Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Red Sox Heritage...seriously, dude??!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=279830)

Phil68 02-28-2020 11:39 PM

Red Sox Heritage...seriously, dude??!!

Once again...the same backdrop for every card. Are these guys mentally challenged? It's bad enough that Topps completely blew it when making Heritage (I like them but they could easily be better with no added expense) but can't they just...at the very least move to a different spot on the damned field once in awhile...every year it's "Ok (insert Sox player here), stand on the track by the ivy and choose one of 2 poses. Click. Done.
The last 5 years have been absolute reruns.
Disappointed again. Bummer.

Rich Klein 02-29-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil68 (Post 1958581)
Once again...the same backdrop for every card. Are these guys mentally challenged? It's bad enough that Topps completely blew it when making Heritage (I like them but they could easily be better with no added expense) but can't they just...at the very least move to a different spot on the damned field once in awhile...every year it's "Ok (insert Sox player here), stand on the track by the ivy and choose one of 2 poses. Click. Done.
The last 5 years have been absolute reruns.
Disappointed again. Bummer.

Phil:

Just a question, Topps in Heritage tries to mimic the original card in many of the poses; are these the same poses for the same card # in 1971 for a few of these cards?

Rich

Phil68 03-01-2020 06:12 AM

Not certain, Rich. Just the exact same background on virtually every card over the last 5 years. Frankly, I don't want to see the same card over and over. It's a major oversight OR a plan that I can't fathom why they would do.

swarmee 03-01-2020 08:10 AM

As Rich said, they mimic the original cards in the set. So since Topps was awful at taking action photos in the 60s/70s, you get a whole lot of useless face shots to match the original series. That's the style they are going for (and a reason they have SP action shots in the set, to liven it up a little).
Maybe Heritage isn't the set you should be putting together.

Chicosbailbonds 03-01-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1958729)
Phil:

Just a question, Topps in Heritage tries to mimic the original card in many of the poses; are these the same poses for the same card # in 1971 for a few of these cards?

Rich

From what I've seen so far:

Aaron Judge - Curt Blefary
Gary Sanchez - Thurman Munson
Amed Rosario - Bud Harrelson

I was hoping for a card that mimiced the Reggie Jackson or Vida Blue.

Its a great set but they have been sloppy with reusing images from prior years, namely the Red Sox.

Phil68 03-13-2020 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicosbailbonds (Post 1959000)
From what I've seen so far:

Aaron Judge - Curt Blefary
Gary Sanchez - Thurman Munson
Amed Rosario - Bud Harrelson

I was hoping for a card that mimiced the Reggie Jackson or Vida Blue.

Its a great set but they have been sloppy with reusing images from prior years, namely the Red Sox.

Exactly. And the thing I tried to emphasize has nothing to do with the poses. It's that every card for 5 years has been taken in the EXACT SAME SPOT! There was a gorgeous shot of Boomer Scott in '71...and numerous batting cage shots...even the ugly Yaz card had a different ANGLE for chrissake. This set is garbage.
ANY effort at all and it would've been really good.
The Red Sox are pointless to collect. They don't even try to emulate the 60s and 70s. Bummer.