Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Autographed baseball cards UPDATE!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=298540)

pt7464 03-13-2021 02:41 PM

Autographed baseball cards UPDATE!!!

3 Attachment(s)
So I had a group of cards authenticated on-site by JSA today. I took 20 cards some I felt good and some I did not based on feedback from the forum.
The on-site was from 10am to 4pm. I arrived early and they opened at around 9:15, I was the third person in line. I gave them the cards and they told me to come back in 2 hours or so. I came back around 11:15 and they were already done. (FYI the line was huge at 11am)
Results:
I brought in 8 Aarons and none passed 67 Mays didn't pass and 56 Koufax also did not pass.
60 AS and 66 Maris passed 60 Koufax passed (they bumped the 60 Koufax to a letter at no additional charge) I should have letters in 3 weeks.
65 Yaz, 70 R Jackson, 69 Seaver, 70 and 73 Ryan and 61 Banks all passed.
61 Clemente the on-site authenticator wasn't sure so it was bumped up to I would assume a more senior authenticator will hear back in 3 weeks. 60/40 its good.

I will say the JSA team was very professional and very easy to work with.
They went over each card that didn't pass and explained their opinion on each.
Great to deal with and would absolutely use them again.

Lordstan 03-13-2021 04:44 PM

Congrats on those that passed. Sorry about the ones that did not.
LMK if you are interested in moving the Seaver.

todeen 03-13-2021 04:47 PM

Interested to hear where you picked up the Aarons. LCS or ebay or facebook?

pt7464 03-13-2021 04:59 PM

Aarons

I picked up the Aarons from a long-time autograph collector who got them years ago. He doesn't agree on the outcome and stands by the fact that he believes their 100% authentic. I am no expert at all but I did see many Aaron autos on ebay that were authenticated that looked a lot like the ones on the cards. But again I'm no expert but I did think they would pass.

roarfrom34 03-13-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pt7464 (Post 2080574)
I picked up the Aarons from a long-time autograph collector who got them years ago. He doesn't agree on the outcome and stands by the fact that he believes their 100% authentic. I am no expert at all but I did see many Aaron autos on ebay that were authenticated that looked a lot like the ones on the cards. But again I'm no expert but I did think they would pass.

Based on my own personal experience I believe those were ones obtained TTM

daves_resale_shop 03-13-2021 08:13 PM

Roberto

Did the roberto get a thumbs up?

J-Yo 03-13-2021 09:00 PM

Nice, I went yesterday and had a great experience with them too. I went 3/5, the 2 that failed I had suspicions, they were bought a few years ago before I used PSA quick opinion. Learned my lesson! They didn’t go into a ton of detail just said it wasn’t promising but I would definitely get letters for my 3 (Cobb, Collins and Speaker). I don’t get why I hear people slamming JSA, to me they’re the industry standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt7464 03-14-2021 11:32 AM

Clemente is 60/40 good. The authenticator at the on-site wasn’t sure so it was pushed up to a more senior person. I should know in 3 weeks.

pt7464 03-15-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Yo (Post 2080656)
Nice, I went yesterday and had a great experience with them too. I went 3/5, the 2 that failed I had suspicions, they were bought a few years ago before I used PSA quick opinion. Learned my lesson! They didn’t go into a ton of detail just said it wasn’t promising but I would definitely get letters for my 3 (Cobb, Collins and Speaker). I don’t get why I hear people slamming JSA, to me they’re the industry standard

I'm by no mean an expert on autographs or the different companies, I have sent cards into PSA and the experience was fine. My Dad has hundreds of vintage cards that his brothers and him collected when they were kids (hes 83)I have sent in few to PSA some grades I agreed with and some I did not, just like everyone else. When it comes to autographs I just want to know if by an expert opinion the auto is real. The cards I sent into JSA that I was able to get back in 2 hours I drought would have been any different if I would have sent them into PSA and waited 8 months. JSA was professional and at the end of the day I believe they all make mistakes on autos but they all probably do the best job they can.

shelly 03-15-2021 03:27 PM

They passed the Regi? He has a beautiful signature:confused:

mr2686 03-15-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 2081487)

I was thinking the same. :eek:

pt7464 03-15-2021 04:24 PM

Reggie

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 2081498)
I was thinking the same. :eek:

It passed! I checked out some of his signatures. and saw of few of his signature that matched the card, but again I saw some authenticated Aarons that looked like the ones I have???

Kaneen 03-15-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 2081487)

Reggie often just signed his first name like this when signing in person in Spring Training, etc.

As for Aaron, as someone stated above, those appear to be TTM secretarials. Hank was belived to have someone else signing his mail. TPAs sometimes mistakingly authenticate secretarial signatures, so it is not surprising that you can find "authenticated" examples that look like yours. There are tons of "authenticated" ghost signed TTM signatures out there by folks like:

"Mrs. Don Zimmer"
"Mrs. Willie Mays"
"Fernando Valenzuela's Personal Assistant"
"Hank Aaron's Secretary"

bjerome 03-19-2021 06:21 AM

I have seen the Reggie Jackson first name only signatures. During the later part of Reggie's career, he was known to do that.