Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anyone invested in MUDS (Soon to be TOPP for Topps Baseball)? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=305757)

npa589 07-30-2021 09:16 AM

Anyone invested in MUDS (Soon to be TOPP for Topps Baseball)?

Just was curious if anyone else is invested in MUDS, which will change to TOPP soon, as Topps Co. will be publicly traded again.

swarmee 07-30-2021 10:26 AM

I have 5 shares in my Robinhood account bought at $12/ea.

NiceDocter 07-30-2021 02:03 PM

My Name Is Mudd

Im in.... waiting for the TOPP change to happen. I think with Eisner involved and their ability to leverage the e cards this will be a winner. However, Im not sure that the current pace of new card sales will be up from what is now a banner year. We will see....... RR

rgpete 07-31-2021 02:47 PM

I did the same thing bought 200 shares of Empower Limited which now is Holley They are a Special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) which Mud is

Bored5000 08-01-2021 07:30 PM

I have 300 warrants of MUDS that I bought on the first day the merger with Topps was announced. Being a lifelong auto racing fan, I also have 200 Empower/HLLY warrants.

The warrants are the way to play SPACs, IMO, The ones that are successful can really be home runs with the warrants. Utz snacks has been very good to me, although it has retreated a bit from a high of $30 a share.

packs 08-02-2021 08:48 AM

Do people usually buy that many warrants? Why not options if buying 300?

NiceDocter 08-02-2021 09:13 AM

Warrants

Warrants are essentially a long call with lower commission and spreads. I have both the stock and warrants.

packs 08-02-2021 10:00 AM

I know warrants can come in handy I just didn't think people typically bought that many of them. I thought bulk buying was in options but I'm still a novice.

Bored5000 08-02-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 2129375)
Do people usually buy that many warrants? Why not options if buying 300?

I have never done anything with options, but I don't think it is unusual to buy hundreds or even thousands of warrants. It seems like a bunch of other people do the same thing from I read on the different boards pertaining to the SPACS I have.

A big advantage of holding warrants over options is that the stock has to trade above $18 a share for 20 out of 30 days before the warrants are callable. The warrants don't expire for five years if they are not called (they can still be sold by the owner at any point in that five year period if so desired).

packs 08-02-2021 01:28 PM

Pretty cool. I opened an IRA finally four or five years ago and have been slowly learning the market ever since. Haven't dabbled in warrants or options as of yet.

Bored5000 08-02-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 2129482)
Pretty cool. I opened an IRA finally four or five years ago and have been slowly learning the market ever since. Haven't dabbled in warrants or options as of yet.

I have most of my Roth IRA money in a Vanguard life strategy index fund, but I like messing around a little bit with individual stocks as well. It took me a while to learn the ins and out of SPACs, but I kept reading about the advantages of buying the warrants. I don't put money into any sketchy EV companies that don't even have a product LOL, but real companies that are actually profitable can be great with a relatively small investment.

I screwed up at first when I started buying some SPACs. Utz Snacks is a local company to me, so I knew I wanted to get into their shares as soon as I saw they were going public. It has been good to me, but it would have been even better if I would have bought warrants instead of the stock initially. At first, I didn't realize that the stock and the warrants were two different things.

I initially wrongly thought that buying the stock would also entitle me to a warrant that would allow me to buy future shares at $11.50 a share. I would have had to buy the warrants for that. I only made that mistake once. LOL That is one of the huge advantages of holding warrants. -- the right to buy future shares at $11.50 each if so desired-- no matter what the share is actually trading at on the open market.

rgpete 08-02-2021 05:26 PM

My IRA consists of Stocks, ETF,S ,Mutual Funds and a Annuity FaceBook and Microsoft are my two anchors, got them on the ground floor and are long term holds