Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REA Shipping Wow (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=300715)

Donscards 04-21-2021 11:54 AM

REA Shipping Wow

1 Attachment(s)
I have to say REA is something else with their shipping---my wins came yesterday---I only paid today since I was out of town--but they ship without even receiving my payment. Here is a scan of 4 cards I won--I also won 2 1956 Mantle's and a Elway Rookie--it was a large order, but the service is fantastic--Hats off to REA---thanks, Don---On a side note, FEDEX left the box on my doorstep and they signed my name---I quickly called daughter to go and pick up box---With Covid, all companies seem to leave packages on porches or steps---But at least I did receive my cards in record time. Thanks REA

Vintageismygame 04-21-2021 12:39 PM

Great cards Don!!

I am really warming up to those 1935s! I mean not only is a great card of Brandt but throw in the fact you also get McManus!! You can't go wrong!

MGHPro 04-21-2021 01:17 PM

I was a little surprised by the shipping price for my small value win . A few boxes of modern , being shipped within NJ and shipping was $75 . 🤔

YazFenway08 04-21-2021 01:30 PM

I think I am still learning...but Don, isnt that '34 Goudey Gehrig fantastic looking for a "4"??? Granted, I cant zoom in, but its a "4" because of centering? It looks two grades better than that to me. great card

puckpaul 04-21-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageismygame (Post 2095266)
great cards don!!

I am really warming up to those 1935s! I mean not only is a great card of brandt but throw in the fact you also get mcmanus!! You can't go wrong!

lol

Donscards 04-21-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YazFenway08 (Post 2095280)
I think I am still learning...but Don, isnt that '34 Goudey Gehrig fantastic looking for a "4"??? Granted, I cant zoom in, but its a "4" because of centering? It looks two grades better than that to me. great card

If you check what I paid. You will see why I thought it was a strong 4 and could be graded a little higher

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-21-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGHPro (Post 2095277)
I was a little surprised by the shipping price for my small value win . A few boxes of modern , being shipped within NJ and shipping was $75 . 🤔

The value of your win only has so much to do with the shipping (if it needs insurance at all) what was the WEIGHT of your win?

If you win a Cadillac DeVille for $1 in an online auction they still can't put it in a PWE because you only spent $1.

I had a buyer win 400 magazines from me for about 40 bucks. He had a canary when the shipping was around $120 because he "only spent $40" So I'm supposed to eat a portion of the shipping on almost 200 lbs of magazines because you got a good deal???

brianp-beme 04-21-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2095292)
The value of your win only has so much to do with the shipping (if it needs insurance at all) what was the WEIGHT of your win?

If you win a Cadillac DeVille for $1 in an online auction they still can't put it in a PWE because you only spent $1.

I had a buyer win 400 magazines from me for about 40 bucks. He had a canary when the shipping was around $120 because he "only spent $40" So I'm supposed to eat a portion of the shipping on almost 200 lbs of magazines because you got a good deal???

The only time it is good to have a canary is when you are in the vicinity of a coal mine.

Brian

D. Bergin 04-21-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

LOL, exact same thing happened to me over 10 years ago on Ebay. Guy won a bunch of lots of Ring Magazines from me, and ended up giving me 12 neutral feedbacks because of the shipping charge........that I'm pretty sure I lost money on, and charged him a lot less then it actually came to in the shipping calculator, when he initially put the bids in.

SD 04-21-2021 03:30 PM

Don't forget the White Walker Rabbit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintageismygame (Post 2095266)
Great cards Don!!

I am really warming up to those 1935s! I mean not only is a great card of Brandt but throw in the fact you also get McManus!! You can't go wrong!

SD 04-21-2021 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

MGHPro 04-21-2021 04:06 PM

Yes - I’ve shipped enough to know that . FedEx’s website didn’t want to work to quote me a price , so using an extreme weight and much bigger box than needed ,usps priority is $37 . I’m use to a few companies being ridiculous with shipping but rea was always good. That’s all .

Quote:

7nohitter 04-21-2021 04:37 PM

Beautiful cards! I will definitely have to check out your store when I'm up there this summer.

BRoberts 04-21-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGHPro (Post 2095351)
Yes - I’ve shipped enough to know that . FedEx’s website didn’t want to work to quote me a price , so using an extreme weight and much bigger box than needed ,usps priority is $37 . I’m use to a few companies being ridiculous with shipping but rea was always good. That’s all .

What did someone at REA say when you asked them about it?

mrreality68 04-21-2021 05:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
WOW
They are really fast shipping. I paid this morning and I received an email with tracking info that I will receive it tomorrow.

I am excited to get to this card. It is my 4th 1916 Advertising Back for Joe Jackson. Trying to make a run on them. Slow but enjoyable process

Casey2296 04-21-2021 05:23 PM

Nice pick up Jeff, I thought of your run when I saw that card.

Bkrum 04-21-2021 05:32 PM

The PSA 5 Ruth 1935 was my consignment. You should have bid that up a little more and you could have had the trifecta!

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-21-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGHPro (Post 2095351)

OK, just saying I've seen it before.

Did you call REA? I post it in almost every thread that criticizes an auction company, that I would hope if someone had a complaint they would give me a chance to fix it before going public. If I fail then by all means tell the world.

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-21-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2095371)
WOW
They are really fast shipping. I paid this morning and I received an email with tracking info that I will receive it tomorrow.

I am excited to get to this card. It is my 4th 1916 Advertising Back for Joe Jackson. Trying to make a run on them. Slow but enjoyable process

Damn! That's a helluva run to attempt! Gorgeous pick up too.

bigfish 04-22-2021 04:56 AM

Well said Scott

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2095378)
OK, just saying I've seen it before.

Did you call REA? I post it in almost every thread that criticizes an auction company, that I would hope if someone had a complaint they would give me a chance to fix it before going public. If I fail then by all means tell the world.

Sadly its much easier to go on a chat forum vs calling the business owner to attempt to solve the problem.

:rolleyes:

Republicaninmass 04-22-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 2095458)
Sadly its much easier to go on a chat forum vs calling the business owner to attempt to solve the problem.

:rolleyes:

You dont say? But where is the drama in a phone call? Better yet, ask if you can drive to Podunk, NJ and pick it up in person to "save" on shipping.

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-22-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 2095476)
You dont say? But where is the drama in a phone call? Better yet, ask if you can drive to Podunk, NJ and pick it up in person to "save" on shipping.

Actually Chester is quite a nice town maybe 45 minutes from NYC, and on those occasions I win from REA I do just that. If you're in reasonable driving distance it's a great solution!

gnaz01 04-26-2021 05:32 PM

Hmmm

1 Attachment(s)
I did Priority Mail but alas no shipping for me yet, Zelle limit is only $3,500.00/day, real first world problems :D

Great cards Don and Jeff!!!

Edited to say I have no issue with Brian and the crew at REA, they do an amazing job!!

lentel 04-26-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2095295)
The only time it is good to have a canary is when you are in the vicinity of a coal mine.

Brian

:):)