Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PSA Ticket Grading Time (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=310630)

Shoeless Moe 11-17-2021 04:55 PM

PSA Ticket Grading Time

1 Attachment(s)
I just noticed this.....80 business days!!!!?????

I just sent in 4 tickets for Express at $50 a pop in Sept. and it took about 3-1/2 weeks round trip.

How does it go from 15 days to 80....or am I missing something?

https://www.psacard.com/pricing#tickets

Did something happen?

Anybody send tickets in recently or are about too? ...and maybe they should change the terms they use, Express, Super Express, to Slow and Super Slow, not sure they can use the term Express with 80 days, and business days mind you.

guy3050 11-17-2021 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sent 4 tickets 3 weeks ago and got them back in less then 2 weeks and I live in Montreal
Here's one of them

mrreality68 11-18-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy3050 (Post 2165279)
I sent 4 tickets 3 weeks ago and got them back in less then 2 weeks and I live in Montreal
Here's one of them

Cool looking ticket and on great shape

Congrats

tod41 11-21-2021 06:58 PM

Any idea how much longer the economy and regular ticket service will be suspended? 50 a ticket minimum is rather steep.

bigfanNY 11-24-2021 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sent in two orders a little over 3 weeks ago. One order was Express 2 Tickets and one super Express 2 Tickets. Super express was back in my hands in 11 days Express was back in 21 days and it arrived last Friday. When I mailed them it listed 20 and 80 buisiness days for return. So I was pleased with service.

David Atkatz 11-26-2021 04:13 PM

Why would anyone get a ticket stub graded? This "authentication" and "grading" BS has really gone way too far.

ballparks 11-29-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 2168463)
Why would anyone get a ticket stub graded? This "authentication" and "grading" BS has really gone way too far.

1000% agree. The problem is the idiots that will pay more for a graded item, not knowing that PSA is clueless and inconsistent. Quite sad.

bigfanNY 11-29-2021 11:06 AM

I use PSA to grade when I have a ticket that I plan on selling. I have many Raw Tickets in my collection. And I agree there are a number of slabbed Tickets where the Date and game is wrong. But I have also found that most tickets bring better prices and sell quicker after being graded. It's not like Ticket grading is going away, so isn't it the right thing to help fix the known issues. To try and make the hobby we share better rather than just saying everyone who grades their tickets is an idiot?

guy3050 11-29-2021 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfanNY (Post 2169543)
I use PSA to grade when I have a ticket that I plan on selling. I have many Raw Tickets in my collection. And I agree there are a number of slabbed Tickets where the Date and game is wrong. But I have also found that most tickets bring better prices and sell quicker after being graded. It's not like Ticket grading is going away, so isn't it the right thing to help fix the known issues. To try and make the hobby we share better rather than just saying everyone who grades their tickets is an idiot?

+1
98% of my tickets are not graded, I graded maybe 20 tickets so far as I liked the way they look framed like these

ballparks 11-29-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfanNY (Post 2169543)

MAKE THE HOBBY A BETTER PLACE?! You mean buying tickets on auction and then trying to flip there here on net54 BST for twice what you paid is supposed to make a hobby better? You ought to be ashamed at your phony comment. Your justification of slabbing is to make more money. That is not in the best interest of the hobby. It's in the best interest of Jonathan Sterling.

ballparks 11-29-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballparks (Post 2169734)
MAKE THE HOBBY A BETTER PLACE?! You mean buying tickets on auction and then trying to flip there here on net54 BST for twice what you paid is supposed to make a hobby better? You ought to be ashamed at your phony comment. Your justification of slabbing is to make more money. That is not in the best interest of the hobby. It's in the best interest of Jonathan Sterling.

And then you bully this other nice man who was asking about authenticity because you could be out $$$$? Threatening people does not make the hobby a better place.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...+Series+Ticket

bigfanNY 11-30-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballparks (Post 2169738)
And then you bully this other nice man who was asking about authenticity because you could be out $$$$? Threatening people does not make the hobby a better place.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...+Series+Ticket

Well I can start by trying to make net54 a better place and ask that you follow the rules and ask that you post your full name with your unfounded accusation that I threatened someone. I have never threatened anyone here on net54. And if you have any evidence that I threatened a fellow Net54 member I ask that you post it or retract your post.
Second my point about making the hobby better was addressing the tickets currently in PSA slabs that are incorrectly labeled.
I start my post saying that I grade tickets so that I get more money for them. And to clear up the thread about the 1910 game 2 stub after it was graded it was sold for more than twice what I paid in REA auction. After it was graded.
Following auctions and finding scarce stubs that are better condition than the majority of the other known examples and buying and selling them graded and ungraded is something I have done for over 40 years. Thank you for pointing out I am good at it.