Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   March Pickups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=299096)

bnorth 03-22-2021 02:23 PM

March Pickups
 
1 Attachment(s)
After a few week wait I got this awesome card in the mail today. This isn't the normal 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken FF card. This one is known as the Mystery Card version. Of all the different versions this one is easily 4th and maybe the 3rd hardest to find. Many think it is a promo/test test issue and a few think it is counterfeit. One thing is for sure there are several differences between it and the regular version and they are very rare.

No matter what it is I am happy to add this double to my Ripken collection.:)

Mike D. 03-22-2021 06:13 PM

Arrived today!

http://baseball-trivia-game.com/images/88_lofton.jpg

todeen 03-22-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D. (Post 2084323)

I never collected Lofton, but he played for my second favorite team, the Indians, and his play and hustle made me an admirer. Beautiful card with vibrant color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mike D. 03-23-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2084391)
I never collected Lofton, but he played for my second favorite team, the Indians, and his play and hustle made me an admirer. Beautiful card with vibrant color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, and this is his “first” card...and only PSA pop 54...so excited to add it!

upstateNYmilb 03-27-2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D. (Post 2084323)

Great card! I live in Syracuse, about 20 mins from Auburn. Unfortunately with MLB's reconfiguration of MILB this year, Auburn is no longer an affiliated franchise. But thankfully there will still be baseball played there this summer, its going to be a summer league for college players. Its a great little ballpark, in the middle of an old neighborhood. There is a house next door, along the first base side. They get foul balls hit into their yard! Imagine living there!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Jcfowler6 03-27-2021 07:37 AM

This is a tough one. Clean too.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c265ad09d5.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...97b749518f.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike D. 03-27-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateNYmilb (Post 2086144)
Great card! I live in Syracuse, about 20 mins from Auburn. Unfortunately with MLB's reconfiguration of MILB this year, Auburn is no longer an affiliated franchise. But thankfully there will still be baseball played there this summer, its going to be a summer league for college players. Its a great little ballpark, in the middle of an old neighborhood. There is a house next door, along the first base side. They get foul balls hit into their yard! Imagine living there!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yeah, this minor league reconfiguration feels like a short-sighted plan to save money...but is penny-wise and pound-foolish. The minors are not only the place where future major league players are created, but future minor league fans.

RI’s minor league team moved to MA - they just couldn’t play in a stadium that’d had a major renovation 10 years ago. The team had an amazing owner from the 1970’s to a few years ago. Ticket prices from the 1970s to 2010s hadn’t even kept pace with inflation. When he passed, the team got sold to some money grubbing millionaires who tried to shake down the state for a new stadium. When that failed (they can thank Curt Schilling), they left town for a city that would pony up. Sad.

bnorth 03-29-2021 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had a awesome member send me these awesome Wade Boggs miscuts for FREE earlier this month.

Mike D. 03-29-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2087175)
Had a awesome member send me these awesome Wade Boggs miscuts for FREE earlier this month.

Ha ha...that's some crazy miscut fun right there. Good stuff!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.