Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I found an old box of cards . I need help! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297621)

AnnieT 02-27-2021 02:54 PM

I found an old box of cards . I need help!

I put a box of unopened cards in my garage over thirty years ago. I have opened them up. (That was a debate). I have a few cards with small errors on them and have no idea how to find information. Are the card airbrushed? I have a card where the pinstripe of the Jersey is in the star of the all star. There are so many cards and I don’t know what to do with them. I’m trying to clear my garage. I appreciate and thankful for any suggestion or help.

Scott Garner 02-27-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieT (Post 2074271)
I put a box of unopened cards in my garage over thirty years ago. I have opened them up. (That was a debate). I have a few cards with small errors on them and have no idea how to find information. Are the card airbrushed? I have a card where the pinstripe of the Jersey is in the star of the all star. There are so many cards and I don’t know what to do with them. I’m trying to clear my garage. I appreciate and thankful for any suggestion or help.

Annie,
Start by posing a few pictures of what you have, so that gives us a starting point.

Fballguy 02-27-2021 03:36 PM

The dreaded "30 years ago" timeframe. I wonder how many thousands of people did the exact same thing 30 years ago.

jcmtiger 02-27-2021 09:56 PM

Like to see pictures.

swarmee 02-28-2021 03:55 AM

Either post pictures or explain what the box said on it. What a lot of people think are "Errors" are just print variations or defects. If they are from 1990 Donruss, they're not worth much. If they're from 1952 Topps, you'd have something more interesting.
Also, you posted this is the Memorabilia forum instead of the post-war baseball cards forum, so it might get moved to the correct place so more people who would care about your items can answer.

Leon 02-28-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2074481)
Either post pictures or explain what the box said on it. What a lot of people think are "Errors" are just print variations or defects. If they are from 1990 Donruss, they're not worth much. If they're from 1952 Topps, you'd have something more interesting.
Also, you posted this is the Memorabilia forum instead of the post-war baseball cards forum, so it might get moved to the correct place so more people who would care about your items can answer.

Good suggestion. And decided this should go in the correct post war spot....

Good luck, AnnieT

MooseDog 02-28-2021 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=AnnieT;2074271 Are the card airbrushed? I have a card where the pinstripe of the Jersey is in the star of the all star.[/QUOTE]

Yes, pictures please. That will get you much help. FYI Topps cards from the 1960s and 1970s do have a lot of airbrush jobs in the photos. They are not errors, usually just touched up photos of pictures of players when they were on other teams than the year of the card issue.