Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Opinions on 'Type' of these vintage 1964 WS Photos, Please (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=301744)

Kzoo 05-10-2021 05:28 PM

Opinions on 'Type' of these vintage 1964 WS Photos, Please

4 Attachment(s)
Guys...........I have 8 different, vintage photographs from the 1960's era, including these 2 from the '64 WS. Most measure about 10" x 14" and have pencil notations from the photographer/developer (?) on the back, along with some player notations on stickers from the guy I bought them from a couple years ago. Photos have great contrast and sharpness. What 'Type' (I-IV) of photos would these be considered? Corners have some creasing and they feel like older photo stock. Thanks in advance for any opinions/help. Sorry for the weird image sizes.

Matt

drcy 05-10-2021 06:55 PM

If the stock is vintage 1960s, they are type 1. The images are made from the original negatives it appears, as they are sharp.

I can't tell you the age of the stock from the images, but they should be matte texture on back and toned to off-white.

ocjack 05-10-2021 07:49 PM

I enlarged the crowd in picture 1. The resolution is amazing. I love the faces and reaction of the fans in the photo.

drcy 05-10-2021 11:07 PM

It is possible they were made later (type 2), but due to the larger size and that they were made from the negatives will still give them value. However, if you are confident they are 1960s, they are type 1 originals. They certainly could be, but I just can't examine the stock from pics.

sayhey24 05-11-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocjack (Post 2101708)
I enlarged the crowd in picture 1. The resolution is amazing. I love the faces and reaction of the fans in the photo.

I love the reaction of the woman to our right of Boyer -- and it appears the man to his left ducking in the front row is Warren Giles?

Greg

doug.goodman 05-12-2021 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocjack (Post 2101708)

Sayhey is right, there are some great reactions in that picture

Kzoo 05-15-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 2101685)
If the stock is vintage 1960s, they are type 1. The images are made from the original negatives it appears, as they are sharp.

I can't tell you the age of the stock from the images, but they should be matte texture on back and toned to off-white.

Guys, thanks for your info. David, the backs of the photos are matte finish, no gloss.

Kzoo 05-15-2021 08:16 AM

a few more pics...

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more of them, including another angle photo of the same foul ball catch attempt by Boyer.

What type of rough value would photos like these carry? Just curious. Thanks in advance for your help.....Matt