Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fga? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152405)

UOFLfan7 06-12-2012 04:01 PM

Fga?

Has anyone here heard of the grading company called FGA? I have seen a few cards graded 9-10 by them going for tons on Ebay but they all look like fakes or reprints to me even though they are graded by FGA as being authentic. I'm not going to buy any of there graded cards, but I do want to know if they are an authentic grading company...

zljones 06-12-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOFLfan7 (Post 1002985)
Has anyone here heard of the grading company called FGA? I have seen a few cards graded 9-10 by them going for tons on Ebay but they all look like fakes or reprints to me even though they are graded by FGA as being authentic. I'm not going to buy any of there graded cards, but I do want to know if they are an authentic grading company...

Most members on here would probably agree with me that the only trustworthy grading services are: PSA, SGC, BVG (Beckett), or to a lesser extent GAI. GAI is not well liked but they still just make the cut as trustworthy.

UOFLfan7 06-12-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zljones (Post 1002986)
Most members on here would probably agree with me that the only trustworthy grading services are: PSA, SGC, BVG (Beckett), or to a lesser extent GAI. GAI is not well liked but they still just make the cut as trustworthy.

That's exactly what I thought, but some poor collectors on Ebay are being suckered out of a ton of money. A graded 10 Ozzie Smith RC (Graded by FGA of course) is already going for 387.00 with 9 bids or something like that and there is still 2 hours left. I'm thinking of contacting the seller...

zljones 06-12-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOFLfan7 (Post 1002989)
That's exactly what I thought, but some poor collectors on Ebay are being suckered out of a ton of money. A graded 10 Ozzie Smith RC (Graded by FGA of course) is already going for 387.00 with 9 bids or something like that and there is still 2 hours left. I'm thinking of contacting the seller...

Yea some people just bid on things they have no clue about, I am surprised there are actually people out there willing to pay tons of money for something they never researched. But hey if those bidders want to pay a ton then that is their stupidity. Let us know what the outcome of what the seller says.

UOFLfan7 06-12-2012 06:08 PM

Update on what the seller said...absolutely nothing. I still haven't got a reply yet and it has been over two hours!
On another note the final bid was 438.00, not too bad but still feel bad for the guy/girl who just threw thier money away for a fake card.
Type in "FGA graded" on Ebay...everyone of thier graded cards are a 9 or greater...its insane.

Davy_Kangaroo_Jones 06-12-2012 08:13 PM

I prefer SGC. Sometimes my cards come back less than what I thought they were going to, but in the grand scheme of things - that's probably a good thing.

ethicsprof 06-12-2012 08:16 PM

Fga

I don't know this one but from what you're saying, I'd say FGA(T) about this one.
Sorry--couldn't resist.
all the best,
barry

zljones 06-12-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOFLfan7 (Post 1003038)
Update on what the seller said...absolutely nothing. I still haven't got a reply yet and it has been over two hours!
On another note the final bid was 438.00, not too bad but still feel bad for the guy/girl who just threw thier money away for a fake card.
Type in "FGA graded" on Ebay...everyone of thier graded cards are a 9 or greater...its insane.

It's a shame but unless the high bidder was getting it as a gift for someone else, I really do not feel bad for them. But then again the card was graded even though it was a sham service, so that can make it seem legit to the unknowledgable.

UOFLfan7 06-12-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy_Kangaroo_Jones (Post 1003094)
I prefer SGC. Sometimes my cards come back less than what I thought they were going to, but in the grand scheme of things - that's probably a good thing.

I personally prefer PSA.

mybuddyinc 06-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethicsprof (Post 1003095)
I don't know this one but from what you're saying, I'd say FGA(T) about this one.
Sorry--couldn't resist.
all the best,
barry

Barry,
You beat me to it:

FGA = "Fa-Get-Aboutit"

ethicsprof 06-13-2012 11:05 AM

fga

your use of the acronym works better than mine!!!
best,
barry

UOFLfan7 06-13-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethicsprof (Post 1003272)
your use of the acronym works better than mine!!!
best,
barry

Haha, they were both pretty funny...well I got a chuckle out of them at least.

HRBAKER 06-13-2012 03:12 PM

I once ended up with a 1963 Bazooka graded by FGA in a trade. It was one of the counterfeits.

It was the Brooks R.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...T/bazookas.jpg

UOFLfan7 06-13-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 1003352)
I once ended up with a 1963 Bazooka graded by FGA in a trade. It was one of the counterfeits.

It was the Brooks R.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...T/bazookas.jpg

That sucks...sorry to hear that, what card did you trade for it?