Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Happiness is a new hockey season (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=325347)

butchie_t 09-24-2022 06:39 PM

Happiness is a new hockey season

Go Caps.

Rock the Red!

philliesfan 09-27-2022 01:05 PM

Happiness is..... The E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

And yes the start of Hockey....Go Flyers!

daves_resale_shop 09-27-2022 01:46 PM

Hockey season!!!

let's go B's!!!!!

mikemb 09-27-2022 08:36 PM

Go Rangers!!

Mike

Scott6043 09-28-2022 07:14 AM

Go Bluejackets!

Kurri17 09-28-2022 05:11 PM

Let's.....Go.....Blues!!!!!!

sedin26 10-02-2022 12:22 PM

Go Canucks!!

brad15 10-02-2022 12:35 PM

Lets... Go ... Blues!!!!

todeen 10-02-2022 04:35 PM

Rooting for the Kraken! Hoping for better than 2021-22.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

JimmyC 10-03-2022 07:51 AM

Go Isles and Go Canes!

Writehooks 10-03-2022 10:37 AM

From a longtime Colorado fan living in Oilers country: The Avs will get a run for their money from the St. Louis Blues, but will repeat as Stanley Cup championships. And I wouldn't trade MacKinnon for McDavid straight up ...

quinnsryche 10-03-2022 03:18 PM

Go Hawks!!! Ugh....

rjackson44 10-04-2022 08:57 AM

go habs lol

Jim65 10-08-2022 04:46 AM

First time in a while that I'm optimistic that my Devils can make the playoffs.

sedin26 10-20-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedin26 (Post 2269336)
Go Canucks!!

Uhhhhh….maybe next year.

irv 10-21-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedin26 (Post 2275710)
Uhhhhh….maybe next year.

I was thinking just the other day who was going to be fired first? Boudreau or Keefe?
A much needed win for the Leaf's last night, but if they don't keep building on that, I give Keefe 3 weeks or so before he is let go.

Dubas too, possibly?

bigfanNY 11-17-2022 03:19 PM

How bout them devils !!

irv 11-17-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfanNY (Post 2284547)
How bout them devils !!

I'm hoping the Leaf's can stop their winning streak tonight (just underway) but my hopes aren't high.
Love this response from Jack from the reporter's stupid question. :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFv-Wbo0Zr0

todeen 11-17-2022 10:32 PM

A new year of skate lessons and intro to hockey. Classes have been delayed as local organization starts partnership with the Kraken.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3178ccfdcf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...00f34f4628.jpg

irv 11-18-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2284680)
A new year of skate lessons and intro to hockey. Classes have been delayed as local organization starts partnership with the Kraken.

Nice, Tim. :)

Surprised, however, that it doesn't look like hockey helmets are mandatory for these skate lessons/intro to hockey sessions?
When I took my son to stick and puck, even I had to have a hockey helmet on at all times.

todeen 11-19-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2284876)
Nice, Tim. :)

Surprised, however, that it doesn't look like hockey helmets are mandatory for these skate lessons/intro to hockey sessions?

When I took my son to stick and puck, even I had to have a hockey helmet on at all times.

They are not mandatory for skate lessons. Maybe 80% of the kids wear them though. My son has one but chooses not to wear it. No sticks or pucks are allowed on ice during skate lessons. However, learn to play hockey is mandatory which is why he has a helmet.

Edit: I probably should add helmets is a battle I've chosen not to fight with my son. My son is a stubborn son of a gun. He's 9 yo. I save my energy for the fight about showers, teeth brushing, and practicing piano.

irv 11-19-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2285134)
They are not mandatory for skate lessons. Maybe 80% of the kids wear them though. My son has one but chooses not to wear it. No sticks or pucks are allowed on ice during skate lessons. However, learn to play hockey is mandatory which is why he has a helmet.

It's likely the "trainer" in me and all the courses I've taken to obtain that title that is coming out in me and why I asked? :)
Just knowing our rules are different, I was just curious on yours is all.

Speaking of the Seattle Kraken, my old supervisor, John Goodwin, is now scouting for them. He is great friends with Ron Francis, which started back in their playing days for the OHL Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. He was also the assistant coach/coach of the Oshawa Generals for a few years.
I met "Goody" back in 89 at DNGS (Nuke plant) and worked with him for around 2-3 yrs.
He was a heck of a hockey player during his day but his stint in the NHL didn't work out as planned as he got drafted by Montreal, and because of the play the French guys first attitude, he never had an opportunity. Too bad as I honestly think he would have made a great NHL'r.
https://www.facebook.com/OHGOntario/...990657/?type=3
https://soogreyhounds.com/article/mo...dwin-was-great

Anyways, sorry for getting off track here. All the best to your son and his hockey dream. :)

todeen 11-19-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2285172)
It's likely the "trainer" in me and all the courses I've taken to obtain that title that is coming out in me and why I asked? :)

Just knowing our rules are different, I was just curious on yours is all.

Speaking of the Seattle Kraken, my old supervisor, John Goodwin, is now scouting for them. He is great friends with Ron Francis, which started back in their playing days for the OHL Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. He was also the assistant coach/coach of the Oshawa Generals for a few years.

I met "Goody" back in 89 at DNGS (Nuke plant) and worked with him for around 2-3 yrs.

He was a heck of a hockey player during his day but his stint in the NHL didn't work out as planned as he got drafted by Montreal, and because of the play the French guys first attitude, he never had an opportunity. Too bad as I honestly think he would have made a great NHL'r.

https://www.facebook.com/OHGOntario/...990657/?type=3

https://soogreyhounds.com/article/mo...dwin-was-great

Anyways, sorry for getting off track here. All the best to your son and his hockey dream. :)

That's a cool association!

I got an update about learn to play hockey and why it's on the back burner. As NHL moves into our Eastern WA region, they are creating a tiered system of approval. They don't want Spokane Youth Hockey to be like the YMCA, where young kids without training and skating skills are the majority. So new recruits must be "invited" to move up the ladder. They must be invited/approved out of learn to skate, then invited out of learn to play. I was originally told this would start in December, but now the date is pushed back to February. Supposedly this is more like the Canadian system.

irv 11-20-2022 08:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2285179)
That's a cool association!

I got an update about learn to play hockey and why it's on the back burner. As NHL moves into our Eastern WA region, they are creating a tiered system of approval. They don't want Spokane Youth Hockey to be like the YMCA, where young kids without training and skating skills are the majority. So new recruits must be "invited" to move up the ladder. They must be invited/approved out of learn to skate, then invited out of learn to play. I was originally told this would start in December, but now the date is pushed back to February. Supposedly this is more like the Canadian system.

That's not a system I am familiar with here in Ontario but it could be different in other Provinces?

Here in Ontario, or at least in my neck of the woods in Southern Ontario, we have house league/church league where any player can sign up and play no matter what their skill level is. All kids are welcome, including girls.

We also have a Rep system, AE, A, AA and AAA which are all based on skill level/acceptance to the team via tryouts.
If you're an excellent player, of course your chances of making AAA are great and it goes down from there.

Some kids in house/church league, due to the costs of rep, among other things, may decide to stay there despite their skill level and skip rep.
With church/house league, all kids are supposed to get equal ice time despite their skill level, and for the most part they do.

Within the house/church league, for those that can't afford Rep hockey or choose not to play, we have a "Select" system where players, who choose to sign up, can try out. Each team is only allowed 20 players so of course not all that tryout make it.
This select team, obviously, has more games/tournaments and practices and is a cheaper way, despite the added costs of course, for house/church league kids to play at a higher level.

My son didn't start playing hockey until he was 8 yrs old, and only decided to because the vast majority of his friends did. Despite his late start, compared to many kids, he was determined to catch up so we signed him up for whatever he wanted, including hockey camps, 4 on 4 and of course stick and puck once to 3 times a week. School always came first though.
I miss those days bigtime now and still wish he was playing but when he turned 18, due to his age, and his interest waning, he was no longer eligible for rep or house league hockey.

todeen 09-11-2023 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Reviving an old thread. Son just joined 10U House. Trying out goalie at the weekly clinic.Attachment 588817

rjackson44 09-12-2023 08:59 AM

go habs

Chuck9788 09-18-2023 03:55 AM

Let's go Golden Knights!!! Back to back!!!

Scott6043 09-18-2023 05:28 AM

Should be an interesting year for my Bluejackets, hopefully things turn out ok

irv 09-18-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2372200)
Reviving an old thread. Son just joined 10U House. Trying out goalie at the weekly clinic.

Nice!
Did he he make it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott6043 (Post 2373820)
Should be an interesting year for my Bluejackets, hopefully things turn out ok

Babcock gone before he even coached one game. I was curious after his 4 yr absence if he had changed any but we all know that answer now.

todeen 09-18-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2373905)
Nice!

Did he he make it?

He was "drafted" for defense. But the goalie clinic is for anyone. He will probably continue going to the clinic. He liked the first week.

Tim

bigfanNY 09-18-2023 09:40 PM

Let's go de-vils!!!