Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nadal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=269960)

Jim65 06-09-2019 11:13 AM

Nadal

Losing that 2nd set just pissed him off.

93-2 all time at the French Open and one of those losses was an injury retire.

Peter_Spaeth 06-09-2019 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1887065)
Losing that 2nd set just pissed him off.

93-2 all time at the French Open and one of those losses was an injury retire.

He's not too shabby on other surfaces either. We have certainly lived in a great era of tennis the past decade with 3 of the top players of all time.

Jim65 06-09-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1887071)
He's not too shabby on other surfaces either. We have certainly lived in a great era of tennis the past decade with 3 of the top players of all time.

Not too mention Serena too. IMO, best womens player of all time.

Peter_Spaeth 06-09-2019 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1887076)
Not too mention Serena too. IMO, best womens player of all time.

Hands down.

Marckus99 06-09-2019 12:31 PM

Spaniard. Hands down.

Snapolit1 06-11-2019 10:00 AM

Sure many will vehemently disagree, but the worst thing that has happened to tennis in recent times has been the fact that men's division has been ruled by so few players. Maybe fascinating to avid fans of those guys but not to casual fans, who are dying for underdog stories. Tennis is about as exciting as the Patriots being good is every year is to non Bostonians.

pokerplyr80 06-11-2019 05:40 PM

As a casual fan I disagree. I'd much rather watch a Federer vs Nadal final then some guy I've never heard of. Djokovic is fun to watch as well, and it's nice to root for Murray at Wimbledon. But I don't know much about the other guys.

Peter_Spaeth 06-11-2019 05:45 PM

I can't imagine anything better than having three all time greats in their primes simultaneously. Tennis sucked once the Connors-Borg-McEnroe era ended. Stefan Edberg vs. Ivan Lendl vs. Pat Cash or whoever, who cared? These are epic rivalries and confrontations. Steve you are a contrarian lol.

frankbmd 06-11-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1887897)
I can't imagine anything better than having three all time greats in their primes simultaneously. Tennis sucked once the Connors-Borg-McEnroe era ended. Stefan Edberg vs. Ivan Lendl vs. Pat Cash or whoever, who cared? These are epic rivalries and confrontations. Steve you are a contrarian lol.

Evert - Sampras - Navratolovehe

Seems to me like tennis elites in small numbers have always dominated the field.

The odds of an unseeded player working their way through 5 of the top 32 seeds has always been a long shot, a really long shot, like Curry shooting from Frisco and scoring in Oakland

To each his own, but the first seventeen rounds at Wimbledon hold little fascination for me. A good finale with a predictable pair can be entertaining though.

Has Rod Laver retired yet?:D