Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sets that have eluded us over the years! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=294984)

Vintagecatcher 01-17-2021 08:37 PM

Sets that have eluded us over the years!

For those of us that collect a very wide range of type cards, there haven't been too many "types" I haven't owned over the years.

The one set I have always wanted an example of is the T211 Red Sun set. Unfortunately, there are only a few catchers in the set, and I haven't found a nice example to add to my collection yet. Would love to find a Joe Dunn T211 to go with my Series 8, T210 Old Mill Joe Dunn card!

What sets have eluded you?

Patrick

G1911 01-17-2021 08:50 PM

Still missing a T204 Ramly backed card for my low-grade type collection, have had a TTT for many years, but not a Ramly even though they aren't very hard at all.

Not a set exactly, but the oddest card on my want list that has been there for years is a T206 Paddy Livinston/Livingstone. My first pre-war card was a T205 of Lviingston my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 10 or so, and so I've wanted the T206 to match with it for years. Maybe do all the common backs for both cards. I have about 100 T206's, thousands of sport and non-sport T cards I've bought in the 20 years since, but I always end up the under bidder on every low-grade Livingston that comes up. Eventually I'll hit the BIN and overpay just a little bit, but for such a common and cheap card it stands out on my want list as the ultimate "how do I still not have this?"

brianp-beme 01-18-2021 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For my type card set the one that sticks out for me like a sore thumb is the Nadja Caramels E104-3, which is the only one in the basic E90 to E107 run I need. Cards from this set are tough to come by, and I like the different artwork not seen in the other candy sets, but just never have pulled the trigger to land one when they have been available. I'm a cheap bastard.

Brian (card obviously not mine)

Jason 01-18-2021 09:55 AM

E222 is it for me. Anyone will do but a Colt would be heavenly!

Gorditadogg 01-18-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2057170)
Still missing a T204 Ramly backed card for my low-grade type collection, have had a TTT for many years, but not a Ramly even though they aren't very hard at all.

Not a set exactly, but the oddest card on my want list that has been there for years is a T206 Paddy Livinston/Livingstone. My first pre-war card was a T205 of Lviingston my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 10 or so, and so I've wanted the T206 to match with it for years. Maybe do all the common backs for both cards. I have about 100 T206's, thousands of sport and non-sport T cards I've bought in the 20 years since, but I always end up the under bidder on every low-grade Livingston that comes up. Eventually I'll hit the BIN and overpay just a little bit, but for such a common and cheap card it stands out on my want list as the ultimate "how do I still not have this?"

Amazed and impressed with how many ways to spell Paddy's last name. BTW, I have the 1954 Scoops Livingstone, I guess I need to get the T206 next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk