Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hiring a Nanny - Advice? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=322124)

KMayUSA6060 07-12-2022 07:03 PM

Hiring a Nanny - Advice?

We have to hire a full time nanny due to a family emergency.

If you've hired one in the past, what resources did you use to find one? Any advice/tips?

Kzoo 07-13-2022 02:59 PM

our nanny...

Hey Kyle........We found our 1st nanny through my sister's home schooling network of families......so, more or less 'word of mouth'. It was actually pretty easy. Our nanny was part of that group of families since elementary school, had just graduated high school, and was already working part time for another family as a nanny. We had her through her college years and after she got married, but then she landed a job in Florida related to her college degree. Before leaving, she hooked us up with the maid of honor from her wedding who also happened to be a part-time nanny, so it was a seamless transition. If you know any families going the home school route, I bet they can 'put the word out'. Hope this helps........Matt

KMayUSA6060 07-13-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kzoo (Post 2242174)
Hey Kyle........We found our 1st nanny through my sister's home schooling network of families......so, more or less 'word of mouth'. It was actually pretty easy. Our nanny was part of that group of families since elementary school, had just graduated high school, and was already working part time for another family as a nanny. We had her through her college years and after she got married, but then she landed a job in Florida related to her college degree. Before leaving, she hooked us up with the maid of honor from her wedding who also happened to be a part-time nanny, so it was a seamless transition. If you know any families going the home school route, I bet they can 'put the word out'. Hope this helps........Matt

Thank you Matt! That just gave me a thought of someone I can reach out to. I really appreciate that.

How was paying your nanny? Did you offer benefits?

JustinD 07-13-2022 06:48 PM

My ex-wife was a nanny for many years to supplement her Yoga instruction as the classes were mostly late afternoon.

She always found more work than needed strictly from word of mouth of her clients. If you have a Nextdoor account a quick posting would likely give you plenty of leads from neighbors on available folks.

Always ask for full references and make sure you speak to every family on their experiences. It is welcome and accepted that you will, this is your family of course. Background checks are always standard as well.

She was usually paid as a normal employee and most often provided a vehicle to do the many drop-offs that kids activities entail. Hiring as a normal employee will provide you the tax benefits to help offset nanny costs. She did not receive medical, but did go along on family trips worldwide and fully paid to assist. (These were very wealthy clients normally)

bnorth 07-13-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 (Post 2242240)
Thank you Matt! That just gave me a thought of someone I can reach out to. I really appreciate that.

How was paying your nanny? Did you offer benefits
?

I few friends have had them and they either paid cash or they are "independent contractors" like many house cleaners that pay their own taxes. At least that is how it works here.

Best of luck getting a good nanny.

Kzoo 07-14-2022 02:42 PM

How was paying your nanny? Did you offer benefits?

I believe my wife normally paid/pays them via venmo or sometimes cash. No benefits, but we made it worth their time.

GasHouseGang 07-14-2022 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just don't ask Ben Affleck for a recommendation.

mrreality68 07-15-2022 07:00 AM

Go Young and Cute

bnorth 07-15-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2242647)
Go Young and Cute

LOL, that has to be the worst advice I have ever seen on this forum.:D