Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Need 1991 Desert Shield Expert (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=288166)

hockeyhockey 08-28-2020 11:49 AM

Need 1991 Desert Shield Expert

looking for someone to check out 250-300 desert shield cards to determine if they are legit or fakes. i cannot tell the difference. even have a PSA one and it still doesn't really help. will pay $ for your time. send me a PM if you are interested. thank you.

bswhiten 08-29-2020 07:20 AM

Post a couple of closeups of the shield and I’m sure you will get some advice. Almost all DS backs glow under black light so that would be an easy initial check.

Sean1125 08-29-2020 07:26 AM

Typically the fakes have a silver lettering rather than a gold. Please post some here and I'll do my best to review. No need to pay anyone for a review.

hockeyhockey 08-29-2020 08:54 AM

thanks guys. someone reached out and is helping me out for free. i tried to upload some pics here but they keep getting rejected due to sizing.

i'll follow up with the results if anyone is interested.

jacksoncoupage 08-29-2020 02:47 PM

On a related note...

A whole bunch of DS fakes listed on COMC (sort by recently added) yesterday. I picked up a few of the “variation” subjects like Mike Walker and Efrain Valdez.

For those needing help identifying them, check out the Carlton Fisk and the Dwight Evans cards, flip over and notice they don’t have the bold 40th logo on back. Use the fronts and foiling to note the differences with a real version.

hockeyhockey 08-30-2020 08:16 PM

really appreciated the help i got on these cards. seems that i bought 2 lots from counterfeiters (only 20-25 cards), and was able to recoup most of that $. and the rest all seem to be legit, some 250-275 cards. thanks again to you all for offering to assist. now if i can only figure out how to post a picture without the site telling me it's too big......

jacksoncoupage 08-30-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyhockey (Post 2013419)
really appreciated the help i got on these cards. seems that i bought 2 lots from counterfeiters (only 20-25 cards), and was able to recoup most of that $. and the rest all seem to be legit, some 250-275 cards. thanks again to you all for offering to assist. now if i can only figure out how to post a picture without the site telling me it's too big......

If you happen to have a robin ventura counterfeit, I’d really like to purchase it.

Thanks!

hockeyhockey 08-31-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage (Post 2013420)
If you happen to have a robin ventura counterfeit, I’d really like to purchase it.

Thanks!

no ventura in the bunch, sorry. mostly stars like bonds, mcgwire, ryan, ozzie, gwynn, glavine, etc (i guess that's how the counterfeiters make their $). i do have a bunch of lower end guys like drabek, cone, randolph and some other really common guys.

how much did you want to pay for ventura? if i come across one, happy to get it for you.

bnorth 08-31-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyhockey (Post 2013467)
no ventura in the bunch, sorry. mostly stars like bonds, mcgwire, ryan, ozzie, gwynn, glavine, etc (i guess that's how the counterfeiters make their $). i do have a bunch of lower end guys like drabek, cone, randolph and some other really common guys.

how much did you want to pay for ventura? if i come across one, happy to get it for you.

Is there a fake logo Wade Boggs in the lot? I would be interested if only a few dollars.

hockeyhockey 09-02-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2013562)
Is there a fake logo Wade Boggs in the lot? I would be interested if only a few dollars.

haven't seen a boggs personally, but if i come across one, i'll pick it up for you if it's cheap.