Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Greg Morris Cards eBay question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=331695)

Flowride 02-14-2023 12:48 PM

Greg Morris Cards eBay question

Has anybody on here ever consigned cards to Greg Morris?
If so,
1) How long did it take after you mailed the cards to him, did he list them on eBay?
2) When he sent your payment for the consignment, did he itemize all the cards that were sold and his cut on the consignment?
3) How was payment sent, cashiers check or Paypal?
4) Any other feedback you can provide would be appreciated.
I am considering sending him a complete 1971 Topps set.
Thanks for your help!

gonefishin 02-14-2023 02:05 PM

I've never bought or sold to them, but was just wondering why you don't ask him those type of questions? I'm not trying to be rude, but those are just some of the basics that I'm sure they would answer.

Gorditadogg 02-15-2023 09:52 AM

I buy a lot from GM. For most of their cards, they show them against a blue background, but for some reason, for the 71s, they use a black background. It makes it really difficult for me to see what the cards look like.

Just a random rant.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

HittinLikeCarew 02-19-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorditadogg (Post 2314829)
I buy a lot from GM. For most of their cards, they show them against a blue background, but for some reason, for the 71s, they use a black background. It makes it really difficult for me to see what the cards look like.

Just a random rant.

I always assumed it was to give a more accurate representation of the edges (ie you can see the white wear).

smellthegum 02-19-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HittinLikeCarew (Post 2316124)
I always assumed it was to give a more accurate representation of the edges (ie you can see the white wear).

I think so too, and it works well for cards that have only a couple of tiny chips or even just some edge fuzz; but for ultra clean, unchipped cards it makes it really difficult to determine centering when there is no definition between the black card and the black background.

Gr8Beldini 02-19-2023 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorditadogg (Post 2314829)

Just a random rant.

100% correct. For some odd reason a lot of sellers use the black backdrop to sell their '71's. Makes it particularly difficult to gauge centering. I always stay away when I see that.

55koufax 02-19-2023 01:05 PM

I just consigned 800 cards with GM

Quote:

Greg Morris Cards eBay question
Has anybody on here ever consigned cards to Greg Morris?
If so,
1) How long did it take after you mailed the cards to him, did he list them on eBay?
2) When he sent your payment for the consignment, did he itemize all the cards that were sold and his cut on the consignment?
3) How was payment sent, cashiers check or Paypal?
4) Any other feedback you can provide would be appreciated.
I am considering sending him a complete 1971 Topps set.
Thanks for your help!
My raw cards listed on Greg Morris on eBay. My graded cards listed on GM Cards on eBay. They always treat raw and graded as such.

On his website consignor page, every detail is itemized. No info is omitted. Very well done.

They give you many choices for payment. Wire, ACH, etc. Curiously, they pay out 75% within about two weeks of close, and the balance follows 2/3 weeks thereafter. Not a bad way to do it.

I consigned about 700 diff PSA cards that are live now. The '4 '79 Topps FB set, the #4 81 Topps Hoops set, and 51 diff 1981 Fleer PSA 10s, plus a midgrade '63 Topps FB set with 44 graded on GM and 126 raw on Greg Morris.

Hundreds of 10's in total, many low pop.

I found them to be cooperative, some what flexible, efficient, and on top of it, unlike so MANY others in this biz.

Best of all, they are less than 10 miles from me :D

cardsagain74 02-19-2023 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55koufax (Post 2316161)
My raw cards listed on Greg Morris on eBay. My graded cards listed on GM Cards on eBay. They always treat raw and graded as such.

On his website consignor page, every detail is itemized. No info is omitted. Very well done.

They give you many choices for payment. Wire, ACH, etc. Curiously, they pay out 75% within about two weeks of close, and the balance follows 2/3 weeks thereafter. Not a bad way to do it.

I consigned about 700 diff PSA cards that are live now. The '4 '79 Topps FB set, the #4 81 Topps Hoops set, and 51 diff 1981 Fleer PSA 10s, plus a midgrade '63 Topps FB set with 44 graded on GM and 126 raw on Greg Morris.

Hundreds of 10's in total, many low pop.

I found them to be cooperative, some what flexible, efficient, and on top of it, unlike so MANY others in this biz.

Best of all, they are less than 10 miles from me :D

Thanks for the info James. Been meaning to get together some stuff to send there, and this helps.

Also, their site says minimum 5 k worth for submissions (for others who might
be considering sending anything their way)

jchcollins 02-22-2023 12:37 PM

There are multiple good YouTube videos on consigning with GM, checkout John Rossi / Papa Rossi / Talking Ball Cards.

55koufax 02-26-2023 12:45 PM

"I just consigned 800 cards with GM"

It was actually closer to 750 PSA graded and 100 raw. Even though they made what I at first thought might be a critical error in ending the ten day eBay auction on SAT nite instead of SUN nite, as promised, the results far and away exceeded my expectations. 1979 FB, 1981 Hoops, both high grade #4 Registry sets, 1963 mid grade FB with 44 graded and 126 raw, and 51 diff - '81 Fleer PSA 10s. Total gross about $75K, $65K net. This was my first with GM and likely not my last.

They are pretty efficient thus far.

Hopefully they payout as timely as promised.

ps - the '81 Hoops which was so cheap 5 - 10 years ago was extremely strong.
Hard to believe those '80s cards can garner such strong $$$'s.

insidethewrapper 02-26-2023 06:44 PM

1981 Hoops ?, I think you mean '81 Topps or '89 Hoops.

55koufax 02-26-2023 10:40 PM

'81 Topps

Basketball = Hoops (jargon - not the card brand which came later)