Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1951 Topps RINGSIDE--NEED JUST 1!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180966)

GoldenAge50s 12-31-2013 11:29 PM

1951 Topps RINGSIDE--NEED JUST 1!!

12-18 UPDATE:

NEED 1 CARD--#61 Pete Mead Would love to finish this off--Almost any condition will do!

WANTED! I'm down to the last 5 cards needed to complete my set.

Anyone have #1 Lesnevitch, #2 Armstrong, #32 Marciano, #48 Castellani or #61 Mead they'd care to let go?

Will consider most any card that isn't a "beater" as long as it has decent eye appeal.

Could use PayPal Family & Friends to save you any fees or I have cash, which is just as good as money!:rolleyes:;)

GoldenAge50s 01-07-2014 10:34 PM

I have my Marciano! Anybody at all help w/ the last 4?

GoldenAge50s 01-24-2014 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Rocky I picked up. Much better than I thought it was going to be & I got it for a song!

Can anybody help w/ the other 4?

GoldenAge50s 03-06-2014 07:37 PM

Got it down to 2 cards! Anyone have #2 Henry Armstrong & #61 Pete Mead they'd care to sell?---or trade for?

I've got a backroom full of cards & am sure I have something you are looking for!

GoldenAge50s 04-08-2014 05:46 PM

Just a one-time bump. I still need the 2 cards in previous post, so if anyone has either or, just drop me a PM or EM.

Thanks!

Jerry G 04-08-2014 10:15 PM

Good luck, Fred!

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry that I don't have any doubles for sale or trade. I just wanted to chime in and say that '51 Topps Ringside is my second favorite set of cards. Ranks only behind the '33 Goudeys. If I ran back into the burning building, those would be the first two binders I would save.

The Ringsides have awesome pictures of a great selection of fighters. The backs are a treasure trove of interesting facts. Very cool set even without Dempsey.

MyGuyTy 04-16-2014 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 1232134)
Here's the Rocky I picked up. Much better than I thought it was going to be & I got it for a song!

Can anybody help w/ the other 4?

Great looking Rocky, Fred! Nice addition

GoldenAge50s 04-17-2014 03:28 PM

Hi Jerry & Buddy--

Thanks for the comments!

This Ringside set is one I had saved from my boyhood but never completed. After all these yrs I finally decided last yr or so to finish it off!

While I have gradually let loose of alot of my original cards the last few yrs from the late '40's--early '50's, I never wanted to let the Ringside set go.

Of all my baseball & football & nonsport cards from that era (and I have MANY!), the '51 Ringside was one of my absolute favorites!

It brings back special memories as an 11yr old sitting in front of the TV & watching many of these fighters on the old Pabst Blue Ribbon Wed nite fights & the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports fights on Fri nites.

I used to have a scorebook put out by PBR that they gave out to bars & taverns to score the fights, and it was full of fights I watched & scored as a kid featuring a bunch of the fighters in the Ringside set!

How I wish I could find that booklet today, but alas, unlike my old cards, it got away from me!

Thanks for letting me prattle on!

GoldenAge50s 12-18-2014 09:25 AM

See Post 1!

Need #61 Pete Mead