Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   '93 Jeter Gold Holo? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=304541)

Ironheart 07-03-2021 03:32 PM

'93 Jeter Gold Holo?

3 Attachment(s)
Found a listing for a graded '93 Jeter for sale. The PSA label does not specify if it is a gold label. Just wondering if PSA does miss major/minor details on a card like this.

I got the seller to send me a few more additional pictures of it, to either confirm or deny the possibility of it being one.

Original images look spot on, however the additional pictures do put it in question.

Any thoughts would be cool.
Thanks

swarmee 07-03-2021 04:14 PM

Yes, PSA misses shit like this all the time. Search for "psa mechanical error" on Google and you'll get a ton of examples. Psa also sometimes grades counterfeits or obvious reprints as originals. So missing an attribution like this is pretty commonplace.
It's also possible that they added the variation later than the slab you're showing, since you cut off the label intentionally in your image.

Ironheart 07-03-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2119651)
Yes, PSA misses shit like this all the time. Search for "psa mechanical error" on Google and you'll get a ton of examples. Psa also sometimes grades counterfeits or obvious reprints as originals. So missing an attribution like this is pretty commonplace.
It's also possible that they added the variation later than the slab you're showing, since you cut off the label intentionally in your image.

The 1st image shown is the one in the FS/FT listing.
The 2nd image is the secondary imagine I requested.

Both pictures have the same PSA numbers. I did a search on it on PSAs website and no mention of the gold holo.
The 3rd is just an image of the front, no concerns on it at all.

The 2nd image does show it more like the normal silver holo, but the 1st is in my opinion unmistakably gold.

But always looking for a 2nd opinion before pulling the trigger. The lighting is definitely different in both pictures

robsbessette 07-05-2021 11:24 AM

I know this card very well and I'd say it's a silver. I have both versions and it's pretty obvious in hand. Sometimes requesting a video might help. Or holding it up against a regular one that you know is silver.

I'll see if I can get a pick of mine together for you.

jacksoncoupage 07-05-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robsbessette (Post 2120227)
I know this card very well and I'd say it's a silver. I have both versions and it's pretty obvious in hand. Sometimes requesting a video might help. Or holding it up against a regular one that you know is silver.

I'll see if I can get a pick of mine together for you.

Came here to say this. 100% a silver/standard version.

chislands18 09-03-2021 08:22 AM

Definitely Silver

Yes, that's a silver. I have both in a PSA 10 and the gold stands out pretty well. I have heard of PSA missing the gold hologram on back and slabbing as a standard card. Never found one myself online.

MrPosadas 09-05-2021 12:16 PM

I have a Robison Cano base Topps rookie card with a PSA label that indicates it’s actually from the Topps Chrome set. That’s a pretty big miss and I’m sure it happens more frequently than you’d think.