Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hijack me (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=321095)

frankbmd 06-16-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2234493)
Here is a picture of by far the greatest athlete of all time,Žydrūnas Savickas. He is Jordan. Ruth, Pele, and any other greats rolled into one.

The picture is him pressing the Austrian Oak over his head at the Arnold Classic. He did 4 repetitions when not a single other of the best strongmen on the planet could even do it once.

He is now 46 and semi retired but will be at the Shaw Classic in a couple months. I will also be there screaming like a little kid for one of my idols.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2234497)
Mustard is a superior condiment to mayonnaise. #Mustard2024

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carter08 (Post 2234624)
Your car warranty is about to expire

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2234631)
Has anyone else ever noticed the creased cards are cheaper, or am I a genius?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2234787)
There are three current MLB players named Luis Garcia. Name the one with highest career WAR.

Winner receives a fractional share of a Luis Garcia NFT, as soon as it passes TP authentication.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deertick (Post 2234813)
I am at the age now where my memory is getting shorter and my pees are getting longer.

I really did not expect this much diverse, useful information to surface in this thread.

I would therefore suggest a new category for Net54, -----------NFT--------

Never Focused Threads

When you hijack, anything goes

The world has gone mad today
And good's bad today
And black's white today
And day's night today
When most guys today
That women prize today
Are just silly gigolos
And though I'm not a great romancer
I know that I'm bound to answer
When you propose
Anything goes

commishbob 06-16-2022 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love being retired. Hardest choice I make all day is which beer to enjoy
[ATTACH]521386[/ATTACH

Leon 06-17-2022 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheap fun...

Mark17 06-17-2022 08:22 AM

Why are "raze" and "raise" pronounced the same?

I would think it could cause a serious snafu at construction sites, if the workers mis-heard:

"All right, fellows, let's get busy and raise this building!"

or

"All right fellows, let's raze this building!"

tiger8mush 06-17-2022 10:04 AM

90s computer games

if any of you played pc games in the 90s, here is a site that has some of the more popular ones. List of games in the tool bar on the right side of the screen. Click the game and then half way down you'll see "run in browser". Only bad thing is if you close the browser accidentally you have to start all over again haha.

https://www.freegameempire.com/

Railroad Tycoon Deluxe and Civilization were two of my favorites. Addicting!

G1911 06-17-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger8mush (Post 2235014)
if any of you played pc games in the 90s, here is a site that has some of the more popular ones. List of games in the tool bar on the right side of the screen. Click the game and then half way down you'll see "run in browser". Only bad thing is if you close the browser accidentally you have to start all over again haha.

I’ve spent a not insignificant amount of life playing Civilization. This is awesome

bnorth 06-17-2022 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Two of my favorites. My favorite pinky ring that I have had since the early 90s. Also my favorite Wade Boggs baseball bat. I got this from the estate of famous drag racer Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen.

edtiques 06-17-2022 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had dinner with Miss America Heather French back in 2000 when she had the title.
She didn't eat her peas.

irv 06-17-2022 12:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Love these pics. I mainly had cats growing up but we also had a couple dogs.
Regardless, I love animals and always will.

Casey2296 06-17-2022 03:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
1. I took a piss with Evel Kinevel at a bar in Montana.

2. I had a drinking contest with Don Larsen when I was 21 at a bar in California (he won).

3. I got hammered with Mickey Dolenz at a bar which I owned (I won).

4. I got pass out drunk with Blues great Jimmy Rogers in a Chicago hotel room. (for those into Blues pictured from left to right in the photo are James Cotton, Sonny Boy Williamson, Jimmy, Muddy Waters, and Otis Spann).

I can keep going but I think we've established a trend here...
_

earlywynnfan 06-17-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger8mush (Post 2235014)

No Toejam and Earl??
Wasting my time!

familytoad 06-17-2022 10:53 PM

Named What?

Utah Jazz is the dumbest sports nickname.
Los Angeles Lakers is close.
MiLB has the best names.

Commanders and Guardians aren’t great names.
The Savannah Bananas and Montgomery Biscuits are good names.

Cal McLish had a really long given name.
Ed Ott didn’t.

1960’s and 70’s hockey cards have players with great names.
Jocelyn Guevermont for example…

tiger8mush 06-18-2022 04:58 AM

I want my MTV

Deertick 06-18-2022 06:18 AM

Fact: The greatest alliteration of all time, Musical Lyric category:

"A little old lady got mutilated late last night"
- Warren Zevon

jingram058 06-18-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2235135)
1. I took a piss with Evel Kinevel at a bar in Montana.

2. I had a drinking contest with Don Larsen when I was 21 at a bar in California (he won).

3. I got hammered with Mickey Dolenz at a bar which I owned (I won).

4. I got pass out drunk with Blues great Jimmy Rogers in a Chicago hotel room. (for those into Blues pictured from left to right in the photo are James Cotton, Sonny Boy Williamson, Jimmy, Muddy Waters, and Otis Spann).

I can keep going but I think we've established a trend here...
_

I really did take a leak with Leonard Nimoy at James Doohan's final public appearance. This was a gala event at some hotel in Hollywood. Met and shook hands with all kinds of Star Trek people. Went to the boys room, and just behind me in comes Leonard Nimoy. I looked over at him, he looked at me and said, "Even Vulcans have to pee every now and then".

frankbmd 06-18-2022 07:50 AM

I was standing in line for ice cream at the Denver Airport when I got hit in the back of my head with a metal object, Hakeem Olajuwon's belt buckle.

todeen 06-18-2022 12:46 PM

I bank and insure with same company. I was already talking/texting with roadside assistance about a tow truck when I receive a call from bank that my account has fraudulent activity. I start getting texts about fraudulent activity. Bank rep needs to confirm my identity and sends me a text and asks me to read the text confirming my identity, which I do; I don't give any other personal information except for reading the text. Supposedly a wire transfer is being stopped. Bank hangs up. An hour later I get a text that the wire transfer was completed. At that point I realized it was fraud. I call bank and they confirm previous rep was not from their company. 9 days later I finally got my money back.

Thief already had my log-in ID, password, address, and other personal information. It was super smooth. And since I was already talking about the tow truck I just immediately let down my guard. I figure they got all my info from another company that was hacked which I use and do automatic payments with. They only needed the second step ID to enter my account.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

commishbob 06-18-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2235320)
I was standing in line for ice cream at the Denver Airport when I got hit in the back of my head with a metal object, Hakeem Olajuwon's belt buckle.

When I was working for Houston's Athletic Department he'd call me late at night to see if I'd go get him some fried chicken at a popular chicken joint down the street from campus.

He liked to crash intramural and recreation soccer games on campus. His had the ability to kick a soccer ball harder than anyone I've ever seen.

G1911 06-18-2022 02:12 PM

Boba Fett was a dude in knock off stormtrooper armor who died when a blind guy bumped him and he was too stupid to use his jet pack to fly away from the Sarlaac. Bossk was a cool space lizard. Why is Boba the famous one and not Bossk?

jingram058 06-18-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2235409)
Boba Fett was a dude in knock off stormtrooper armor who died when a blind guy bumped him and he was too stupid to use his jet pack to fly away from the Sarlaac. Bossk was a cool space lizard. Why is Boba the famous one and not Bossk?

Now that is a darned good question.

Deertick 06-18-2022 03:49 PM

Can we please keep the posts on topic? It is rude to those of us who enjoy non-cohesive ramblings.

I've never believed Leon's far-fetched origin story of Net54.

G1911 06-18-2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2235416)
Now that is a darned good question.

I can see you are a man of culture, sir.

clydepepper 06-18-2022 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hijack Man Here.

I was just rifling thru these posts and have decided to say 'UNCLE'

That's U.N.C.L.E.

(and, Yes, the blonde is the guy from N.C.I.S.)

Attachment 521716

jingram058 06-19-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 2235524)
Hijack Man Here.

I was just rifling thru these posts and have decided to say 'UNCLE'

That's U.N.C.L.E.

(and, Yes, the blonde is the guy from N.C.I.S.)

Attachment 521716

My God! I haven't thought of this show in decades. Those are some the coolest looking guns ever made.

SAllen2556 06-19-2022 07:02 PM

Best Groucho Marx quotes:

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

A man is only as old as the woman he feels.

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.

clydepepper 06-19-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAllen2556 (Post 2235694)

The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got there, I'll never know.

Mark17 06-19-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAllen2556 (Post 2235694)

At the Circus, Groucho as Loophole:

Whitcomb : Pardon me, Madame, but here are the seating arrangements for your final approval.

Mrs. Suzanna Dukesbury : Oh, no, Whitcomb. Judge Chinner will sit on my left hand and you

[turning to look at Loophole]

Mrs. Suzanna Dukesbury : will sit on my right hand.

J. Cheever Loophole : How will you eat? Through a tube?

Leon 06-20-2022 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deertick (Post 2235441)
Can we please keep the posts on topic? It is rude to those of us who enjoy non-cohesive ramblings.

If there is a story please let me know!!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

frankbmd 06-20-2022 09:04 AM

Leon is demonstrating the three strike rule employed by the forum using three consecutive posts. In the case of Net54, the penalty is just a plain o’ jail. Don’t worry though, Leon knows where the back door is, and it’s not locked.:D

D. Bergin 06-20-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2235784)
Leon is demonstrating the three strike rule employed by the forum using three consecutive posts. In the case of Net54, it’s just a plain o’ jail. Don’t worry though, Leon knows where the back door is, and it’s not locked.:D

I think Leon should put himself in a corner for about 5 minutes, and think about what he just did.

Deertick 06-20-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2235758)

If there is anyone who can ruin a thread with great pictures, it's Leon!

Kaneen 06-24-2022 12:49 AM

For the last time...it only happened one time when I was in college. I wore a lab coat and carried a clipboard. I was clearly experimenting! Now can we please just move on?!

Deertick 06-30-2022 06:39 AM

I don't know who you are, but I am so sorry for your loss! Everyone in your family must be devastated. Can I ask if he refused life saving treatment? Why? What kind of loser does that? Was it something I said? My uncles wife went through the exact same thing that you did, except he didn't have a rare blood disease passed to him by a squirrel, he burned his face off lighting a barbeque with gasoline. Did he at least try a holistic doctor? I could recommend a few in case you seriously want to change your life! It's too late for him, but maybe if he listened to us he, we wouldn't be feeling so awful. So grateful, my new shipment of essential oils have come in so we can just put all of this behind us. Contact me if you need a little sumptin, or want to be part of my laddertosuccess organization.

RIP whoever it was.

mrreality68 06-30-2022 01:01 PM

How times have changed

my daughter scared us

She took a covid test and then told us it came back she is pregnant.

Cannot even keep track of a test since they look the same :)

Mark17 06-30-2022 04:08 PM

Tommy Kramer & me

1 Attachment(s)
Tommy Kramer autographed 25 Met Stadium seats for me today. I painted the wood purple and the standards and stands will be yellow.

For some reason I can't get the picture to upload properly.

bnorth 07-01-2022 01:12 PM

Ouija Boards are not harmless games

Ok, I will admit that I am probably a Sensitive going back to seeing an old woman hanging in my Grandma's bedroom when I was 10. Landlord confirmed that his Grandma committed suicide in that bedroom.

In my 20's friend and I were playing around with a Ouija asking who we were going to marry. Spirit said it was Chief something or other. My friend was of Native Ancestry and thrilled with that. It sent chills up my spine hearing that. She asked "Chief" to show itself. Oh, NO, please do not do that.

On her sofa a "Gumby like" shadow like figure appeared. CHIEF? Hell, no. I am OUTTA here. This figure not only stayed in her apartment, but followed her where ever she went. Why didn't it follow me?? I never invited it in and show itself.

Friend had to go to a Priest to get an Exorcism to get rid of it from herself and her apartment. Ouija is not a harmless game.

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum:o

Cliff Bowman 07-01-2022 04:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark17 (Post 2238761)
Tommy Kramer autographed 25 Met Stadium seats for me today. I painted the wood purple and the standards and stands will be yellow.

For some reason I can't get the picture to upload properly.

It's always a shock to me when I see a current picture of a player who was on cards that I collected as a kid, in my mind they are perpetually the young man in their prime as they are pictured on the card.

Casey2296 07-01-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2238967)
Ok, I will admit that I am probably a Sensitive going back to seeing an old woman hanging in my Grandma's bedroom when I was 10. Landlord confirmed that his Grandma committed suicide in that bedroom.

In my 20's friend and I were playing around with a Ouija asking who we were going to marry. Spirit said it was Chief something or other. My friend was of Native Ancestry and thrilled with that. It sent chills up my spine hearing that. She asked "Chief" to show itself. Oh, NO, please do not do that.

On her sofa a "Gumby like" shadow like figure appeared. CHIEF? Hell, no. I am OUTTA here. This figure not only stayed in her apartment, but followed her where ever she went. Why didn't it follow me?? I never invited it in and show itself.

Friend had to go to a Priest to get an Exorcism to get rid of it from herself and her apartment. Ouija is not a harmless game.

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum:o

100% agree Ben, why anybody would mess with that board is beyond me.

Mark17 07-01-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 2239003)
It's always a shock to me when I see a current picture of a player who was on cards that I collected as a kid, in my mind they are perpetually the young man in their prime as they are pictured on the card.

Well, the guy SAID he was Tommy Kramer. I ran into him at a thrift store and he looked familiar so I said," Are you Tommy Kramer? Would you sign 25 autographs for me for a few hundred dollars?"

And he smiled and said, "Sure."

bnorth 07-01-2022 08:17 PM

I happen to think it is genetic and runs in families. When I was 6 in 1954 and had Scarlet Fever, I dreamed about JFK motorcar ride, and I was screaming for my Mommy when bullets rang out. I can remember being a teen in the 60's living in NYC and dreaming being in a cemetery and watching big buildings crashing down around me. People running down streets and into the subway. 9/11 MANY years before it happened. Mine tend to be more prophetic.

However, when I went to a bank on 9/11 30 miles from Ground Zero, I did see a man outside leaning on a blue sports car, wearing a royal blue shirt rolled up to his elbows, black pants, and smoking with cigarettes on ground all around him. Afterwards, when I saw a picture of ATTA, it totally creeped me out. HE was the person I saw, and already dead.

You have one particular "gift" you will have others as well.

Cliff Bowman 07-01-2022 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2239057)
I happen to think it is genetic and runs in families. When I was 6 in 1954 and had Scarlet Fever, I dreamed about JFK motorcar ride, and I was screaming for my Mommy when bullets rang out. I can remember being a teen in the 60's living in NYC and dreaming being in a cemetery and watching big buildings crashing down around me. People running down streets and into the subway. 9/11 MANY years before it happened. Mine tend to be more prophetic.

However, when I went to a bank on 9/11 30 miles from Ground Zero, I did see a man outside leaning on a blue sports car, wearing a royal blue shirt rolled up to his elbows, black pants, and smoking with cigarettes on ground all around him. Afterwards, when I saw a picture of ATTA, it totally creeped me out. HE was the person I saw, and already dead.

You have one particular "gift" you will have others as well.

You win.

bnorth 07-01-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman (Post 2239065)
You win.

LOL, thanks. OK I do have some very weird hobbies. I don't believe in any of the stuff but I seriously enjoy reading posts in a paranormal/supernatural forum. The stuff those people post/actually believe in is so beyond silly it makes me laugh my ass off. The last 2 of my posts in this thread are real copy/paste of posts people on there made. There is WAY crazier stuff.:D

Kaneen 07-01-2022 10:02 PM

"I once had sex with an older woman...nowadays they call women like that a cougar...I just called her Aunt Donna." - Larry the Cable Guy

Mark17 07-01-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2239057)
I happen to think it is genetic and runs in families. When I was 6 in 1954 and had Scarlet Fever, I dreamed about JFK motorcar ride, and I was screaming for my Mommy when bullets rang out.

I actually had a related experience, but it was many years after the JFK assassination. It was around 2015 or so.

I was fast asleep and so were my collies, on the floor at the side and foot of my bed. In my dream, I was in Dallas, on the roof of a building, watching JFK's motorcade passing below me, slowing to make that sharp turn. To my right I saw the open window in the book depository. In a panic I tried to yell out but couldn't. I heard the crack of the first shot, but nothing happened. Then the second shot and I could see people in Kennedy's car reacting. And then helplessly, I watched the third shot take its effect and all hell broke loose. As I was watching all this unfold, suddenly there was a FOURTH shot!

It was loud, startling me awake. My dogs were suddenly awake too, ears perked straight up. There was almost an echo, with the sound still fresh in my ears.

And then I realized...... In my sleep, it was ME who had fired that fourth shot.

JollyElm 07-01-2022 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Holy freakin' heck!!

Look at the back of this leaders card...

Attachment 523507

The top four scorers (the only skaters with 100+ points - including Espo's then record 152) in the NHL in 1970-71 were all Boston Bruins. Plus, three more of the top eleven scorers that season were also Boston Bruins!!!! Seven out of eleven. That is just batsh*t crazy!!

Cliff Bowman 07-01-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2239076)
Holy freakin' heck!!

Look at the back of this leaders card...

Attachment 523507

The top four scorers (the only skaters with 100+ points - including Espo's then record 152) in the NHL in 1970-71 were all Boston Bruins. Plus, three more of the top eleven scorers that season were also Boston Bruins!!!! Seven out of eleven. That is just batsh*t crazy!!

Of course they lost in the first round of the Playoffs that year.

Deertick 07-02-2022 06:31 AM

Post #99:
  1. Number of barrels of beer on the wall, a record that will never be broken.
  2. Record number of luftballoons released at one time
  3. Number of corresponding sea turtle deaths in the weeks following the release of 99 luftballoons.

tiger8mush 07-02-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deertick (Post 2239110)
Post #99:
  1. Number of barrels of beer on the wall, a record that will never be broken.
  2. Record number of luftballoons released at one time
  3. Number of corresponding sea turtle deaths in the weeks following the release of 99 luftballoons.
  4. Number of problems Jay Z has

Added one