Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   RIP Chadwick Boseman dies at 43 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=288183)

clydepepper 08-28-2020 09:32 PM

RIP Chadwick Boseman dies at 43

Boseman, who portrayed Jackie Robinson in the movie '42' died Friday of colon cancer. He also portrayed the first African-American Super-Hero in 'Black Panther.

He was 43 years old...died on the day honoring the man he so brilliantly portrayed.

Fate is Cruel....Life is Precious.

Seven 08-28-2020 09:41 PM

Extremely Tragic. Loved him as Jackie Robinson, and as Black Panther in the Marvel Films. It was pretty shocking to learn how under wraps this was kept. Apparently he had been battling cancer for four years, which meant his tenure as Black Panther was filmed entirely while he was fighting cancer.

Only 43 too. So young, with so much life left in front of him. Certainly my thoughts and prayers are with his family. I've read that he was very close with his parents. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling like, as the loss of a child no matter how old must be devastating.

The year has been rough as it is. Sports and Entertainment have been one of the few things to keep many people going. Another tragedy to add to the long list already.

Snapolit1 08-29-2020 09:15 AM

Yeah, that really sucks. Young vibrant guy cut down way too soon.

samosa4u 08-29-2020 10:03 AM

I'm surprised how great he looked despite being so sick.

Seven 08-29-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 2012849)
I'm surprised how great he looked despite being so sick.

He posted a video, since pulled down, back in April I believe. He was gaunt looking. Face sunken in, very skinny. I know some fans were concerned but rationalized it as him preparing for a role. Actors weights certainly fluctuate a lot nowadays depending on the type of role they're accepting.

I was speaking to my doctor the other day, who also happens to be a close family friend, He recommended to start getting A Colonoscopy starting at age 30. Will probably be doing that seeing such a young person succumb to cancer.

samosa4u 08-29-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven (Post 2012861)
He posted a video, since pulled down, back in April I believe. He was gaunt looking. Face sunken in, very skinny. I know some fans were concerned but rationalized it as him preparing for a role. Actors weights certainly fluctuate a lot nowadays depending on the type of role they're accepting.

I was speaking to my doctor the other day, who also happens to be a close family friend, He recommended to start getting A Colonoscopy starting at age 30. Will probably be doing that seeing such a young person succumb to cancer.

But he was battling colon cancer for four years! And during that time, he made so many movies and looked great. That's what I was trying to say.

Snapolit1 08-31-2020 06:56 PM

Well listen to your doctor of course, but I believe standard practice absent some strong family history is to get your first one at age 50.

QUOTE=Seven;2012861]He posted a video, since pulled down, back in April I believe. He was gaunt looking. Face sunken in, very skinny. I know some fans were concerned but rationalized it as him preparing for a role. Actors weights certainly fluctuate a lot nowadays depending on the type of role they're accepting.

I was speaking to my doctor the other day, who also happens to be a close family friend, He recommended to start getting A Colonoscopy starting at age 30. Will probably be doing that seeing such a young person succumb to cancer.[/QUOTE]