Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Help assessing grade (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=331501)

71buc 02-10-2023 07:21 PM

Help assessing grade

5 Attachment(s)
Sending these to PSA soon. I need to place a value on them. What do you think they might grade? I need unbiased eyes. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Mike

CardPadre 02-10-2023 08:46 PM

More cards I like and have. Love playing this game. That Payton is a real beauty, hope for an 8 on that guy but be prepared for a 7. Montana is probably a 6. Rice maybe a 7. Marino (I think it has white print spotting?) so maybe 5 or 6, but otherwise very nice. Campbell looks really sharp, I'd say 8 on that. Nice stuff, will be excited to see the results down the road, good luck.

71buc 02-10-2023 09:07 PM

Thanks again. I'm assisting a friend to raise needed funds with these cards. I'm more of a memorabilia guy. I really want these to do well for him and I know that clouds my vision. The Payton is the best card he has in terms of condition. I scanned it at 1200 DPI and enlarged it X5 I couldn't find any flaws.

Chicosbailbonds 02-12-2023 12:00 PM

I don’t see many centered Payton RC’s. Good luck with this one, it’s very nice.

71buc 03-01-2023 08:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CardPadre (Post 2313039)
More cards I like and have. Love playing this game. That Payton is a real beauty, hope for an 8 on that guy but be prepared for a 7. Montana is probably a 6. Rice maybe a 7. Marino (I think it has white print spotting?) so maybe 5 or 6, but otherwise very nice. Campbell looks really sharp, I'd say 8 on that. Nice stuff, will be excited to see the results down the road, good luck.

The CardPadre should be a card grader. Thought I’d update for anyone who might be interested. I received a lot of feedback and advice on what to expect and where to grade. It was all appreciated. I decided to send the Montana, Payton, and Gretzky to PSA in hopes of maximizing their resale value. I requested no modifiers. My friend didnt want to risk the potential long PSA wait times for the other 85 cards I decided to submit. Those were sent to SGC. Both submissions were mailed on Feb 21st. They both arrived on the 23rd. The three card PSA submission is pending being entered. Amazingly the other 85 sent to SGC were graded and shipped back to me yesterday. Here are the images they provided for the cards I posted here. Ill update this post when PSA has completed grading the other 3 cards.

CardPadre 03-01-2023 12:47 PM

Nice, looking forward to the PSA results. Really hope the Payton gets an 8.

71buc 03-02-2023 09:56 PM

OK…PSA entered the cards and today at the research phase they placed the Gretzky Payton and Montana in a “Received Hold” status. What does that mean? I assessed value at PSA 5 on Gretzky and PSA 7 comp sales on the Payton and Montana. Could this mean I undervalued them?

71buc 03-11-2023 12:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Not what I hoped for but…it is what it is.

CardPadre 03-11-2023 08:35 AM

Congrats on the Payton and Montana grades, those are solid. No word on the Gretzky yet?

71buc 03-11-2023 09:28 PM

PSA was going to put a qualifier on it so I had them return it ungraded. I will be sending it to SGC.