Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   counterfeit items (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=286013)

bnorth 07-13-2020 02:23 PM

counterfeit items

2 Attachment(s)
I got screwed on a pair of Nike shoes today. I am a cheap ass but I like nice things. I really like Nike Pegasus 35 Turbo shoes. Some don't because they are too soft for them. Sometimes you can pick up a worn a couple times pair for 1/3 the price. I seen a nice Chinese New Year edition that looked to be in like new shape for that 1/3 the price of new I like to pay.

They arrived today and I got some cheap counterfeit Nike shoes. Never noticed till after I got them on and took a few steps. Then I knew instantly they was fake.:( Then I started looking and everything is just a little off.

The worst part is if I would have looked at the sellers pictures a lot closer I would have seen they were fake. So I feel kinda stupid but sure as hell am returning them for my cash back.

Here is what counterfeit Nike shoes look like. I took the insole(wrong for shoe) out of the one on the left. That is not what it should look like under the insole. Also the bottom of the show is very wrong.

Just venting.:) anybody else have a I ended up with a counterfeit story?

bnorth 07-13-2020 04:13 PM

Seller got back to me fairly quickly and refunded my money and said I could keep them. Good part is they look nice bad part is they are like wearing a cheap $50 pair of shoes. Wife said they could be my next pair of mowing shoes.

White Borders 07-13-2020 06:22 PM

Glad there weren't any hassles on the refund. I always wear steel-toed boots when I mow :)

steve B 07-14-2020 10:39 PM

I've heard of pointy toe shoes, but pointy heels?

I don't recall ever having Nikes. Probably a leftover from cycling and being in a machine shop where nothing lasted more than a few months. At the time, a $10 pair lasted maybe 4-6 months and a $25-50 pair lasted maybe 6-7 months. (80's pricing... )
The cutting oil that got everywhere usually dissolved whatever held the soles on eventually making any pair into flip flops.

familytoad 07-14-2020 10:48 PM

Shues

I know when I read "Cheap $50 sneakers" my personal footwear cowered and slid further under the bed. Both pairs of mine don't add to $50.:D

Ben, I'm glad you were refunded.
I obviously don't know anything about being a Sneakerhead, but it's fascinating to see the $$$$ that are involved in that hobby.

bnorth 07-23-2020 07:13 PM

Been watching for another pair. Since I ended up with a counterfeit pair I have been looking at the shoes a lot closer. Holy BLEEP are there a lot of counterfeit Nike shoes on eBay.

Seven 07-23-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2002148)
Been watching for another pair. Since I ended up with a counterfeit pair I have been looking at the shoes a lot closer. Holy BLEEP are there a lot of counterfeit Nike shoes on eBay.

I remember roughly 10 years ago, when I was more invested in the shoe game, Niketalk was my go to for legit checks and resources on shoes. Granted I have no idea if it's still any good, but they used to be very helpful.

Counterfeit Jersey's and Shoes dominate the Ebay market, and some fakes, especially with prominent Air Jordan releases, are very well disguised.

One thing I can say is that everything is different now with Shoes. Depending on the store, there used to be no limit to the amount of pairs you could buy, depending on the store of course. I remember camping out for releases, and immediately flipping shoes to someone on the back of the line for double the retail price. You stopped being able to camp after a series of robberies and shootings were happening over the latest releases. They switched to the online model and that's when the bots started taking over.