Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay is like the Wild West..... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=313622)

vthobby 01-15-2022 12:20 AM

Ebay is like the Wild West.....

1 Attachment(s)
Check this out:

Baseball Card | Chas. W. Bennet | N 28 Series |Year 1887 | Collectible | Slabbed (Item # 255210478225)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25521047822...YAAOSwj7JhgvUK

Slabbed? OMG! Plus the guy only has 7 of this card left at the low price of $398 each! Get them quick!

Looks like he has an 8th one for sale and that one is only $395! Shaking my head! EBay item number:255329748224

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25532974822...sAAOSw2OJh4EWM

I'm laughing so hard...... I'm crying! OMG!

PS: I just sent him a message through Ebay: "Wow, that is amazing you have 7 of these. What is your best price on all 7? I really need 9 of these to fill a 9 pocket sheet but will settle for the 7 or is it 8 that you have!?"

I got a response this morn from him: "No i have only 1 sorry mistake. Will change this right now!"

He never even tried to sell me his 1?!?!?!?! Not that I would buy a fake! But still! I feel insulted! lol

Attachment 497774

frankbmd 01-15-2022 07:32 AM

Mike, if you’re buying, I would rather have his $100,000.00 Messi card.

mrreality68 01-15-2022 08:35 AM

The ways of EBay keeps going and the many people that like go play their games

It is interesting watching it sometimes but it make using eBay that much harder

vthobby 01-15-2022 09:04 AM

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2185718)
Mike, if you’re buying, I would rather have his $100,000.00 Messi card.

Frank, My attention has now shifted to soccer! :)

:cool:

vthobby 01-15-2022 09:05 AM

agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2185748)

Jeff,

I had the same thought last night and with the repeated USPS horror stories, my Ebay purchases have literally halted as of 3 months ago before the holiday rush. Too many scammers and too few postal workers.

Crazy times indeed.

Thanks! Mike

frankbmd 01-15-2022 09:14 AM

I found your package

https://news.yahoo.com/thieves-loot-...214224509.html

Apparently the LAPD does not have jurisdiction over train track smash and grab. It is the responsibility of the Union Pacific Police. oh my!!!

The Union Pacific Police are based in Omaha, Nebraska. I hope they are on their way.

bnorth 01-15-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtgmsc (Post 2185686)
Check this out:

Baseball Card | Chas. W. Bennet | N 28 Series |Year 1887 | Collectible | Slabbed (Item # 255210478225)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25521047822...YAAOSwj7JhgvUK

Slabbed? OMG! Plus the guy only has 7 of this card left at the low price of $398 each! Get them quick!

Looks like he has an 8th one for sale and that one is only $395! Shaking my head! EBay item number:255329748224

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25532974822...sAAOSw2OJh4EWM

I'm laughing so hard...... I'm crying! OMG!

PS: I just sent him a message through Ebay: "Wow, that is amazing you have 7 of these. What is your best price on all 7? I really need 9 of these to fill a 9 pocket sheet but will settle for the 7 or is it 8 that you have!?"

I got a response this morn from him: "No i have only 1 sorry mistake. Will change this right now!"

He never even tried to sell me his 1?!?!?!?! Not that I would buy a fake! But still! I feel insulted! lol

Attachment 497774

Buy it and when you receive it and it isn't real return it for your cash back. It is near impossible to get screwed as a buyer on eBay. Then come on here and call them a scammer because the card wasn't real. I almost miss the member that used to do that.;)

Bobbycee 01-15-2022 10:58 AM

He still has multiple listings for the same exact card.

jingram058 01-15-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2185748)

OMG, as a long-time eBay member (basically when they started, boy the time sure flies) I cannot believe how they have become the flea market. Add to it, with all the trinkets, gee-gaws and fakes, their search has morphed over and over with "beta" new updates and upgrades that it is virtually impossible to find what you are searching for now.

maniac_73 01-15-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2185807)
OMG, as a long-time eBay member (basically when they started, boy the time sure flies) I cannot believe how they have become the flea market. Add to it, with all the trinkets, gee-gaws and fakes, their search has morphed over and over with "beta" new updates and upgrades that it is virtually impossible to find what you are searching for now.

After the “upgrade” a few months ago where you couldn’t search by sport and it basically killed all my saved searches I’m done with eBay. Only forums, Twitter and FB for me. Says a lot when I trust those more than Ebay. At least I can somewhat know the ppl I am dealing with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exhibitman 01-15-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2185762)
https://news.yahoo.com/thieves-loot-...214224509.html

Apparently the LAPD does not have jurisdiction over train track smash and grab. It is the responsibility of the Union Pacific Police. oh my!!!

The Union Pacific Police are based in Omaha, Nebraska. I hope they are on their way.

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...ds%20here.jfif

Local CBS affiliate ran a story on this with the image above.

LAPD has jurisdiction but has to have a complaint from the property owner to get involved--that's the sacrosanct private property system for ya.

I'm getting to the point where my compassion is exhausted. Our next mayoral election is going to be decided on this single issue, because the bums are wrecking our parks and public spaces, destroying our amenities, and stealing everything they can get their hands on. We got bedbugs in the fall riding the subway because of the bums using the subway as a crash pad. Cost me $3,000 and a month of living out of a suitcase to de-bug the house.

To paraphrase Captain Kirk in The Trouble With Tribbles, "I want them out of my city. I don't care if takes every man we've got, I want them out of the city."

https://media2.giphy.com/media/eNjn0...JrXH/giphy.gif

If only we could beam them into the Klingons' engine room...

bnorth 01-15-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 2185834)
That's the sacrosanct private property for ya.

I'm getting to the point where my compassion is exhausted. Our next mayoral election is going to be decided on this single issue, because the bums are wrecking our parks and public spaces, destroying our amenities, and stealing everything they can get their hands on. We got bedbugs in the fall riding the subway because of the bums using the subway as a crash pad. Cost me $3,000 and a month of living out of a suitcase to de-bug the house.

To paraphrase Captain Kirk in The Trouble With Tribbles, "I want them out of my city. I don't care if takes every man we've got, I want them out of the city." At this point, I don't care what you do with them: put them on buses to North Dakota, whatever, just get them the hell out of my city.

We don't mollycoddle them up here in the Dakotas so they like you all a lot better and will stay there.:D

Exhibitman 01-15-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2185839)
We don't mollycoddle them up here in the Dakotas so they like you all a lot better and will stay there.:D

OK, Wyoming...

RCMcKenzie 01-15-2022 01:10 PM

Dealers should collude and come up with a keyword like "prewar". I used to search large dealers by category and impulse buy all sorts of stuff that I wasn't looking for. My eBay buying has gone way, way down since they eliminated the categories. 20 years ago I had fun selling on eBay. I would never even think of listing anything on there now.

Leon 01-17-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie (Post 2185846)
Dealers should collude and come up with a keyword like "prewar". I used to search large dealers by category and impulse buy all sorts of stuff that I wasn't looking for. My eBay buying has gone way, way down since they eliminated the categories. 20 years ago I had fun selling on eBay. I would never even think of listing anything on there now.

I don't sell on ebay but I still buy. And there are more fakes, reprints and forgeries than ever.

Vintage Paul 01-17-2022 05:33 PM

I bought a New York Yankess "Vintage" Yearbook off a seller on ebay. Seller sent it out and awaiting this purchase to my location. I received what was left of the package from USPS stating. USPS added this torn up front of a envelope inside of their own envelope! Stating the issue of this mailing. I contacted the "Seller" stating what happened to purchase. He wrote back like it was on me! I wrote back to him that I didn't receive this "Yearbook" why is it my fault! It went back and forth till ebay got involved! Ebay messaged me that they will reimburse me! This "Seller" just couldn't get my thought processing! That I purchased from him of something that I did not receive! How is it possible that the "seller" believed that it was on me!

todeen 01-17-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Paul (Post 2186646)
I bought a New York Yankess "Vintage" Yearbook off a seller on ebay. Seller sent it out and awaiting this purchase to my location. I received what was left of the package from USPS stating. USPS added this torn up front of a envelope inside of their own envelope! Stating the issue of this mailing. I contacted the "Seller" stating what happened to purchase. He wrote back like it was on me! I wrote back to him that I didn't receive this "Yearbook" why is it my fault! It went back and forth till ebay got involved! Ebay messaged me that they will reimburse me! This "Seller" just couldn't get my thought processing! That I purchased from him of something that I did not receive! How is it possible that the "seller" believed that it was on me!

Someone on Twitter today stated he was just getting into selling and wanted to know how to best ship cards. I told him that no matter what method he used, postal/package carriers will still find a way to deliver less than what he shipped.

I still buy on ebay. There are still a lot of credible dealers who are exhausted by dillhole buyers. They are always thankful when I buy, pay, and they can ship in 12 hours. I'd go back to my card shop, but he just doesn't carry what I can find online.

I have started buying on COMC a lot more. I like them a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk