Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Baseball magazine - DIAMOND (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=288825)

arniethefish 09-09-2020 05:08 PM

Baseball magazine - DIAMOND

Diamond magazine is probably one of the best baseball magazines ever published. It used quality paper and the articles were very well written. I have no idea as to why it ceased publication after only 9 issues. The Diamond magazine is a lost treasure.
- I have all of them in mint condition. Does anybody know if there is a market for these magazines?

doug.goodman 09-09-2020 08:09 PM

If by "is there a market" you mean "can I buy all 9 issues, plus a duplicate of the October issue for $25 shipped on ebay right now" then yes, there is a market.

Doug "the ones on ebay aren't mine" Goodman

ooo-ribay 09-10-2020 05:53 AM

Woo hoo! I’m sitting on a potential $25 (less fees and shipping) gold mine! :p

I liked The Diamond, too. As I remember, it was sent free to season ticket holders. :confused:

arniethefish 09-12-2020 05:53 AM

Diamond baseball magazine

Thanks for the info. I am undecided whether to sell or not. I'm 81 and my 50 year oldchildren are not interested in the small amount of baseball memorabilia that I have. As much as I enjoyed them I would hate to see them go into the garbage when die. Somewhere along the way I guess I'll figure it out.

doug.goodman 09-13-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arniethefish (Post 2016910)
Thanks for the info. I am undecided whether to sell or not. I'm 81 and my 50 year oldchildren are not interested in the small amount of baseball memorabilia that I have. As much as I enjoyed them I would hate to see them go into the garbage when die. Somewhere along the way I guess I'll figure it out.

You've got another 20 years to go, so don't stress about it

whitehse 09-13-2020 12:51 PM

I loved that magazine and still have several of mine. If memory serves me correctly they went out of business because the publisher ran out of money and could not find a funding source. It was probably the first and only magazine outside of SCD that I ever subscribed to and was really pissed that it went out of business, taking my subscription money with them.

roarfrom34 09-13-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitehse (Post 2017347)
I loved that magazine and still have several of mine. If memory serves me correctly they went out of business because the publisher ran out of money and could not find a funding source. It was probably the first and only magazine outside of SCD that I ever subscribed to and was really pissed that it went out of business, taking my subscription money with them.

didn't it have some sort of an affiliation with MLB?

ooo-ribay 09-13-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roarfrom34 (Post 2017362)

That's what I thought...I remember getting it for free, as a season ticket holder.

arniethefish 09-18-2020 07:07 AM

Diamond Mag

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2017317)
You've got another 20 years to go, so don't stress about it

Great to know. I wish my kids were interested in this mag, I hate to see it go in the garbage when ........

arniethefish 09-18-2020 07:09 AM

Diamond Mag

Quote:

Originally Posted by roarfrom34 (Post 2017362)

I have no idea. I'm not a collector and I

arniethefish 09-18-2020 07:13 AM

SF Giants

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 2016296)
Woo hoo! I’m sitting on a potential $25 (less fees and shipping) gold mine! :p

I liked The Diamond, too. As I remember, it was sent free to season ticket holders. :confused:

I don't have anything re SF BUT I have an old score book, from 1951/2 that has Leo Durocher's signature along with Say Yvars and another I can't read.