Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is SGC running behind? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220603)

kmac32 04-04-2016 02:19 PM

Is SGC running behind?

Sent a bulk order in to SGC with 56 cards for grading and per USPS delivered to mailbox at 2:42 pm on that day March 25th. Normally it takes a couple of days after receipt to have the cards listed on the site and then you wait for grading. As of today, no cards have been listed in the submission and I had called questioning this late last week and was told that they were behind. Has anyone had this delay since the move to Florida?

Ken

Jay Wolt 04-04-2016 02:22 PM

They ran a $5 grading special for March & probably had a bunch of submissions that are putting them behind.

cammb 04-04-2016 02:24 PM

The date of the post office delivery starts the date of reception.

Cozumeleno 04-04-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac32 (Post 1523222)
Sent a bulk order in to SGC with 56 cards for grading and per USPS delivered to mailbox at 2:42 pm on that day March 25th. Normally it takes a couple of days after receipt to have the cards listed on the site and then you wait for grading. As of today, no cards have been listed in the submission and I had called questioning this late last week and was told that they were behind. Has anyone had this delay since the move to Florida?

Ken

Same happened to me a couple of months ago. Not sure why it took so long, but it was longer than normal for them to upload into the system then as well.

coolshemp 04-04-2016 02:28 PM

My cards were logged in late February, as received. They did not list the cards submitted until last week. I called on last Monday to see when they are ready - and was told Tuesday. I called on Wednesday and they said they are graded and should be out Thursday. On Friday I wrote an email, no reply. So today I just looked and still not shipped. I love SGC but this has me concerned...

kmac32 04-04-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozumeleno (Post 1523227)
Same happened to me a couple of months ago. Not sure why it took so long, but it was longer than normal for them to upload into the system then as well.

How long did it take for them to upload the data from your cards. I was planning on calling again at the end of the week if they are not in the system. Time for them to grade is not really my concern. USPS failed to get a signiature to see who signed for them so I just want to be sure that the submission was delivered to the correct address as tracking says delivered at or to mailbox.

coolshemp 04-04-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac32 (Post 1523230)
How long did it take for them to upload the data from your cards. I was planning on calling again at the end of the week if they are not in the system. Time for them to grade is not really my concern. USPS failed to get a signiature to see who signed for them so I just want to be sure that the submission was delivered to the correct address as tracking says delivered at or to mailbox.

In my case it took over a month. Only said 10 cards submitted.

Cozumeleno 04-04-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac32 (Post 1523230)

I used the 15-day service and if I recall correctly, they were not recognized on the website until about 7-8 days after my USPS tracking number showed them as having arrived. Maybe even a couple of days longer.

kmac32 04-04-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozumeleno (Post 1523232)
I used the 15-day service and if I recall correctly, they were not recognized on the website until about 7-8 days after my USPS tracking number showed them as having arrived. Maybe even a couple of days longer.

Okay, will give it some time. It is just different from what has been done in the past. I also kind of figure with a bulk submission, maybe it takes a little longer. I do wish they would keep a record as to exactly what package arrived when so when you call in they can at least confirm that they recieved to package. Just a thought.

Cozumeleno 04-04-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac32 (Post 1523236)
Okay, will give it some time. It is just different from what has been done in the past. I also kind of figure with a bulk submission, maybe it takes a little longer. I do wish they would keep a record as to exactly what package arrived when so when you call in they can at least confirm that they recieved to package. Just a thought.

Yeah, that was the longest one for me, too. I've only had three submissions to them (each consisting of a handful of cards), so can't say I'm speaking from a ton of experience. But the other two times, it didn't take them that long to upload into the computer.

Best of luck.

drmondobueno 04-04-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozumeleno (Post 1523239)
Yeah, that was the longest one for me, too. I've only had three submissions to them (each consisting of a handful of cards), so can't say I'm speaking from a ton of experience. But the other two times, it didn't take them that long to upload into the computer.

Best of luck.

Anybody know which staff came with the move? I talked with Earl just after the move, he was there to help and then he would be gone, not staying on.

Hate to think customer service left with the staff but maybe its the new environment.

kmac32 04-04-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmondobueno (Post 1523253)
Anybody know which staff came with the move? I talked with Earl just after the move, he was there to help and then he would be gone, not staying on.

Hate to think customer service left with the staff but maybe its the new environment.

Yikes!!! Noticed their add on their front page of their website taking office applications. Hope they do not have to scrape the bottom of the barrell.

frankbmd 04-04-2016 03:50 PM

It would appear that we need an undercover site inspection. Let's see.....

Yes!!! Bocabirdman. :D

Shoebox 04-04-2016 04:06 PM

My submission that was received 2/9 with 15 day service wasn't shipped until 3/21. The submission received 3/10 has not been graded yet so they certainly seem to be running behind what they were a few months back.

I noted that their current specials for April have 25 card minimums. Maybe to try to reduce the number of smaller submissions.

pencil1974 04-04-2016 04:21 PM

I've had several submissions since they moved, and the turn around times have been very slow. Each submission on average has been around 5-8 days later than expected. The customer service has still been good in my experience but I don't think that helps move anything along any faster.

I was told they were having computer issues along with the move and shows they are going to things are not quite moving as fast as normal. The problem is they are becoming more like PSA with turnaround time issues and grading fees rising. That was one of my main reason for using was the price seemed fair and the turnaround was either on time or early for the most part.

vintagebaseballcardguy 04-04-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmondobueno (Post 1523253)

No Earl?! Now that is a scary thought. I had been thinking about sending a few in, but this post makes me think I will wait a while and see if the kinks get worked out...or not.

yankeepaul 04-04-2016 05:04 PM

Yes I have been waiting 15 business days so far for my 10 business day Express Order of 18 T205's. Sean said they are now done and should ship soon.

Bocabirdman 04-04-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1523263)
It would appear that we need an undercover site inspection. Let's see.....

Yes!!! Bocabirdman. :D

My trench coat and Fedora are in the cleaners. Besides, they are WA-A-A-A-Y over in East Boca.....:D

itjclarke 04-04-2016 09:13 PM

I've never submitted anything to SGC so can't speak to turnaround time, but just received/opened yet another case that's split on 3 sides, to where the card and flip can be easily removed. This makes maybe 8-10 I've received like this over the past year or two, and this was a brand new flip/case. I chalked the first 1-2 up to rough handling, or perhaps shoddy packing, but at this point I think the cases are just very flimsy and brittle. I've never received a case from another TPG that's been damaged to the point it's totally compromised.

Like many, I prefer the look of the SGC cases with certain sets, however take with a grain of salt any mention of their cases being the most sturdy.

Cozumeleno 04-05-2016 07:24 AM

BVG seems the sturdiest to me. I am dealing mostly in lower-grade/mid-grade cards and crack just about any graded card I happen to buy. Those suckers seem to be the toughest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1523410)
I've never submitted anything to SGC so can't speak to turnaround time, but just received/opened yet another case that's split on 3 sides, to where the card and flip can be easily removed. This makes maybe 8-10 I've received like this over the past year or two, and this was a brand new flip/case. I chalked the first 1-2 up to rough handling, or perhaps shoddy packing, but at this point I think the cases are just very flimsy and brittle. I've never received a case from another TPG that's been damaged to the point it's totally compromised.

Like many, I prefer the look of the SGC cases with certain sets, however take with a grain of salt any mention of their cases being the most sturdy.

bnorth 04-05-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1523410)

I would be worried that it is not the actual card SGC graded. Their slabs scratch super easily but I have never heard of them cracking apart by themselves.

itjclarke 04-05-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1523514)
I would be worried that it is not the actual card SGC graded. Their slabs scratch super easily but I have never heard of them cracking apart by themselves.

In most/all cases, I totally trust the seller, and most of the cards would seem not worth switching. The most recent was a low grade T202 Matty/Devlin bought from a reputable seller... But I'd probably have 2nd thoughts about buying a '52 Mantle. Only card I've ever poppped was a '54 Aaron I got signed, and it was super easy, case coming apart without marks. I'm pretty sure all these I've received could be easily glued back together after a thief swaps a high grade card with a trimmed one.

Totally agree with BVG cases being a tank. Also never received a PSA case like I've received these SGC.

Jason 04-05-2016 12:15 PM

I just had a submission show as received less than 24 hours after it was delivered. Im sure they had a high volume of subs after the specials last month which might have caused a slight backup.

Yoda 04-05-2016 12:39 PM

You kind of have to wonder if the move was to suit Dave Forman, perhaps he felt Boca Raton was just a little snappier to park himself than northern NJ (living in Fl myself I could understand that logic). I have always preferred SGC to PSA, so I hope their self-imposed service standards don't slip during this transitional period.

pawpawdiv9 04-05-2016 01:28 PM

Sgc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocabirdman (Post 1523363)
My trench coat and Fedora are in the cleaners. Besides, they are WA-A-A-A-Y over in East Boca.....:D

If anyone needs some questions asked,I say used to visit the forums regulary. But also note our friend Blackie is a moderator on their forums.If he cant answer them. A few people I know that's still exist..maybe 5-6 folks. :rolleyes:
I totally left their site, because of site problems. It got where I could not post or PM, because it would log me back out each time. Its annoying and still not fixed.

kmac32 04-09-2016 05:06 PM

Well, my cards are definitely at SGC. After 2 phone calls and some research and tracking indicating the cards were delivered March 25, I finally got somebody who knows what is going on.

Supposedly the hold up on marking them received was the fact that on 4 PSA cards in the lot that I did not indicate minimum grades. The submission was marked authentic grade okay and please encapusulate all cards on the submission form as I always do. I do not personally really care what an individual card recieves as I get them encapsulated to protect the card and I like the way they display. They also said that they tried to call and verify this with me. I received no such call and even checked my calls recieved on my only phone I use and there was no such record on my cell of a call being recieved. I only use my cell phone and have no land line and verizon shows all calls placed and received on the devise so either they called a wrong number or the call was never placed in the first place. I know the number they have is correct as they called me on the cell on my last submission with the same question and they got the same answer.....just cross them over and slab them.

Cards were marked in the submission April 8th, 2 weeks after they were actually delivered. I appreciate Matt's efforts and like I told him, I understand being busy but it is a little alarming when things have been handled so much differently than any submission that I have sent to SGC over the last 10 years or so. What ever happened to customer service and proper handling of a submission? I hope it improves when they get used to their new location. Never had these issues when Earl was there. This is the type of behavior I would expect from PSA, not SGC.

bigfish 04-09-2016 05:41 PM

Sgc

I have had three orders in since the move. Turnaround times were fine and communication was fine....I think they are just adjusting to a new area and staff.

Leon 04-10-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1525470)
...I think they are just adjusting to a new area and staff.

agree.....

Pilot172000 04-10-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1523514)

I found one last night that is seperating. Never seen that before.

kmac32 04-10-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1525613)
agree.....

Hope you are correct on this one Leon. Their product is great but in this particular example, do not think things were handled correctly.

robw1959 04-12-2016 10:58 PM

SGC is not behind

I, Rob Weekes, submitted a batch of vintage cards to SGC and PSA, mailing them on the same day. They were both received by SGC and PSA on the same day, April 1st. One card out of the PSA batch was for a 5-day submission, while the entire SGC batch was a 10-day submission. SGC just got the grades issued and the batch in the mail today, even faster than PSA's 5-day submission. Even though PSA acknowledged the receipt of their batch on April 1st, this order sat around for another 8 days until PSA finally acknowledged it officially in their system on Saturday, April 9th. So I guess I can expect that 5-day order to ship on Friday, April 15th, since that would be 5 business days from April 9th.

I know this post is supposed to be about SGC, but it seems to me that PSA is the entity people should be ranting about. You can't even expect them to package you whole order together for one mailing fee unless all of the cards are of the same order type. PSA seems, at least to me, to be too large to be efficient.