Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PSA Photograph COA question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=295351)

Billyscards 01-24-2021 08:17 AM

PSA Photograph COA question

Hello all - hoping someone might be able to help me out or if Henry Yee is on here this gets his attention 😊

I acquired an item from the Babe Ruth personal collection and the photo was certified as type 1 with loa and recently the LOA was lost.

So my first question is how to go about getting replacement COA

And secondly, I’ve seen some photos from the Ruth collection stating “Ruth collection” on the encapsulated holder.. if the copy of the Ruth family loa is presented when submitted can that be listed on the holder.

Thanks in advance

swarmee 01-24-2021 08:21 AM

The answer to both is "Contact PSA"; either call them in the morning and wait for them to return it, or email them and wait a month to get a response.

Dardevl 01-24-2021 08:29 AM

From my experience, to correct a LOA you have to send in the (incorrect) LOA.

For a re-issue, you must submit the photo.

drcy 01-26-2021 11:35 AM

If it's got a serial numbered sticker and the info is online or printed out, I don't think a LOA really is needed. COAs get lost all the time, and so long as there is other documentation.

MLB.com has no LOA or COAs, just the hologram and the info online.

Jobu 01-27-2021 12:11 PM

I am going through this with a signed baseball right now - still in their case with the stickers intact. And it is a very distinctive ball, so no real chance it is no good. The replacement letter is $10-$15. They asked me to send photos - I sent good ones. Then they said I need to send the ball in anyway because their authentication sticker was on the LOA and not the ball itself. Not sure why this matters as the plastic cube is still sealed. Which seems pointless to me.

My initial email was Sept 12, I got the final answer and instructions Nov 11.

I am now trying again because it seems stupid that I have to pay to ship the ball both ways and have it sit at PSA for like 11 months just to get a new letter.

So, there is a small chance they will just let you pay for the letter, but be prepared to have to send the photo to them.

swarmee 01-30-2021 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2060842)
I am going through this with a signed baseball right now - still in their case with the stickers intact. And it is a very distinctive ball, so no real chance it is no good. The replacement letter is $10-$15. They asked me to send photos - I sent good ones. Then they said I need to send the ball in anyway because their authentication sticker was on the LOA and not the ball itself. Not sure why this matters as the plastic cube is still sealed. Which seems pointless to me.

My initial email was Sept 12, I got the final answer and instructions Nov 11.

I am now trying again because it seems stupid that I have to pay to ship the ball both ways and have it sit at PSA for like 11 months just to get a new letter.

So, there is a small chance they will just let you pay for the letter, but be prepared to have to send the photo to them.

They might be gunshy because of the Donald Spence 86 Fleer Jordan lawsuit.

swarmee 01-30-2021 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 2060419)
MLB.com has no LOA or COAs, just the hologram and the info online.

Just because it's currently viewable on a website doesn't mean it always will. I know one of the major auto companies lost like half of their certification database - Upper Deck?
So all of those cards/items have stickered cert numbers, but no way to validate them.

My recommendation: if you're depending on looking something up online to confirm it's authentic, make some screen captures or printouts to keep in a folder for when it comes time to sell. No telling what the future holds, like the new SGC Pop Report/Cert verification system not working properly.