Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Baseball question to think about! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=221024)

sam majors 04-13-2016 01:14 PM

Baseball question to think about!

Is it possible for a baseball team to get three singles and three triples in the same inning and not score a run? Answer has nothing to do with the game being rained out, forfeited, restarted later or an act of God. I say it's possible! What do you think? Please just answer yes or no for the first couple of days so as not to spoil the question for others. Sam Majors :confused: :confused: :confused:

ajquigs 04-13-2016 02:27 PM

Yes.

almostdone 04-13-2016 09:16 PM

I've heard this before. Took me awhile to remember but the answer is yes. It is possible although highly unlikely
Drew

the 'stache 04-14-2016 09:16 AM

My instinct says yes.

bnorth 04-14-2016 12:21 PM

Yes, but has it actually happened?

Peter_Spaeth 04-14-2016 12:48 PM

First batter triples is picked off or thrown out stealing home.
Second batter, same.
Third batter triples.
Fourth batter gets infield hit but runner on third does not advance.
Fifth batter gets infield hit, same.
Sixth batter hits ball that hits runner in basepath who is called out, but gets credit (I think) for single.

pokerplyr80 04-14-2016 05:46 PM

If he got to first before the ball hit the runner does he get credit for the single?

frankbmd 04-14-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1527614)
If he got to first before the ball hit the runner does he get credit for the single?

That batter is faster than a speeding bullet

He's a bird

He's a plane

He's ......................

mid50sbaseball 04-15-2016 09:31 AM

another possibility would be the first two batters trying to stretch triples into inside the parkers and getting thrown out at home.

I was also able to confirm that the scenario of the 3rd out via runner being hit by the batted ball would indeed result in the batter being credited with a single regardless of whether or not he actually reaches first base prior to the runner being struck.

Tripredacus 04-20-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mid50sbaseball (Post 1527852)
another possibility would be the first two batters trying to stretch triples into inside the parkers and getting thrown out at home.

I think that scenario is not correct. If a batter gets a hit and gets tagged out at third, he does not get a double on the scorecard.

EvilKing00 04-23-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam majors (Post 1526970)
Is it possible for a baseball team to get three singles and three triples in the same inning and not score a run? Answer has nothing to do with the game being rained out, forfeited, restarted later or an act of God. I say it's possible! What do you think? Please just answer yes or no for the first couple of days so as not to spoil the question for others. Sam Majors :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes

Jim65 04-24-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripredacus (Post 1529797)
I think that scenario is not correct. If a batter gets a hit and gets tagged out at third, he does not get a double on the scorecard.

He does get credited with a double because he did reach second base safely.

Joshchisox08 05-04-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam majors (Post 1526970)

Ahh same inning? or same half inning? There's a big difference.