Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Now here's a new bit of Ebay weirdness (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=142529)

steve B 10-12-2011 12:47 PM

Now here's a new bit of Ebay weirdness

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-T206-Jo...item35b5eff2ed

Looks totally normal till you click on the pics in the description figuring on seeing bigger scans.

Safe for work, I won't spoil the surprise.

Pretty odd, I've never seen anything like it.

Steve B

D. Bergin 10-12-2011 01:02 PM

Weird yea. Probably using them as a web host for pictures............If I got the same thing you got. :confused:

Seller probably has no idea that's an issue.

Leon 10-12-2011 01:19 PM

yeap

Never seen that before....

David W 10-12-2011 01:34 PM

New revenue generator?????

Jaybird 10-12-2011 03:24 PM

How about this...

Is it just me or can you not even see a bigger image on a closed ebay listing. Used to be that you could pull up an old listing and then enlarge the image, just like it was when it was a live listing. Now, you can't enlarge the thumbnail once the listing is closed.

So, what if I'm a buyer and I get an item in the mail that is creased or some other way different from the image in the description. Now I can't even compare the image in the description to the item I just received. Oy.

I know they are selling all of the ebay history through other markets and now they are taking it one step further where you can't even see a recently closed listing as it was just moments before. All you see is the first image in thumbnail form. Not even any additional images added. Bogus!

steve B 10-12-2011 03:41 PM

Yes, and even while current "enlarge" often gets you an image smaller than the thumbnail. I've taken to saving the pictures and often the entire auction page until the stuff arrives.

I'm wondering how I can get my cable company or someone to pay me for hidden ads ?

Steve B

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybird (Post 931227)
Is it just me or can you not even see a bigger image on a closed ebay listing. Used to be that you could pull up an old listing and then enlarge the image, just like it was when it was a live listing. Now, you can't enlarge the thumbnail once the listing is closed.

So, what if I'm a buyer and I get an item in the mail that is creased or some other way different from the image in the description. Now I can't even compare the image in the description to the item I just received. Oy.

I know they are selling all of the ebay history through other markets and now they are taking it one step further where you can't even see a recently closed listing as it was just moments before. All you see is the first image in thumbnail form. Not even any additional images added. Bogus!

2dueces 10-13-2011 07:02 AM

Fixed?

Must have fixed it or been a glitch. I clicked on the image and all it shows is the card. Was hoping for a Victoria Secret model. But I hope for her everyday. She still hasn't knocked on my door. Here's hoping though. :)

Leon 10-13-2011 07:05 AM

still there

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 931350)
Must have fixed it or been a glitch. I clicked on the image and all it shows is the card. Was hoping for a Victoria Secret model. But I hope for her everyday. She still hasn't knocked on my door. Here's hoping though. :)

It's still there. You have to click on one of the bottom scans. But unfortunately no swimsuit model or girl in underwear will pop up. :(

sportscardpete 10-13-2011 09:45 AM

free espn3?! sign me up.

Runscott 10-13-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybird (Post 931227)

This is really strange. As the winner, you used to be able to sign in and click on a 'print' link, letting you save the description and all pictures as a pdf file. Now that option no longer exists.

Anyone able to still get the 'print' option?

martyp 10-13-2011 10:56 AM

They have the same thing in all of there listings.

Fred 10-13-2011 05:00 PM

I won a card on fleabay on Monday and I was going to save the image of the card but it was no longer available in the size shown in the item description. That is really shortsighted on fleabays part. They just seem to figure out how to screw things up worse and worse....

dbrown 10-13-2011 06:18 PM

And now completed listings' pictures are back (!). Is that everyone's experience? I wrote a nasty note to ebay's director of user experience, so I'm going to assume that I made this happen.

It would have been a terrible blow -- completed listings are the best part of ebay!