Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Yankee Stadium Seat colors (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=320646)

Tomman1961 06-05-2022 06:20 AM

Yankee Stadium Seat colors

Many years ago, someone from Sports Collectors Digest ran article on stadium seats. I contacted him and he told me the colors of the seats that were the ones removed in the 1970's remodel. The first color down was a green Then repainted in a blue. I lost the Sherwin Williams colors he told me. Anyone know them? I also have photos of the seats as I got them in horrible rotten condition, but still had a good amount of paint to determine they were blue over green. Help please.

Tomman1961 06-05-2022 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 519620

khkco4bls 06-05-2022 11:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
.mine 1920s and later chairs

batsballsbases 06-06-2022 07:51 AM

seats

Hello I did a post some time ago on net54 about the yankee seats. I re did mine back in 2008. Here is the sherwin williams paint # from back then. The seats were painted in " sea foam" green and then re painted in SW6797 jay bird blue.I replaced some of my slats as we know rot is a big problem. I went to a good woodworking shop back then and he bent me some great bottoms. My tops were in great shape (thank goodness) Here are some pics of the process. If you can sand them down and try and leave as much of the sea foam green on them. There has always been a question about re storing these seats and I found thru the years that for one my wife wouldnt let me bring them in to the house the way they were. (I dont blame her) And as for price it doesnt change that much as these seats had been re painted at yankee stadium and had seat slats replaced many times... Long story I will make it shorter a very good friend of mine in Stamford Ct owned United House Wrecking they took out about 15,000 sets and rows of seats and had them at the property in Stamford. He was selling them at the time for 5-10 dollars each! We both laugh about that to this day! I replaced my slats and you cant tell which ones were replaced. I have asked friends many times to tell me which ones! Bottom line its a great project And you will be happy after its done! Show some pics of the progress! Hope this helps.... Also 2 qts will probably do the job I did 3 coats. But the gallon cost as much as 2 quarts... Just FYI....

Tomman1961 06-11-2022 08:40 AM

That's good info. Thanks. My wife is a realtor and Sherwin Williams stopped by her office recently and gave her the full pallet of colors swatches in a brick of a book. Thanks for the mention of Seafoam and then the BlueJay over it. I posted my before picture. It was 3 seats. The wood was bad and the casting supports breaking. So Dad got 2 good seats out of them. He was quite the craftsman and handy man. It was me that said make 2 and not 3. He could have since he was that good with wood. Though not sure how the casting would ever really allowed that third seat. They are stripped to bare wood and metal. I hope to paint them sometime in the summer. Great pictures. And thanks for the reply.

Tomman1961 06-12-2022 05:56 PM

I did a search and you and I spoke about these in 2011 and I am only now serious about finishing. Life got in the way.

batsballsbases 06-13-2022 06:43 AM

Ah the old life got in the way story! I hope you can work on them this time around!;);)