Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Searching for Ungraded Cards on Ebay - Is There a Way... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207210)

Gr8Beldini 06-11-2015 09:24 AM

Searching for Ungraded Cards on Ebay - Is There a Way...

Whenever I'm trying to find a decent ungraded card on Ebay, it seems like 1/3 to 1/2 of the cards to choose from are overpriced Dean's Cards crap. What should be a somewhat easy process becomes tedious because of all the garbage I have to sift through and then ignore. It used to be easy; when his name was in the listing, all I had to do was type in "-(Dean's)." But someone on this board let that secret out a few months back and apparently Dean saw it. He has since stopped putting his name in his listings.

My question: I know I can block customers. Is there some kind of setting that will let me block sellers so as to make looking for what I want easier? Thank you in advance for your input... JB

bn2cardz 06-11-2015 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After the search you can go to More refinements on the left side of the screen.

Go to Seller

Select "Only show items from:
Check "Specific Sellers" and chose "Exclude" and type the sellers name

I don't see a way to save the filter on each search so you can select the part in the web address after the last search word (typically &_sacat=0) and replace with:

&rt=nc&_fss=1&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=2&_sasl= deans_cards

If the screen capture below is too small and you need it I can email it to you.

Beatles Guy 06-11-2015 10:33 AM

Thanks for this :)

JollyElm 06-11-2015 03:14 PM

Dean is the biggest scourge (read that as douchebag) this hobby has ever seen. And, yes, the pathetic human being(s) at that company are reading these boards every day. That piece of herpes-infused dogshit is blocked from each and every one of my searches. Whenever he finds a new way to weasle his way back into my searches, I find a new way to block him once again. What an absolute fucking tool!!!!!!!

It's funny how he's now stopped adding his fun little "actual image" graphic to each auction picture. His obvious motivation in eliminating it was to deter us from knowing instantly it's his BS being peddled within…but all anyone has to do is look at the ridiculously out of this world fucking price of the card and you know you're in Dean's little fantasy fucking world. What a laughable douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gr8Beldini 06-11-2015 03:27 PM

I didn't realize he eliminated "Actual Image." It made the hassle of sifting through all of his nonsense a little easier. Guess not so much anymore.

JollyElm 06-11-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Beldini (Post 1420355)
I didn't realize he eliminated "Actual Image." It made the hassle of sifting through all of his nonsense a little easier. Guess not so much anymore.

And today he'll read these posts and say to himself, "Good, my scumbag efforts to hide my identity from ebayers has worked. Woo hoo!! Oh, wait...they'll find other ways to eliminate me from their searches, so I better get back to my douchebag drawing board."

1963Topps Set 06-11-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1420350)
Dean is the biggest scourge (read that as douchebag) this hobby has ever seen. And, yes, the pathetic human being(s) at that company are reading these boards every day. That piece of herpes-infused dogshit is blocked from each and every one of my searches. Whenever he finds a new way to weasle his way back into my searches, I find a new way to block him once again. What an absolute fucking tool!!!!!!!

It's funny how he's now stopped adding his fun little "actual image" graphic to each auction picture. His obvious motivation in eliminating it was to deter us from knowing instantly it's his BS being peddled within…but all anyone has to do is look at the ridiculously out of this world fucking price of the card and you know you're in Dean's little fantasy fucking world. What a laughable douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't hold back, let it out!

Econteachert205 06-11-2015 05:12 PM

Lol I needed a good laugh

pokerplyr80 06-11-2015 07:34 PM

Sounds like Dean is even less popular than pwcc or battlefield around here. I can't say I've ever dealt with him but his cards to seem priced on the high side.

JollyElm 06-11-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1420438)
Sounds like Dean is even less popular than pwcc or battlefield around here. I can't say I've ever dealt with him but his cards to seem priced on the high side.

To only say this douchebag's cards "seem priced on the high side" is like saying Al Sharpton seems to be a little bit of a race baiter. An honest statement would be something like, "Dean's cards are through the roof, obnoxiously, laughably priced and he/they don't even remotely live in the same reality as the rest of us."

KingFisk 06-11-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1420444)
To only say this douchebag's cards "seem priced on the high side" is like saying Al Sharpton seems to be a little bit of a race baiter. An honest statement would be something like, "Dean's card are through the roof, obnoxiously, laughably priced and he/they don't even remotely live in the same reality as the rest of us."

Does he stay in business simply by selling to the uninformed? I would think market forces would bring most prices back to a reasonable place, but that doesn't seem to be the case. With him or a few other sellers I have observed.

David W 06-12-2015 05:30 PM

Battersbox is just about as bad as Dean's. Plus battersbox will list dozens of the same card, all ending at the same time, which just really clutters up searches.