Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Taking my wife to a Packers game! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=309415)

philliesfan 10-21-2021 08:35 PM

Taking my wife to a Packers game!

Well I am finally taking my wife to a Green Bay Packers game at Lambeau field. She has been a Packers fan all her life but has no connections to Green Bay. I promised her I would take her to a Packers game when she retires. She will officially retire in March and because of the Aaron Rogers situation, I decided to take her and my son this year in case her favorite player, Aaron Rogers decides to leave Green Bay. We hope NOT!! Luckily my son's classes at Temple University are online so he will not miss any classes.

We made the 14 hour trip from Philadelphia and arrived Wednesday. On Friday we are taking the Stadium tour and the visit to the Packers Hall Of Fame. It's a very nice area here. We really hope all goes well Sunday against the Washington REDSKINS with a Packers victory.

Unfortunately, we are leaving immediately after the game and I am dreading the drive home. We will probably stay in the Cleveland area overnight. To see my wife this happy makes the long long drive worth it.

Bob

Mark17 10-21-2021 10:21 PM

What you should do is, very dramatically, get down on one knee and give her..... a foam cheese head for the game.

butchie_t 10-22-2021 06:56 AM

Congrats and have fun!

The only way the redskins win though is if the entire Green Bay team does not show up.

Signed, a sad, frustrated redskins fan.

bnorth 10-22-2021 07:04 AM

That is awesome, hope you all have a great time.:)

philliesfan 10-22-2021 09:43 AM

Thanks everyone. We are taking the stadium and Hall Of Fame tour in a few hours. I will see if I can post some pictures.
Bob

buymycards 10-23-2021 07:49 AM

Packers

If you are driving to Lambeau and parking near Lambeau, expect major gridlock on your way out. There will be 1000's of vehicles leaving at once, and most of them will be heading south on I43. It will take you a loooong time to escape the bedlam and get up to a normal driving speed.

I always plan on staying in my hotel on the night after the game and head home the next day. Most of the hotels have shuttles to and from the game, which saves me a lot of stress and frustration.

You should have beautiful weather on Sunday, but even so, it will be chilly, so wear an extra layer, especially if there is a little wind. Unless, you are planning on not wearing a shirt and painting a Packers logo on your chest!

Enjoy! Rick

frankbmd 10-23-2021 09:26 AM

I have a close friend who has been married for more than 60 years. When asked about the secret of his long marriage, he would reply

"I took my wife to Hawaii for our 30th wedding anniversary.....................and in thirty years I returned to pick her up."

Green Bay is a lovely town and the Lambeau experience is second to none. If you need help with the drive home, let me know.:D

philliesfan 10-23-2021 12:44 PM

Thanks for the info. Yup, I43 is the route to go back to Philly. Will probably stop overnight around Cleveland.

frankbmd - [I]If you need help with the drive home, let me know./I]
Are you offering to drive us home? OK Deal. That drive to Green Bay was exhausting.

frankbmd 10-23-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2156615)
Thanks for the info. Yup, I43 is the route to go back to Philly. Will probably stop overnight around Cleveland.

frankbmd - [I]If you need help with the drive home, let me know./I]
Are you offering to drive us home? OK Deal. That drive to Green Bay was exhausting.

Only if your wife decides to stay in Green Bay. LMK:D

philliesfan 10-23-2021 06:01 PM

OK DEAL!!!! She wants to stay!

clydepepper 10-23-2021 09:59 PM

How did you get tickets?

I thought they were sold out for years upon years and none of the season-ticket holders were sharing.

w7imel 10-27-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 2156742)
How did you get tickets?

I thought they were sold out for years upon years and none of the season-ticket holders were sharing.

You can still get single game tickets from ticketmaster

drcy 10-29-2021 01:03 AM

I had a girlfriend from Green Bay. For a Midwestern mid-size factory town, it's actually a pretty nice city.