubble envelope with no backing board or holder for the cards, other then a piece of bubble wrap. That was kind of annoying even though the cards looked like they didn't suffer any the worse for it.

I guess I don't have a good handle for how long it takes to ship PWE's.

Jim65 05-10-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1876552)
I recently bought a card off Ebay for $3.04. The seller shipped it in a PWE. After a week later, I HAVE NOT received the card. The guy is accusing me of scamming him and left me a real snarky message. Guys, I promise you, I am not scamming him. I seriously don't have the card. Have any of you had good/bad luck getting cards shipped to you in PWE's?

Why would a person try to scam someone out of $3? Seems ridiculous that he would even go there. Give it more time, It'll probably show up eventually.

Once I had an Ebay buyer ask if he could pay by money order then sent me $200 cash in a PWE. Thats crazy.

buymycards 05-12-2019 08:05 AM

Pwe

It's three bucks. You knew it was coming in a PWE. Forget about it and move on.

mcgwirecom 05-12-2019 05:57 PM

I just wanted to throw my $.02 in on the PWE shipping.

I deal mainly with tickets and for tickets under $30 I usually mail them in PWE. But I wanted to give everyone a heads up on doing this.

When you mail in padded envelopes they go first class and get tracking for free. They also get HAND SORTED and put a bar code sticker on it at the counter so there is never any issues if you put in some cardboard or extra padding.

When you mail in PWE the envelope gets MACHINE SORTED. OK here is what you need to remember, the machine that it goes through puts a small bar code at the bottom on the envelope to help in machine sorting. The letters must pass through a narrow slot to go through this process. IF YOU PUT TOO MUCH PADDING IN THE EVELOPE IT WILL GET STUCK AND DAMAGED! Cardboard will almost always cause an issues. The best thing to do is use postcard type paper on both side of the card and only put it in a flimsy type loader. I also tape it to one of the postcards to keep it from flopping around.

So remember if you are usuaing padded envelopes, go crazy with protection. If using PWE stay skinny or you seriously risk dammage in the machines! I got a PWE last month that was torn and nothing in it! They lost 4 rare tickets because the machine ate it up.

clydepepper 05-12-2019 05:58 PM

I deal with one seller on ebay that uses PWEs and, so far, I've received all of them...but when I leave positive feedback, I dock him stars...and, if even one doesn't arrive, I will drop him.

No card sold for $3.04 is worth 'fretting' over.

I say drop the seller and get the card elsewhere.

bobbyw8469 05-12-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

He thinks I am scamming....hell, for all I know HE is scamming!!! He might have sold it at a card show and just didn't have it to ship. Just have never had an item NOT show up......that's all.

steve B 05-13-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1876581)
I guess I don't have a good handle for how long it takes to ship PWE's.

Like most other things lately, it's pretty random. One might get from California to mass in a couple days, one sent from in Mass might take a couple weeks.

When I was doing a lot of Ebay, I had some odd situations.
One buyer was asking about where his card was. He hadn't paid yet.

Another sent his payment in an envelope he got from his electric bill. An envelope that was pre- bar coded with the electric companies address. I figured that out after he sent a replacement and a couple days later his electric company asked him if he wanted the $10 check he wrote to someone else back.

gopherfan 05-18-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1877133)
I deal with one seller on ebay that uses PWEs and, so far, I've received all of them...but when I leave positive feedback, I dock him stars...and, if even one doesn't arrive, I will drop him.

Just curious if he advertises that it is shipped PWE? If so, why are you docking him stars? You are choosing to purchase knowing that beforehand. If not, disregard.

tonyo 05-23-2019 04:11 AM

I've been listing a lot of cards at $2, $3, $4 (free shipping)- some of them even sell!

I mail those in a top loader and PWE. I also state that I will do so in the descriptions.

When I receive feedback, it's typically within less than a week after mailing.

I've sold dozens (maybe 120 or so) since last fall. Only twice has anyone contacted me saying they didn't receive the card.

first time was in January and I also had several more expensive cards out with tracking, so I was able to report that I had a couple that spent 4 or 5 weeks of postal travel and finally arrived. So, I asked the person to give it 4 or 5 weeks. That one finally arrived.

second time was recently.... I asked that person to give it 4 or 5 weeks and if it doesn't arrive I will happily refund. I need to check in with them :)

Haven't had any not show up yet, knock on wood.

I only use PWE on amounts I wouldn't mind losing and would not argue about a refund.

bobbyw8469 05-23-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyo (Post 1880390)
I've been listing a lot of cards at $2, $3, $4 (free shipping)- some of them even sell!

I mail those in a top loader and PWE. I also state that I will do so in the descriptions.

When I receive feedback, it's typically within less than a week after mailing.

I've sold dozens (maybe 120 or so) since last fall. Only twice has anyone contacted me saying they didn't receive the card.

first time was in January and I also had several more expensive cards out with tracking, so I was able to report that I had a couple that spent 4 or 5 weeks of postal travel and finally arrived. So, I asked the person to give it 4 or 5 weeks. That one finally arrived.

second time was recently.... I asked that person to give it 4 or 5 weeks and if it doesn't arrive I will happily refund. I need to check in with them :)

Haven't had any not show up yet, knock on wood.

I only use PWE on amounts I wouldn't mind losing and would not argue about a refund.

Good deal....the one that brought this about eventually showed up as well....it had a cancellation stamp in RALEIGH like the day before it actually arrived (seller was in California).....

vintagetoppsguy 05-24-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopherfan (Post 1878828)
Just curious if he advertises that it is shipped PWE? If so, why are you docking him stars? You are choosing to purchase knowing that beforehand. If not, disregard.

Just now reading this thread, but that's what I was thinking too. I'm curious as well.

Jim65 05-24-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopherfan (Post 1878828)

Even if the seller ships in a PWE and says so in the auction, he still should not accuse buyers of scamming when item does not arrive.

bobbyw8469 05-24-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1880750)
Even if the seller ships in a PWE and says so in the auction, he still should not accuse buyers of scamming when item does not arrive.

Bingo....not all buyers are pieces of excrement. I know some pounce on postal mistakes involving scans and love claiming cards don't arrive to get free cards. Not everyone though. I sure don't.

vintagetoppsguy 05-24-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1880750)

Jim, you're reading this wrong. Rob's response (and mine too) was not about Bobby's situation. Rob was asking Clydepepper why he would ding a seller's stars for shipping in a PWE when the listing stated that's how it would be shipped. Different seller, different situation than Bobby's.

Re-read the posts.

Jim65 05-24-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1880887)
Jim, you're reading this wrong. Rob's response (and mine too) was not about Bobby's situation. Rob was asking Clydepepper why he would ding a seller's stars for shipping in a PWE when the listing stated that's how it would be shipped. Different seller, different situation than Bobby's.

Re-read the posts.

Fair enough. :)

cannonballsun 07-04-2019 04:52 PM

Some pretty big sellers on EBay go the pwe route. They figure they will come out ahead with the money they save on tracking, and just take the loss on the very few items that get misplaced. The post office isn't perfect, but it's very rare when an item sent never turns up.

PolarBear 07-04-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannonballsun (Post 1895601)
Some pretty big sellers on EBay go the pwe route. They figure they will come out ahead with the money they save on tracking, and just take the loss on the very few items that get misplaced. The post office isn't perfect, but it's very rare when an item sent never turns up.

I posted a story on the main forum last week about a T205 that showed up last month, that I mailed in 2009.