Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ebay ID: Bullpen416 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=182872)

Shoeless Moe 02-06-2014 03:10 PM

Ebay ID: Bullpen416

Anybody familiar with this Ebay ID?

Net54-er by chance?

prewarsports 02-06-2014 03:19 PM

Yes familiar with him, not a forum member that I have ever seen.

Rhys

yanks12025 02-06-2014 03:51 PM

I've noticed He buys a lot of stuff on eBay.

Butch7999 02-06-2014 03:54 PM

Has a significant collection of vintage tabletop baseball games, but we've no idea who he is. Wish he'd stop in at our own forum...

ooo-ribay 02-06-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch7999 (Post 1237752)
Has a significant collection of vintage tabletop baseball games, but we've no idea who he is. Wish he'd stop in at our own forum...

"Ask seller a question" and invite him in :D

thecatspajamas 02-06-2014 07:15 PM

Looks like he bought your refurb trophy flip, so I'm assuming that's what this is about? He appears to buy a lot on ebay, and not all nickel and dime stuff. I don't know him, but judging by how his account is still active, it doesn't look like he's stiffing anyone.

MGHPro 02-06-2014 07:19 PM

He's not stiffing anyone. I've been dealing with him for years. He's a good guy.
Matt

Shoeless Moe 02-07-2014 12:32 AM

He sure buys a lot. Well too bad he's not a member.

autograf 02-07-2014 08:24 AM

Also dealt with him for many years......very good guy. More in the past (1990's/early 2000's) than now............

thecatspajamas 02-07-2014 08:50 AM

Maybe this is just a personal thing with me, but I really wish that when folks ask "is so-and-so from eBay on Net54" or "does anybody know so-and-so from eBay" that there would be some indication given as to why they're seeking them out. Is it for testimonials from others who have dealt with them? Is it to ask them about something they're selling? Is it that you suspect they're up to no good but want to take it up with them personally before calling them out? Or are you just looking for intellectual conversation with someone who buys/sells the same stuff you're interested in?

Like I said, maybe it's just me, but I tend to assume the worst when I hear these anonymous calls for information, and would rather not do so if it's for something harmless.

Shoeless Moe 02-07-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1238052)
Maybe this is just a personal thing with me, but I really wish that when folks ask "is so-and-so from eBay on Net54" or "does anybody know so-and-so from eBay" that there would be some indication given as to why they're seeking them out. Is it for testimonials from others who have dealt with them? Is it to ask them about something they're selling? Is it that you suspect they're up to no good but want to take it up with them personally before calling them out? Or are you just looking for intellectual conversation with someone who buys/sells the same stuff you're interested in?

Like I said, maybe it's just me, but I tend to assume the worst when I hear these anonymous calls for information, and would rather not do so if it's for something harmless.

No, I just wanted to see if he was a member and if so, ask him about his collection. Maybe post some pix. I thinking he has some extremely nice items or maybe he's a reseller. Just was curious if anyone knew.

Anyone who drops several grand weekly, consistently on Ebay, is interesting to me.

thecatspajamas 02-07-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1238075)
No, I just wanted to see if he was a member and if so, ask him about his collection. Maybe post some pix. I thinking he has some extremely nice items or maybe he's a reseller. Just was curious if anyone knew.

Anyone who drops several grand weekly, consistently on Ebay, is interesting to me.

Fair enough. Thank you for the follow-up. Though I'm curious why you didn't just ask him directly if you have his contact info from the trophy sale?

Shoeless Moe 02-07-2014 10:04 AM

I did, no reply.

Shoeless Moe 02-07-2014 10:11 AM

I ask most ebay deals if they are Net54-ers. Leon gives me $20 bucks for every new recruit.

Although...oddly I have yet to see dollar 1.

2dueces 02-07-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1238104)
I ask most ebay deals if they are Net54-ers. Leon gives me $20 bucks for every new recruit.

Although...oddly I have yet to see dollar 1.

"They told me it was a million dollar wound but I ain't seen a nickle of that money."

sporteq 02-08-2014 04:00 PM

I can't win against this guy, he's a bidding "BEAST!" His collection must be insane. Anyhow he's brought me, a lot of frustration.. LoL

Its all good.. bigger bank accounts win :)

Albert

Shoeless Moe 02-08-2014 05:01 PM

"If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Shoeless Moe 02-08-2014 05:12 PM

His has 1273 feedbacks in a 12 month span. He does not sell, not on this account anyway.

So that's 1273 purchases/auction wins, probably a lil' more as not everyone leaves feedback. He's won 119 auctions in the past month.

More than likely if you lost an auction, check to see if it was to (7186), he's beaten you too.

Dr Richard Kimble: "You find this man!"

yanks12025 02-08-2014 05:20 PM

Must be nice to be rich, even though looks like he over spends on some items.

ooo-ribay 02-08-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporteq (Post 1238786)
I can't win against this guy, he's a bidding "BEAST!" His collection must be insane. Anyhow he's brought me, a lot of frustration.. LoL

Its all good.. bigger bank accounts win :)

Albert

I thought anymore you can't see who is beating you or lost to you. I can figure a lot of guys by their feedback number but everything is now hidden, is it not? :confused:

yanks12025 02-08-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1238822)
I thought anymore you can't see who is beating you or lost to you. I can figure a lot of guys by their feedback number but everything is now hidden, is it not? :confused:

There's ways around things. I can still look and see what people have bought that I follow.

7nohitter 02-08-2014 05:33 PM

A decade ago a guy came onto the Ebay scene and was purchasing EVERYTHING Nolan Ryan...could not beat this guy....I finally contacted him and found out he was a judge...he was buying Ryan items for his sick father...

sporteq 02-08-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1238822)

I have a list of users I collected over the years. I check in here and there to see what I missed or what's trending in the hobby.

I also use to look at popular sellers feedback and grab user names from that. That is now blocked more recently.

Albert

ooo-ribay 02-09-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporteq (Post 1238900)
I have a list of users I collected over the years. I check in here and there to see what I missed or what's trending in the hobby.

right....I used to check "by bidder" in advanced search. You can't do that anymore (that I know of). I really miss being able to see what my buddies/competitors have won. Is there still a way to search completed items by bidder??

thecatspajamas 02-09-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1239118)
right....I used to check "by bidder" in advanced search. You can't do that anymore (that I know of). I really miss being able to see what my buddies/competitors have won. Is there still a way to search completed items by bidder??

It's still there. You just have to go to Advanced Search, click on By Seller, and THEN click on By Bidder (it will appear in the list at the left after you click on By Seller). They didn't take the functionality away, but just hid it a little better.

yanks12025 02-09-2014 06:20 PM

Well he struck again and out bid me. But I'm actually happy because the item was overpriced anyway, so saved me my money.

ooo-ribay 02-10-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecatspajamas (Post 1239254)
It's still there. You just have to go to Advanced Search, click on By Seller, and THEN click on By Bidder (it will appear in the list at the left after you click on By Seller). They didn't take the functionality away, but just hid it a little better.

well, whaddaya know! Thanks.....now I can spy again on my friends and foes :p