Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Josh Gibson Autographed Jersey Lee Trythall Coach's Corner (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150457)

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 07:07 AM

Josh Gibson Autographed Jersey Lee Trythall Coach's Corner

2 Attachment(s)
Coach's Corner Auctions, owned and managed by Scott Malack & Lee Trythall, get the prize for the Consignment Of The Year.

A Josh Gibson autographed jersey. And can we guess who authenticated it? Yes, Christopher Morales. The same Christopher Morales, Forensic Investigator, who is on Ebay's Banned COA List.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=319751

Attachment 62061

Attachment 62062

mighty bombjack 04-27-2012 07:22 AM

Wow, this one takes a lot of balls, but they got 'em over at coach's corner.

I looked through the current auction, and it seems to me that they aren't even trying that hard anymore. Some of the forgeries in the past have been decent, but all of the autos I saw in this auction were straight terrible.

Runscott 04-27-2012 08:37 AM

They also have a "way cool art chance is a real, hand painted Paciasso". Does calling it a 'Paciasso' make it okay?

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 09:22 AM

Coach's Corner Auction Walter Johnson Scott Malack

3 Attachment(s)
The ink is still wet on these.

Attachment 62065

Attachment 62066

Attachment 62067

RichardSimon 04-27-2012 09:35 AM

Holy sh--, those baseballs are unbelievable!
That Johnson is laughable to the extreme.
They have NO shame.
That does not look like the work of F, maybe a new consignor?

mschwade 04-27-2012 09:36 AM

Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987833)
Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?

Never.

RichardSimon 04-27-2012 10:43 AM

Chris just knows that if it smells like sh--, and looks like sh--, then it certainy is sh--.

J.McMurry 04-27-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Chris just knows that if it smells like sh--, and looks like shi-- , then it certainy is shi--.

Dont know about the smell, but it sure has the look.

mschwade 04-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 987853)
Never.

I didn't know if you got burnt by them or what your motivations were. You obviously have a disdain hate for Coach's Corner and it's almost got to the point that you're beating a dead horse.

I don't like that they sell forgeries as much as the next guy, but when you constantly post their stuff on this autograph forum, it has become depressing and takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby.

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 10:56 AM

Lou Gehrig Autographed Bat Lee Trythall Scott Malack

1 Attachment(s)
Read the item description on this one; it is very revealing.

Attachment 62078

David Atkatz 04-27-2012 12:09 PM

Basta! They're all forgeries on C's C. Just post the auction URL, and be done with it.

39special 04-27-2012 12:15 PM

Being new to the autograph world,I have a stupid question.
How do they get away with selling this crap?

RichardSimon 04-27-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39special (Post 987916)
Being new to the autograph world,I have a stupid question.
How do they get away with selling this crap?

That is definitely the $64,000 question.

rjackson44 04-27-2012 01:15 PM

how do they get away with this omg...

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987866)
I didn't know if you got burnt by them or what your motivations were. You obviously have a disdain hate for Coach's Corner and it's almost got to the point that you're beating a dead horse.

I don't like that they sell forgeries as much as the next guy, but when you constantly post their stuff on this autograph forum, it has become depressing and takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby.

Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.

That's why many of the members here wanted a separate autograph forum.

If this depresses you, then please don't read it. I would hate to contribute to your depression.

The main reason I do this, is because, I, too, love the hobby.

David Atkatz 04-27-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 987950)
Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.

LOL! Like they give a s#*t!

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987866)

And yes, I have deep disdain for people like Ted Taylor, Drew Max, Chris Morales, Lee Trythall, and Scott Malack. There are a few others, but I want this thread to stay on track (Coach's Corner Auctions).

Leon 04-27-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 987956)
LOL! Like they give a s#*t!

I think I misunderstood this comment., My apologies

mschwade 04-27-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 987950)
Then don't read it. This is what I do.

I believe your intentions to be good, but I think you might be doing more harm than good at this point.

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987965)
I believe your intentions to be good, but I think you might be doing more harm than good at this point.

Tell me, Matt, what further harm am I doing. Please explain.

bluebirds 04-27-2012 01:58 PM

Do Something Besides Complain!

I too, like just about everyone on this board, have no use for CC. I too am also tired of Mr. Williams depressing attacks. Every time he says something about CC he brings out some current or much older piece of garbage that they foisted on the public with their phony auctions.
Bitching is fine Mr. Williams but all it does is let off steam with no positive end result. Why don't you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE like start a class action lawsuit or contact government agencies in PA or the Feds and have them go after them? You'd find plenty of support on this board.
You seem obsessed with them so why not take real action and get rid of those parasites and make a real contribution instead of your serio-"comedic" attacks that have accomplished little if anything?

Martin Green

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 02:13 PM

Coach's Corner Auction Mickey Mantle Scott Malack

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of beauties.

Attachment 62099

Mr. Zipper 04-27-2012 02:20 PM

I consider Chris a friend. He has a huge heart and tremendous passion.

There is a method to the madness. Recent posts keep the usual suspects at the top of Google search results. There is always someone to whom this is new information. Just maybe, Chris is saving a new collector from making a mistake that would drive him or her from the hobby forever.

Plus, it lets the usual suspects know they are being watched and we won't just go away quietly.

If someone finds the drumbeat depressing, then just bypass the thread. It's clearly marked. The only thing I find depressing is that some of the usual suspects aren't in jail yet. ;)

mschwade 04-27-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 987971)
Tell me, Matt, what further harm am I doing. Please explain.

I've already stated it... "takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby"

I used to love this board and visited it multiple times a day until the feuding and constant Coaches Corner bashing flooded the board. When the autograph sub-forum was created, the mood changed and things seem to be a little more positive (momentarily). Frankly, I was hoping the Coaches Corner forgery posts had ended and apparently they haven't.

IMO, I feel like your posts only cast dark clouds above this hobby. That's where I think you're intentions are good, but doing more harm. Just my .02

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987989)
I've already stated it... "takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby"

I used to love this board and visited it multiple times a day until the feuding and constant Coaches Corner bashing flooded the board. When the autograph sub-forum was created, the mood changed and things seem to be a little more positive (momentarily). Frankly, I was hoping the Coaches Corner forgery posts had ended and apparently they haven't.

IMO, I feel like your posts only cast dark clouds above this hobby. That's where I think you're intentions are good, but doing more harm. Just my .02

Then don't read it, Matt. If the title of a new thread reads "Coach's Corner" then bypass it, Matt.

This thread contains the words "Coach's Corner." Why did you elect to read it?

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 987989)

Matt, there are two members (now it's three...not you, Matt) here on Net54 that I placed on my "Ignore" list. Their comments are no longer visible to me if they post a comment. Why don't you put me on your "Ignore" list. Problem solved.

thecatspajamas 04-27-2012 02:42 PM

Personally, I don't have a problem with 1 thread a month highlighting the newest and most ridiculous forgeries. I find it more entertaining than depressing since, as others point out so often, nobody on this board takes them seriously anyway.

Overlooking one thread a month is a small price to pay to keep these warnings active where potential bidders can stumble across them before getting burned. More newbies come online every day, and if their first lesson is something other than getting burned on a purchase straight out of the gate, maybe they will stick around long enough to become educated collectors.

If it were a separate thread for each item so that the board was flooded with anti-CC posts, I would feel differently. But that's not what's being done.

Mr. Zipper 04-27-2012 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Occasionally I am asked to render an opinion on items very similar to this. Typically the person bought it from some antique store or a "mall gallery" thinking it must be real because it's coming from a store in the mall and it has a official looking authentication letter.

It's never fun delivering the bad news. And the people who bought it from the "gallery" didn't get it at the absurdly low CC price... they paid thousands for an elaborately framed and matted fake.

David Atkatz 04-27-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirds (Post 987977)
I too, like just about everyone on this board, have no use for CC. I too am also tired of Mr. Williams depressing attacks. Every time he says something about CC he brings out some current or much older piece of garbage that they foisted on the public with their phony auctions.
Bitching is fine Mr. Williams but all it does is let off steam with no positive end result. Why don't you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE like start a class action lawsuit or contact government agencies in PA or the Feds and have them go after them? You'd find plenty of support on this board.
You seem obsessed with them so why not take real action and get rid of those parasites and make a real contribution instead of your serio-"comedic" attacks that have accomplished little if anything?

Martin Green

+1!

thetruthisoutthere 04-27-2012 03:23 PM

Neil Armstrong Lee Trythall Coach's Corner

2 Attachment(s)
Here's another beauty, Mr. Zipper. Not only is the sig horrific, but Lee Trythall also posted the photograph of the signature upside-down.

Attachment 62114

Attachment 62115

RichardSimon 04-27-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebirds (Post 987977)

Martin Green

Why are you assuming that he has not taken action?
And you get us a list of people who have bought CC stuff and want their money back and Chris and I will help start a class action lawsuit.
You cannot just file a class action lawsuit unless you have lost money. You need grounds to file a lawsuit.
And considering that much of what CC is now selling is being bought for resale, I would think it would be difficult to find people who want to sue them.
Martin - You got a list of those who have been burned by CC and want their money back? I would love to help initiate that lawsuit you talk about.

David Atkatz 04-27-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 988037)
Why are you assuming that he has not taken action?

Do you mean action other than offering up meaningless challenges on YouTube?

GrayGhost 04-27-2012 06:56 PM

To try and add some levity to this mess, that Armstrong capsule photo musta been signed when Neil was in space spinning around:p

thecatspajamas 04-27-2012 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 988077)
To try and add some levity to this mess, that Armstrong capsule photo musta been signed when Neil was in space spinning around:p

With a space pen!

mighty bombjack 04-27-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 987988)
I consider Chris a friend. He has a huge heart and tremendous passion.

There is a method to the madness. Recent posts keep the usual suspects at the top of Google search results. There is always someone to whom this is new information. Just maybe, Chris is saving a new collector from making a mistake that would drive him or her from the hobby forever.

Plus, it lets the usual suspects know they are being watched and we won't just go away quietly.

If someone finds the drumbeat depressing, then just bypass the thread. It's clearly marked. The only thing I find depressing is that some of the usual suspects aren't in jail yet. ;)

I agree with this line of thinking. If someone finds a rare auto at coach's corner and does a search, they NEED to find threads like this one that are complaining about the crap forgeries that are being sold there.

mschwade 04-27-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 988097)
I agree with this line of thinking. If someone finds a rare auto at coach's corner and does a search, they NEED to find threads like this one that are complaining about the crap forgeries that are being sold there.

People can start blogs to get the same results.

danc 04-27-2012 08:56 PM

I am for what TTIOT is doing and if you don't like the thread, avoid it. Nobody is forced to read anything on the board, and you don't have to comment on every thread. It seems like he's a lightning rod and just because a few people don't like his posts, there are others who enjoy what he has to say.

DanC

RichardSimon 04-27-2012 09:07 PM

Danny are you still promoting smoking for kids?
Shame on you :D.
+1 for danc's post

GKreindler 04-27-2012 10:10 PM

Danny had a very bad experience with Van Halen's 1984...

I got nothin'.

G

mr2686 04-27-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKreindler (Post 988127)
Danny had a very bad experience with Van Halen's 1984...

I got nothin'.

G

Was he Hot For Teacher down in Panama? :D

David Atkatz 04-27-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danc (Post 988107)
...there are others who enjoy what he has to say.

DanC

What does he have to say? "There are forgeries at Coach's Corner. Trythall and Morales are responsible for them."

It's been said. Over, and over, and over.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Time to move on.

Leon 04-27-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 988131)
What does he have to say? "There are forgeries at Coach's Corner. Trythall and Morales are responsible for them."

It's been said. Over, and over, and over.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Time to move on.

Maybe it's just time for you to move on from Chris's threads? I enjoy every one of them.

David Atkatz 04-27-2012 11:41 PM

Ya know, Leon, this autograph section was created because many memorabilia people didn't want to be bothered--even to the extent of deciding to ignore a thread--by stuff they had no interest in.

The same holds for many of us autograph collectors. We're not interested in the constant litany of "look at these Coach's Corner forgeries."

Perhaps a spinoff of a spinoff is in order?

drc 04-28-2012 12:33 AM

And let's name it Joanie Loves Chachi

GrayGhost 04-28-2012 04:53 AM

Well. I think its time to just put in my two cents. I really enjoy Chris' posts on the Roaches, and his education. It's really simple. Anyone who doesn't like them, don't read them. Like some of you say that his posts are just rehashes over and over again, so are your posts complaining about his posts. Thats all I mean..

Scott Roberts

thetruthisoutthere 04-28-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 988077)

That was a good one, Scott.

RichardSimon 04-28-2012 05:57 AM

Why do people read the threads that they don't like?
I will never understand it.
If you don't like what people say, put them on block.
Chris has done that, I have done that.
Simple solution.
The threads about the Roaches are informative for people who don't know about them and funny for those of us who do know about them. Where is the harm?
AND btw Lee - the work done on this auction is as bad as your guys have ever done. Something happen to F?

+1 Leon's post

thetruthisoutthere 04-28-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschwade (Post 988105)
People can start blogs to get the same results.

You still here, Matt. This is a Coach's Corner thread.

And, Matt, I do contribute to a few other blogs and I also write articles for another website.

Matt, there are thirty-eight threads under the Autograph Forum and only one of them is about Coach's Corner and the title contains the words "Coach's Corner" but you still elected to read it and then complain about it. Why?

mighty bombjack 04-28-2012 06:46 AM

The auction doesn't even show the jersey itself, or even describe it. Might that be important when considering this purchase?

Any estimates on the end price?