Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REA question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=289557)

conor912 09-25-2020 01:14 PM

REA question

I could have sworn I used a "make an offer to the winner" function on their site in the last year or so. Am I crazy or did they have it and then take it down?

atx840 09-25-2020 01:53 PM

I dont recall seeing it @ REA, HA has a similar service.

gonzo 09-25-2020 01:58 PM

I remember seeing this on REA, I think last year, but I don’t see it anymore.

kmac32 09-25-2020 02:24 PM

You can always send an email with an offer. I have done this with Heritage and do recall seeing it on REA. Depends on if the original buyer opted into this potential option with the auction hous.

Jason19th 09-25-2020 02:28 PM

It was there about 2 years ago. Made one offer never heard anything and there was no way to check status

x2drich2000 09-25-2020 02:43 PM

They did have it, but I think it might have just been an email form. I also made one offer on part of a lot but the winner of the lot never responded.

perezfan 09-25-2020 03:49 PM

Same here... never got a response either way.

spacktrack 09-25-2020 04:51 PM

We had the feature and removed it during the most recent revamp of the website. We found that the system was inundated with thousands of offers to purchase cards at 50% more than they sold for originally but 20% of what they’d sell for today, offers on cards sold so long ago that they’d traded hands multiple times since then, or offers on more recently sold items that didn’t really incentivize the buyers to sell. While we passed along the offers, the response rates varied, and it became a lot to manage. We did facilitate many sales through the feature, including some significant items, but until we could build a better mousetrap, we opted to hide it. We still get emails daily through the website, and we’re happy to pass them along to the buyer where it makes sense.

Brian

conor912 09-25-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacktrack (Post 2020664)
We had the feature and removed it during the most recent revamp of the website. We found that the system was inundated with thousands of offers to purchase cards at 50% more than they sold for originally but 20% of what they’d sell for today, offers on cards sold so long ago that they’d traded hands multiple times since then, or offers on more recently sold items that didn’t really incentivize the buyers to sell. While we passed along the offers, the response rates varied, and it became a lot to manage. We did facilitate many sales through the feature, including some significant items, but until we could build a better mousetrap, we opted to hide it. We still get emails daily through the website, and we’re happy to pass them along to the buyer where it makes sense.

Brian

Thanks, Brian. At least I'm not crazy :)

Maybe you could have the minimum offer be 50% above the sale price and you do it for just the last, say 3 auctions? Or the last 2 years or something....that would help alleviate some of the time passage issues you mention. Just a thought.