Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay Bucks program effectively ending (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297736)

Mark17 03-01-2021 06:54 AM

Ebay Bucks program effectively ending

Received this email from ebay today:

Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021. The good news is, you will continue to receive bonus Bucks offers, so you can keep earning.

And, beginning April 1st, the Bucks you earn will have a 12-month redemption window, so there’s even more time to score those big savings.

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases.‡ Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn more.

We hope you will continue to enjoy savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks Team

BruceinGa 03-01-2021 06:57 AM

Yup, just got the email.

bobbyw8469 03-01-2021 07:14 AM

So in other words, another big FU to the consumer. What else is new.

The Nasty Nati 03-01-2021 07:22 AM

And PSA raised their prices by a lot today. What a day for the hobby.

bobbyw8469 03-01-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nasty Nati (Post 2075019)
And PSA raised their prices by a lot today. What a day for the hobby.

Too much money floating around. Cards went from a 3 month wait time to around a year. Something HAD to be done I reckon. Either people will stop submitting or this new owner is about to get filthy rich!

perezfan 03-01-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2075021)
Too much money floating around. Cards went from a 3 month wait time to around a year. Something HAD to be done I reckon. Either people will stop submitting or this new owner is about to get filthy rich!

Please Lord... let it be the former and not the latter.

Snapolit1 03-01-2021 07:35 AM

I had no clue there was some 1% rebate on everyday purchases, and just received the special bonus offers. Doesn't seem to change that much for me. And I like the 12 month window to use them, so I don't need to rush buy something to keep them from expiring next month.

Fballguy 03-01-2021 08:30 AM

It added up to a bonus for me, depending of course on how active I was. It was nice to get that "free" $100+ purchase every three months....though they've been much smaller than that over the past year. Can't remember the last "bonus bucks" offer I received...and the last few tended to come when there's nothing of interest to buy.

It seems they've done away with their coupons too.

tschock 03-01-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2075063)
It added up to a bonus for me, depending of course on how active I was. It was nice to get that "free" $100+ purchase every three months....though they've been much smaller than that over the past year. Can't remember the last "bonus bucks" offer I received...and the last few tended to come when there's nothing of interest to buy.

It seems they've done away with their coupons too.

That's the big one for me. When I get the 5% (or whatever) bucks offer, there's either nothing as a BIN I want (at the price) or the auction ends past the window.

clydepepper 03-01-2021 11:19 AM

Thank goodness for Leon and BST!!

egri 03-01-2021 11:39 AM

I got that email as well. It seems they've been cutting the program for a while. I can remember when it was 2% then they cut it to 1%, and it seems like I haven't gotten an offer or promotion from them in a while, though that may just be me.

Jason 03-01-2021 12:49 PM

eBay blows.

JollyElm 03-01-2021 05:39 PM

Another big FU to us all. Part of the process involved in deciding whether or not to buy a card with the prices escalating daily was, "Hell, at least I'll get some ebay bucks out of the deal." And POOF!!! away it goes...

Exhibitman 03-01-2021 06:25 PM

I'm surprised it took them this long. Talk about a quick revenue boost: maybe a move in advance of the 'old' normal returning?

tab 03-01-2021 06:37 PM

I always looked forward to spending my bucks on an extra card purchase! Guess it doesn’t really surprise me much. Next they will be charging buyers fees as well.

hcv123 03-01-2021 06:56 PM

Business is strong!

They don't believe they need the buyer incentive - and shirt term at least they are probably right. I predict at some point if/when sales slow, bucks or some similar program will be back.

Popcorn 03-01-2021 06:59 PM

I’m gonna miss those 8-10% days. I would buy cards in my watchlist left and right. It was a great insensitive.

savedfrommyspokes 03-02-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcorn (Post 2075423)
I’m gonna miss those 8-10% days. I would buy cards in my watchlist left and right. It was a great insensitive.

The way I understand this change, is that ebay will still "periodically" offer the larger percent periods...just the 1% "daily" reward will go away.

Most of the larger reward periods typically fall Monday through Thursdays , I am guessing to drive added traffic/purchases to the site.

JollyElm 03-02-2021 03:31 PM

There is also something else annoyingly 'new.'

It seems after I do one of my saved searches with "Time: newest listed" to see the stuff I haven't viewed yet, if I dare continue the search by, say, changing 1972 to 1973, that 'new' search now defaults to the ridiculous "Best Match." It's obviously not that big a deal, but why frickin' change it, ebay?? So you can shove the stupid, most expensive options down my throat??????!!!!! Those aren't the best matches for anything I'm searching for. I want "newest listed"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

Popcorn 03-02-2021 04:18 PM

It’s a bummer. I remember maxing out 3-4 accounts with all the promotions they use to have. It was a nice chunk of change every three month. They went from 2% to 1% and eliminated almost all the 8-10% buck days.

When getting a 8-10% eBay bucks email I would go crazy with auctions just because of it.

Be frugal gives 2% a lot and it works / definitely worth checking out.

prestigecollectibles 03-02-2021 05:33 PM

Save 5%

If you have a Target Red credit card you can buy eBay gift cards in store or Email Delivery cards online and save 5%. There are some limits on how many you can use per transaction or quarter.

Fballguy 03-03-2021 06:09 AM

And just like that....5% eBay bucks effective today. Enjoy it while you can.

ASF123 03-03-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2075358)
Another big FU to us all. Part of the process involved in deciding whether or not to buy a card with the prices escalating daily was, "Hell, at least I'll get some ebay bucks out of the deal." And POOF!!! away it goes...

Corporate America motto: "More for us, less for you."

brianp-beme 03-03-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2076117)
And just like that....5% eBay bucks effective today. Enjoy it while you can.

My prediction is that these offers will come more frequently now, in an effort to spur sales more than just a flat 1% rate across the board would.

Brian