Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My thoughts are 50 or so MLB season (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285318)

1952boyntoncollector 06-27-2020 07:52 AM

My thoughts are 50 or so MLB season

Not a legit champion.....a champion but cant compare to 162 games

Need to go through the marathon to prove if you are a real champion...but it is what it is.....rather have a short season than none.

Its like clicking 'arcade' version when playing video game versus the more real version.

Can have sick stats when its not about just about tallying stats ......ie. hitting .400 etc.

I think it its more of a team game now that stat game....people going to try to win games more than get cheap RBIs or trying to move runners over and risk not getting a hit etc because noone need to worry about getting 20 homers or 90 rbis....its just going to be about winning games!

so half a season is 25 or so games? Matt Nokes and Greg Jeffries could of been MVPs maybe in their best year if had 50 games

will 2020 be the year of the Marlins, Trail Blazers and Browns due to shortened seasons?

Chris Davis last year would not have had many hits....

for those slow hitter starters..going 3-35 etc...already 20 percent of year is done...cant just sit out a few days to clear your head.....then you miss another chunk

going to have to come up with conversion

I guess will have multiply by about 3...so if get 6 homers..its 18.....35 rbis is like getting 100 etc.

packs 06-27-2020 10:19 AM

I would have no interest in playing this year. As a player you can only lose. If you’re a free agent next year you can’t make any money this season. Your stats won’t matter and will only be used against you if they’re referenced at all. Imagine getting hurt in your walk year to play 60 games? Do you really want to go into arbitration next year on stats over 60 games? Do you really want to see a starter get hurt and miss 2021 so they could make 4 starts in 2020?

earlywynnfan 06-27-2020 11:07 AM

I think a champion in a sprint is as legit as a champion in a marathon. I actually think a short season as a one-time thing might be pretty cool.

One of the greatest and worst things about baseball is the talking about the game. Like it or not, the discussions that can come from this will be endless, which would fuel more baseball interest. What if Verlander wins 11 games. x3, and he was on pace to outperform McLain. Or if a hitter is hitting .400. A slugger gets hot and hits 22 dingers.

We would all be choosing sides on the arguments, but the DEBATE is what makes baseball interesting.

Runscott 06-29-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1994115)
I think a champion in a sprint is as legit as a champion in a marathon. I actually think a short season as a one-time thing might be pretty cool.

One of the greatest and worst things about baseball is the talking about the game. Like it or not, the discussions that can come from this will be endless, which would fuel more baseball interest. What if Verlander wins 11 games. x3, and he was on pace to outperform McLain. Or if a hitter is hitting .400. A slugger gets hot and hits 22 dingers.

We would all be choosing sides on the arguments, but the DEBATE is what makes baseball interesting.

I agree completely. What if the fans decide that a 60-game season is perfect?