Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No Tickets or stubs for Miguel Cabrera's 500th ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=306872)

bigfanNY 08-22-2021 05:12 PM

No Tickets or stubs for Miguel Cabrera's 500th ?

Last week I tried to find hard tickets for this weekeds series vs Detroit and could not find any... anyone else have any luck?

maniac_73 08-22-2021 06:19 PM

I asked a bunch of my friends who work for the Jays and they dont have hard ticket stubs Unfortunately.

Scott Garner 08-22-2021 09:19 PM

Sad!
I wish that Cabrera had hit #500 at home at Comerica Park.
It would have been great for the fans.
Not cool for all the 500 HR ticket collectors out there. Very disappointing... :confused:

doug.goodman 08-22-2021 10:21 PM

I find it interesting that evidently the Amish are no longer allowed to buy tickets to sporting events from the team, only from resellers.

philo98 08-23-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfanNY (Post 2137164)
Last week I tried to find hard tickets for this weekeds series vs Detroit and could not find any... anyone else have any luck?

Im a member of some ticket collector groups and the postings in these groups seems it is impossible to get a ticket or stub. The Blue Jays were not going to print any tickets at all, even when asked.

cubman1941 08-24-2021 12:37 PM

Interesting but I will wager that, in the near future, someone will have ticket stubs and probably full tickets for sale.

GoCubsGo32 08-27-2021 03:14 PM

Dang, that sucks. I guess finding milestone tickets in the future, may just come down purely to the specific ballpark that prints them!?

I went to a Reds game on Aug 19th at Great American Ball Park. Walk up to the ticket sales booth. They printed off physical tickets automatically.Wasn't given an option. In fact, they had to refill the ticket paper with a giant roll of blank tickets to print the rest of my order.

The only thing I asked for that they seemed to maybe going away from or very limited supply was individual pocket schedules.

If some ballparks are truly going close to 100% digital with tickets (I get it), I don't understand why they don't have a few back up blank ticket rolls in the supply room to print off milestone tickets by request or for those who aren't tech savvy :confused:

cubman1941 08-27-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 (Post 2138940)
Dang, that sucks. I guess finding milestone tickets in the future, may just come down purely to the specific ballpark that prints them!?

I went to a Reds game on Aug 19th at Great American Ball Park. Walk up to the ticket sales booth. They printed off physical tickets automatically.Wasn't given an option. In fact, they had to refill the ticket paper with a giant roll of blank tickets to print the rest of my order.

The only thing I asked for that they seemed to maybe going away from or very limited supply was individual pocket schedules.

If some ballparks are truly going close to 100% digital with tickets (I get it), I don't understand why they don't have a few back up blank ticket rolls in the supply room to print off milestone tickets by request or for those who aren't tech savvy :confused:

I agree with you. Went to the 2016 World Series game in Cleveland but only had a paper ticket - would have loved to have been able to get a physical ticket.

bigfanNY 08-27-2021 09:07 PM

I went with my Family (12) to a Devils game and was sent barcodes on my phone to get in. I called ticket rep and said since Ovechkin has 699 goals I would like to get hard tickets for game. He was nice enough to get that done for us. Last milestone game I attended.
Yankees until this year would print out hard tickets if you purchased directly from ticketmaster if you waited in box office line and asked nicely. But this year with Covid rule is no hard Tickets.
Maybe Cabrera fans will have better luck when he hits 3000.

ooo-ribay 09-05-2021 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't able to find a link, the but Salt Lake paper just had an article about University of Utah going completely digital. No amount of begging or finagling will get you a real ticket. They are saving $100k annually. It's a drop in the bucket but for that and other reasons, I think hard tickets will soon be a thing of the past. :(

maniac_73 09-05-2021 12:14 PM

I actually got an email back a couple days ago from the Jays saying that they did have some ticket stubs printed but they were all sent to the Tigers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigfanNY 09-05-2021 03:02 PM

I had seen a release from the Tigers saying that they were going to market a number of items from Miggy's milestones. Maybe the Jays stubs will show up in the Tigers team store.

ooo-ribay 09-05-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfanNY (Post 2141968)
I had seen a release from the Tigers saying that they were going to market a number of items from Miggy's milestones. Maybe the Jays stubs will show up in the Tigers team store.

You would want them to be “real.” Recreated stubs are not something that would interest me. :mad:

doug.goodman 09-05-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maniac_73 (Post 2141905)
I actually got an email back a couple days ago from the Jays saying that they did have some ticket stubs printed but they were all sent to the Tigers.

If they printed ticket "stubs" those would not qualify as game tickets, in my humble opinion.

I have a Cubs "I was there" certificate & ticket for a Sammy Sosa milestone HR game but the print date of the ticket is after the game, so it's not even a real ticket.

Doug

ooo-ribay 09-07-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2141981)
If they printed ticket "stubs" those would not qualify as game tickets, in my humble opinion.

I have a Cubs "I was there" certificate & ticket for a Sammy Sosa milestone HR game but the print date of the ticket is after the game, so it's not even a real ticket.

Doug

It would be pretty worthless, regardless. ;)

doug.goodman 09-08-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 2142667)
It would be pretty worthless, regardless. ;)

About as worthless as both my Dodgers and the Rockies 9th inning pitching staff tonight.