Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Opportunity to purchased game used lot (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287358)

sayheykid54 08-11-2020 04:50 PM

Opportunity to purchased game used lot

Through a local connection where I live I have the opportunity to purchase a nice vintage game used lot. The lot includes his game used bat, Flip down sunglasses, cleats, and gloves. There are also a couple baseball cards and signed pieces.

The whole lot comes with provenance letters.

What do you feel would be a fair offer for the lot?

Michael B 08-11-2020 07:59 PM

I would first ask them if they have any idea what they would want for the items. Whenever I am buying something I like to have a start point. The same goes when selling. The friends I sell to in Europe always want to know what I want for an item, usually a desirable Olympic autograph, so they can see where I am versus their possible offer.

Jim65 08-11-2020 09:17 PM

The cleats, bat, gloves, etc can all be priced by looking at past sales of similar items. The special item is obviously the watch, might have to do some serious research to find sales of similar ones. Nice little collection.

MCyganik 08-11-2020 10:13 PM

Similar to what Jim & Michael said. Ask the seller what they would like for it to at least gauge what they are thinking. At worst they get cold feet on a price because they want to maximize a deal and force you to name a price.

But if you look up some recent big-name auction houses for each item, you can get a sense for what each item goes for provided you are in context to the time (30s/40s) and desirability (Fox isn't a household name, but collectors will come for the Tigers/Red Sox association and the period era vintage - so don't compare it to HOF prices). From there you can glean a general value of each item and what you might feel comfortable offering.

If you do buy the lot and plan to split some stuff off, I'd be interested in the sunglasses.

Bobmc 08-12-2020 09:41 AM

That's an incredible group of Pete Fox personal items. Best of luck to you on acquiring the magnificent lot. No uniform or jersey?

jakebeckleyoldeagleeye 08-12-2020 11:03 AM

I'd just like that glove and sunglasses.

packs 08-12-2020 01:01 PM

A die hard Tigers fan would probably pay pretty decently for the watch but the rest of the lot would have minimal value IMO. Even the bat is probably only a hundred dollar item.

brad15 08-12-2020 06:16 PM

nice glove.

Mark17 08-13-2020 12:01 AM

I'd pay $300 for the bat and a Tiger or Sox collector would probably go at least to $500. That is a really nice lot.

Huysmans 08-13-2020 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark17 (Post 2008046)
I'd pay $300 for the bat and a Tiger or Sox collector would probably go at least to $500. That is a really nice lot.

Agreed. And a lot of the value is as an intact player group. It would be foolish to part out the items.

sayheykid54 08-13-2020 09:44 AM

How much would the presentation watch itself be worth? I understand that each player on the Championship Tigers team was presented one that year.