Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T206 missing ink pass (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=288745)

Wookjie17 09-07-2020 09:39 PM

T206 missing ink pass

2 Attachment(s)
Do cards with a missing pass of ink increase the value over an equivalent properly printed card? Been hard to find a decent number of comps. I know some people collect oddballs but looking for general feedback on this kind of printer error which apparently made it to distribution and not (seemingly) not hand cut printers scrap.

Example Dode Paskert and proper card shown

Thanks

Exhibitman 09-08-2020 11:43 AM

It can. I sold a Titus missing an ink pass at a premium once. Just gonna have to auction it off and see...

mrvster 09-09-2020 02:11 PM

Wook

Hello

yes , they can sometimes......but they need to be more "dramatic" than this ...:)

yours may add a slight premium 20-30 % :D

Leon 09-13-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wookjie17 (Post 2015714)
Do cards with a missing pass of ink increase the value over an equivalent properly printed card? Been hard to find a decent number of comps. I know some people collect oddballs but looking for general feedback on this kind of printer error which apparently made it to distribution and not (seemingly) not hand cut printers scrap.value

Example Dode Paskert and proper card shown

Thanks

Cool looking card regardless of value.

Jobu 09-13-2020 02:46 PM

I'd like to see these scanned side by side. This looks like a difference due to lighting (and maybe a subtle difference in the cards themselves, which is common) as opposed to a missing color.

Pat R 09-14-2020 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2017381)
I'd like to see these scanned side by side. This looks like a difference due to lighting (and maybe a subtle difference in the cards themselves, which is common) as opposed to a missing color.

I agree with Bryan I don't think it's missing a color pass. Most of the t206s
with the yellow/orange backgrounds do have variations from yellow to light
and sometimes a little darker orange.

Here's a Downey that is missing a color pass that gives it the yellow background.

Attachment 418344

Wookjie17 09-14-2020 09:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat R (Post 2017668)
I agree with Bryan I don't think it's missing a color pass. Most of the t206s
with the yellow/orange backgrounds do have variations from yellow to light
and sometimes a little darker orange.

Here's a Downey that is missing a color pass that gives it the yellow background.

Attachment 418344

I don’t have another copy of this card so can’t do hi-res side by side. I am certainly no expert on this but something seems way off on all the colors compared to other ones seen online. Not just the background but there isn’t any shadowing on the uniform or belt at all, so to me it looks like possibly missing the brown pass