Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AAGPBL Items (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=310568)

KMayUSA6060 11-16-2021 05:55 AM

AAGPBL Items

I have my first biological child due Dec. 29th, and it's a girl. I got permission from my wife to decorate the baby room with AAGPBL decor, and would also like to get something for my 2.5 year old stepdaughter's room.

However, I'm unsure of what's out there for AAGPBL Items. I'd like to find a newspaper or two from during the war, and maybe some larger Type 1 photos or other items (doesn't have to be during the war). Are there any AAGPBL collectors resources, or would someone be willing to share any ideas they may have?

Thank you in advance!

mrreality68 11-16-2021 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 (Post 2164674)
I have my first biological child due Dec. 29th, and it's a girl. I got permission from my wife to decorate the baby room with AAGPBL decor, and would also like to get something for my 2.5 year old stepdaughter's room.

However, I'm unsure of what's out there for AAGPBL Items. I'd prefer items from during the war vs later years or reprints. Are there any AAGPBL collectors resources, or would someone be willing to share any ideas they may have?

Thank you in advance!

Hi

First Off Congratulations
Second they have a great web site to learn more about them
Third the only place I have seen that sells things and reprints etc is on ebay.

Good Luck and show some pictures as you progress

doug.goodman 11-16-2021 01:22 PM

Congrats

egri 11-16-2021 03:52 PM

First off, congratulations.

Secondly, if I were in your shoes, I would go the reprint route. I hesitate to put original items in the baby room because kids are messy, and I'm sure a rare or expensive item getting crayon, marker, or, ahem, other excretions on it would put a damper on things. If you use reprints it'll still look great, the kids won't know the difference, and any damage is a quick and cheap fix.

KMayUSA6060 11-16-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2164678)
First Off Congratulations

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2164789)
Congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by egri (Post 2164822)
First off, congratulations.

Secondly, if I were in your shoes, I would go the reprint route. I hesitate to put original items in the baby room because kids are messy, and I'm sure a rare or expensive item getting crayon, marker, or, ahem, other excretions on it would put a damper on things. If you use reprints it'll still look great, the kids won't know the difference, and any damage is a quick and cheap fix.

Thank you everyone!

My plan is to target things that can be framed and hung on the wall. The way the room is setup, they should be safe, barring some sort of major catastrophe.

jerseygary 11-17-2021 10:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Check out Teambrownapparel.com

I did a whole like of AAGPL apparel for them of most of the teams in the league. Besides my work being on clothing (they make kids and toddler sizes as well) they sell them as prints that can be frame and other items. They are licensed by the AAGPBL and do a lot of work with the former players.

Attachment 488054

Attachment 488055

Shoeless Moe 11-18-2021 08:14 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19451022747...wAAOSw-A1hlbqP

mrreality68 11-18-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 2165707)

That’s very cute for the room

KMayUSA6060 11-20-2021 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 2165707)

Love this. Added it to my watchlist.

--------------------------------

Update...

I have 4 special photos on their way. I have 2 8x10 frames left. I'm thinking A League of Their Own print, and a Women in Baseball print. If anyone has any suggestions on the Women in Baseball print, let me know.