Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Ebay help! Card sold, shipped, unclaimed, back to me. Now buyer wants it sent again. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=290350)

luciobar1980 10-13-2020 02:47 PM

Ebay help! Card sold, shipped, unclaimed, back to me. Now buyer wants it sent again.

Hey guys, sold a fairly high value card ~$600 a few weeks ago. I sent it out no problem. A few weeks later the buyer wrote and said they had been out of town and that they were too late to pick up the card from the post office. A return was generated and the card is now back in my hands.

The buyer says he still wants the card and will pay to have it re-shipped. What would you do in this case? I don't know of a way for the buyer to pay me anything additional on the current order. In which case would I have to cancel the transaction and relist?? Ugh, annoying.

D. Bergin 10-13-2020 03:46 PM

You can just send a Paypal invoice directly to him for the difference in shipping. His e-mail address for Paypal should still be listed on the invoice sheet.

If you're worried about being screwed over for the drawn out transaction via feedback or odd tracking history, only thing to really do is cancel the transaction, refund him, relist, and do it all over again.

Whether you get your selling fees back at this point in the transaction or not..........that's a rabbit hole I'm not willing to go down at this point.

Jim65 10-14-2020 10:31 AM

I would just re-send, let him pay for the extra shipping.

jfkheat 10-14-2020 10:38 PM

I wonder if because the original shipping doesn't show the buyer receiving the card and you reship with a new tracking number, if they could file an item not received claim. Can you reship the card through eBay so the tracking number shows on the eBay transaction?

icurnmedic 10-14-2020 10:48 PM

Refund

I would cancel and refund. Too many scams out there and this could be one. You realist and let them BIN. Then ship through eBay. Mostly covers you at that point.

Jim65 10-15-2020 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 2025782)
I wonder if because the original shipping doesn't show the buyer receiving the card and you reship with a new tracking number, if they could file an item not received claim. Can you reship the card through eBay so the tracking number shows on the eBay transaction?

Yes, you can update the tracking number.

luciobar1980 10-15-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2025615)
I would just re-send, let him pay for the extra shipping.

That's the thing, there's no simple way for him to pay for the additional shipping, as far as I can tell.

luciobar1980 10-15-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icurnmedic (Post 2025784)
I would cancel and refund. Too many scams out there and this could be one. You realist and let them BIN. Then ship through eBay. Mostly covers you at that point.

I'm tempted to do this, but couldnt he leave me negative feedback? I honestly doubt he's trying to scam me, in this case. But geezus, who orders a $600 card and then goes out of town?

bnorth 10-15-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 2025864)
I'm tempted to do this, but couldnt he leave me negative feedback? I honestly doubt he's trying to scam me, in this case. But geezus, who orders a $600 card and then goes out of town?

I would also do the cancel and relist. Relist it at a crazy price with a OBO so the buyer can purchase it again with an offer.

I have bought many items in that range and higher when I knew I would be out of town. Luckily I have a great neighbor who will get my mail for me and store it till I get back.

Huysmans 10-15-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 2025864)

Most people don't revolve their lives around online purchases. If he already had plans for a trip, it should be cancelled because he just bought a baseball card??

D. Bergin 10-15-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huysmans (Post 2025873)
Most people don't revolve their lives around online purchases. If he already had plans for a trip, it should be cancelled because he just bought a baseball card??

Or he fills out a simple online form and has the Post Office hold his mail until he gets back in town.

Mark17 10-15-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 2025863)
That's the thing, there's no simple way for him to pay for the additional shipping, as far as I can tell.

message him your email address for a PayPal payment, or message him your address for him to mail a check. Include the cost of insurance in your requested amount, or send it registered, and then update the tracking number in ebay.

I've had the post office send stuff back. I was rather irritated about it but they said they put a slip in my mailbox saying I had a package waiting, and when I didn't pick it up after a week or so, they sent it back.

So it happens. Just CYA.

Huysmans 10-16-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2025976)
Or he fills out a simple online form and has the Post Office hold his mail until he gets back in town.

Good point. Keep in mind though that most people are not like those here on Net54. Most people live regular, normal lives where collecting is secondary; an afterthought. If I'm excited and focused on a planned trip, the last thing I'm thinking about is tying up any eBay loose ends that might end up being a problem... literally the last thing.