Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Montreal Canadiens Fans & Vintage Hockey Collectors - Help Pls! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=262712)

baseball tourist 11-28-2018 09:28 PM

Montreal Canadiens Fans & Vintage Hockey Collectors - Help Pls!

1 Attachment(s)
A friend in Toronto purchased this vintage Habs jacket today. I don’t have a photo of the tagging but I believe this could be a 1950’s team jacket. Anyone seen this style before. Several on Classic Auction’s site but none quite like this.

Thanks for the help!

Duluth Eskimo 11-29-2018 10:29 AM

I think it’s a cool looking jacket, but it doesn’t appear to have much wear. I would be surprised if this was older than about 20 years. Most of the 40’s - 50’s era jackets have significant wear. There was a series of these made that were pretty expensive that looked a lot like this.

baseball tourist 11-29-2018 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1831215)
I think it’s a cool looking jacket, but it doesn’t appear to have much wear. I would be surprised if this was older than about 20 years. Most of the 40’s - 50’s era jackets have significant wear. There was a series of these made that were pretty expensive that looked a lot like this.

Thanks! Could be right. Just obtained a photo of the collar tagging. Will get more.

Duluth Eskimo 11-29-2018 11:15 AM

I’m not familiar with that tag so I guess it could be good. Better photos of the exterior and interior lining of the jacket would probably show more. Like I said, it’s a nice jacket either way.

baseball tourist 11-29-2018 11:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Additional photos. Thx!

Duluth Eskimo 11-29-2018 05:22 PM

Still hard to tell, but everything looks brand new to me. This looks like the jackets they made to mimic he vintage team jackets. Sorry I am not of more help. Just muddied the waters.

baseball tourist 11-29-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1831433)
Still hard to tell, but everything looks brand new to me. This looks like the jackets they made to mimic he vintage team jackets. Sorry I am not of more help. Just muddied the waters.

No, no problem. I appreciate the comments. The new owner, my buddy, says it def has some vintage to it (he feels that it’s 1950’s) and that he purchased from a fomer assistant curator at the HHOF (along with some other cool stuff) had the jacket in a suit bag in his closet for 30+Years. No way to confirm this of course.....but he believes the fellow. He said the seller told him that it showed up at the HHOF years ago (perhaps as a donation without details or provenance...he can’t recall) and he eventually was allowed to take it as it didn’t land in the collection!

Duluth Eskimo 11-29-2018 05:46 PM

Generally the newer ones have that cropped bottom. This one has the straight hanging style which was common back in the day, but hard to find nowadays. He older jackets also had more of a higher end lining which this one seems to have as well. It just looks so new or unused. Hope it works out for you. I love that style