Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Great Cobb print out (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=305703)

chriskim 07-28-2021 07:30 PM

A Great Cobb print out

1 Attachment(s)
I was thinking to blow up this amazing Cobb print out as wall paper to put it in my shop then realize it has a major flaw.... what a bummer!

Blunder19 07-28-2021 08:57 PM

Hey Chris,

this picture would be better if you wanted to blow up a picture and frame it..

https://i.imgur.com/Fv765Gkh.jpg

But if your at the national they made posters of the run... they sent me pictures below... stop by their booth and grab a copy if your at the show...

https://i.imgur.com/g3HbESZh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jwuFcPth.jpg

Casey2296 07-28-2021 09:03 PM

I thought that was your collection when I saw it Jamie, one of the greatest feats of T206 card collecting. I wish you the very best at the auction.

Blunder19 07-28-2021 09:52 PM

Thank you Phil... I thoroughly enjoyed the journey to 30. Should be an exciting auction.

ullmandds 07-28-2021 10:19 PM

good luck jamie...the run to end all runs! I'd love one of those posters!

chriskim 07-29-2021 04:02 AM

Wish you best of luck Jamie! May be HA will include those posters in the mail when they mail the catalog.

MVSNYC 07-29-2021 08:07 AM

Chris, with all due respect, since this is an exciting event for Jamie, and an historic auction offering, maybe you consider changing the thread title to something more positive? Just a thought.

Good luck, Jamie! I'm bidding.

bnorth 07-29-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2128007)

+1 on everything Pete posted.

Leon 07-29-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2128076)
Chris, with all due respect, since this is an exciting event for Jamie, and an historic auction offering, maybe you consider changing the thread title to something more positive? Just a thought.

Done. Moderator privileges and all.....
Good luck, Jamie. It is a great run.

Seven 07-29-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunder19 (Post 2128004)
Thank you Phil... I thoroughly enjoyed the journey to 30. Should be an exciting auction.

Jamie,

I apologize if I'm a little behind, but correct me if I'm wrong, you're selling your Cobb Run, through Heritage?

- James

Blunder19 07-29-2021 08:37 AM

thanks guys...

yes Steve the cobb run is being sold through heritage. the auction ends 8/21-8/22

mrreality68 07-29-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunder19 (Post 2128094)
thanks guys...

yes Steve the cobb run is being sold through heritage. the auction ends 8/21-8/22

Amazing Run being sold.

So many great and rare backs.

Good Luck with it

insidethewrapper 07-29-2021 09:45 AM

Are these 30 the complete collection of Cobb Red Portrait backs ? If not, how many Cobb Red Portrait cards are their in the T206 set and all others total ?

chriskim 07-29-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2128076)

I think Leon changed it. Thx Leon.

(HA messed up the Ty Cobb back with a Drum in their hand out.... how can they made a mistake on the main card.. :confused:)

Rhotchkiss 07-29-2021 09:53 AM

In my opinion, Jamie's Red Cobb back Run is as big a T206 accomplishment possible. Its a shame its being broken up, but all good things must eventually end, and its truly incredible that one person once owned a front-back example of every T206 Red Cobb, including T213/T214.

MVSNYC 07-29-2021 10:11 AM

Chris, I agree, and they made another small error on the poster, that I won't point out, but your point is well noted...it was a "fumble" that they messed up a few details on the marketing collateral. They were probably rushing to get it done prior to the Nat'l.

My larger point, was that this thread, the one you started, is becoming (rightfully so) a celebration of Jamie's incredible Cobb run, so I thought the title should be more positive. Yes, Leon corrected it.

All good.

RedsFan1941 07-29-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 2128130)
Chris, I agree, and they made another small error on the poster, that I won't point out, but your point is well noted...it was a "fumble" that they messed up a few details on the marketing collateral. They were probably rushing to get it done prior to the Nat'l.

My larger point, was that this thread, the one you started, is becoming (rightfully so) a celebration of Jamie's incredible Cobb run, so I thought the title should be more positive. Yes, Leon corrected it.

All good.

i’ll be bidding!!!!

Casey2296 07-29-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidethewrapper (Post 2128117)
Are these 30 the complete collection of Cobb Red Portrait backs ? If not, how many Cobb Red Portrait cards are their in the T206 set and all others total ?

Yes, 30 is a complete run, the chances of seeing someone else do what Jamie did is very very small. Enjoy them all together, you'll never see it again.

ValKehl 07-30-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2128361)
Yes, 30 is a complete run, the chances of seeing someone else do what Jamie did is very very small. Enjoy them all together, you'll never see it again.

Phil, my guess is that a collector with deep pockets will win all the the key cards in the auction to replicate this incredible back run. I hope Ryan H. is paying attention (hi Ryan)!

maniac_73 07-30-2021 09:28 AM

Very impressive! I will be living vicariously through the bidders lol

frankbmd 07-30-2021 11:05 AM

The toes should add value.

Casey2296 07-30-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValKehl (Post 2128470)
Phil, my guess is that a collector with deep pockets will win all the the key cards in the auction to replicate this incredible back run. I hope Ryan H. is paying attention (hi Ryan)!

I agree Val, It's an incredible run Jamie built and would fit nicely with Ryan's collection, couldn't go to a nicer guy and would love to see it "stay in the net54 family". It'd be a shame to end up in a locked hedge fund vault never to be seen again.

Jacklitsch 07-30-2021 11:40 AM

If 30 is the number it may be missing one as I noticed a Coupon in there.

Regardless, AWESOME!

Blunder19 07-30-2021 02:07 PM

There are 30 tobacco red cobbs in all... 4 T213 Coupons.. 1 T214 Victory.. and 25 T206s ( one of which includes the Cobb back)

this collection features all 30 confirmed Red Cobb Portraits..... all 25 T206s.. all 4 T213s and the T214 Victory.

I am sure they will find their way to a good home..

MuncieNolePAZ 07-30-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunder19 (Post 2128621)
There are 30 tobacco red cobbs in all... 4 T213 Coupons.. 1 T214 Victory.. and 25 T206s ( one of which includes the Cobb back)

this collection features all 30 confirmed Red Cobb Portraits..... all 25 T206s.. all 4 T213s and the T214 Victory.

Jamie,
I am pretty sure I look at your photo of all the Red Cobbs probably once a week. Such an amazing feat. I have 6 of the 30. All super low grade and none of them really difficult, but have enjoyed and been really excited each time I can acquire another. Your collection has been quite the inspiration. Thanks for sharing the journey over the years.

Chad

Exhibitman 07-30-2021 08:21 PM

That run is amazing. The T213-T214 subsection especially. I hope it makes you a millionaire, Jamie.

Is there a kind soul at the show who could pick up a poster for me?

mrreality68 07-30-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuncieNolePAZ (Post 2128693)
Jamie,
I am pretty sure I look at your photo of all the Red Cobbs probably once a week. Such an amazing feat. I have 6 of the 30. All super low grade and none of them really difficult, but have enjoyed and been really excited each time I can acquire another. Your collection has been quite the inspiration. Thanks for sharing the journey over the years.

Chad

Agreed
Amazing Job

Rhotchkiss 07-30-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValKehl (Post 2128470)

Hi Val! And Phil, thanks for the kind words. Jamie and I did in fact speak (several times) before he decided to sell the run. Ultimately, I encouraged him to consign the cards, and I think he made the right decision listing them with Heritage. I expect Jamie will do very well.

mrreality68 07-31-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2128738)
Hi Val! And Phil, thanks for the kind words. Jamie and I did in fact speak (several times) before he decided to sell the run. Ultimately, I encouraged him to consign the cards, and I think he made the right decision listing them with Heritage. I expect Jamie will do very well.

Ryan

Wouldn't it been nice if you would have bought the run and then given some of the cards out to members on the forum or have a Closest to Guess the price contest on some ebay selling Cards and Give these away as Prizes???

Rhotchkiss 07-31-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2128783)
Ryan

Wouldn't it been nice if you would have bought the run and then given some of the cards out to members on the forum or have a Closest to Guess the price contest on some ebay selling Cards and Give these away as Prizes???

Honestly, the back run is a real tough thing to buy in its entirety. First, anyone capable of buying the back run almost certainly already has several of the Cobbs and does not want to buy duplicates. Second, valuation is exceedingly difficult in this market. Third, assuming the parties can get past these first two matters, there is the question of whether that’s where the buyer wants to put $1mm+, especially given today’s pricing. That’s why consigning then to a top
AH and selling each card individually makes the most sense and will likely get Jamie the best results.

However, had I cut a deal with Jamie on the back run, I most certainly would have used them as prizes for guess-the-price competitions (I very wise use of $1mm+!!!!!).

mrreality68 07-31-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2128820)
Honestly, the back run is a real tough thing to buy in its entirety. First, anyone capable of buying the back run almost certainly already has several of the Cobbs and does not want to buy duplicates. Second, valuation is exceedingly difficult in this market. Third, assuming the parties can get past these first two matters, there is the question of whether that’s where the buyer wants to put $1mm+, especially given today’s pricing. That’s why consigning then to a top
AH and selling each card individually makes the most sense and will likely get Jamie the best results.

However, had I cut a deal with Jamie on the back run, I most certainly would have used them as prizes for guess-the-price competitions (I very wise use of $1mm+!!!!!).

WE all agree on all you Points Ryan
Especially agree that the Prize are a Great use of the $1mmm cards

Think big picture
1. Draws more members to the Net54Baseball Forum
2. Get's more members more involved in participating in the Forum
3. Creates Excitement in the Card Collection Industry
4. It will be a Social Media Frenzy about the Giveaways
5. You can be famous on Twitter, TikTok, WeChat, FaceBook and sp much more
6. Last Think of all the children (or adults) you will make happy

But Either way We are all Hoping Jamie Get's the most from this Auction possible

todeen 07-31-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2128007)

How do you get a poster if you're not at the national?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MuncieNolePAZ 07-31-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2128842)

Not that this really helps, but I had a buddy that was going to National pick me up one.

Chad

MuncieNolePAZ 07-31-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

I am not picky Ryan. I would be willing to take any of the doubles if that helps. Lol.

Chad

mrreality68 07-31-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuncieNolePAZ (Post 2128871)
I am not picky Ryan. I would be willing to take any of the doubles if that helps. Lol.

Chad

See Ryan. There are people here that care for you and want to help you out. There willing to Sacrifice for you so you can execute the Big Plan and to Help the Secret To your Success

Rhotchkiss 07-31-2021 11:56 AM

Lol!!

MuncieNolePAZ 08-03-2021 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2128842)

Not quite the original Heritage poster, but I scanned front and back. Hope that helps.

Part of the bottom writing did get cut off.
"Featuring the Ty Cobb Red Portrait Collection"
"View All Lots and Bid at HA.com/50045"

Chad

mrreality68 08-03-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuncieNolePAZ (Post 2129825)
Not quite the original Heritage poster, but I scanned front and back. Hope that helps.

Part of the bottom writing did get cut off.
"Featuring the Ty Cobb Red Portrait Collection"
"View All Lots and Bid at HA.com/50045"

Chad

Very nice job and very helpfull

Thanks

RedsFan1941 08-19-2021 02:17 PM

so in this “auction” for the red cobb collection, every card has a reserve with many of the reserves completely unrealistic. heritage is being used as a glorified BST.

brianp-beme 08-19-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2135828)
so in this “auction” for the red cobb collection, every card has a reserve with many of the reserves completely unrealistic. heritage is being used as a glorified BST.

As of a couple of hours ago when I checked, only one of the extreme rarities had gotten a bid (the Ty Cobb back). Certainly a real auction would produce more interest/excitement...high reserves just kill enthusiasm.

Brian

chadeast 08-19-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2135838)
As of a couple of hours ago when I checked, only one of the extreme rarities had gotten a bid (the Ty Cobb back). Certainly a real auction would produce more interest/excitement...high reserves just kill enthusiasm.

Brian

Agreed, but I sure can't blame Jamie for wanting to protect himself. Selling 30 Cobb red portraits at once, especially rare and high value ones, is bound to over-saturate the market and lead to lower realized prices than hoped. There are only so many collectors out there who want and can afford some of these cards, and even they have limits to how many they can pick up in any one given auction.

I'm still in complete awe of this accomplishment.

chriskim 08-19-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2135828)

Now we know why Ryan didn't buy the whole run privately.

Heritage needs some crazy stuffs to show off at the National since they didn't get that SGC-3 Wagner, I don't think HA mind being used as a ad vehicle. It works both ways....

RedsFan1941 08-19-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadeast (Post 2135845)
Agreed, but I sure can't blame Jamie for wanting to protect himself. Selling 30 Cobb red portraits at once, especially rare and high value ones, is bound to over-saturate the market and lead to lower realized prices than hoped. There are only so many collectors out there who want and can afford some of these cards, and even they have limits to how many they can pick up in any one given auction.

I'm still in complete awe of this accomplishment.

protect himself?!?! we are in the midst of the strongest baseball card market of our lifetime. if he wanted to protect himself he could have put his ego on the shelf and not sent all of the Cobbs to auction at one time. these are t206s, the most liquid baseball card there is. if he wants protection, get vaccinated and wear a mask.

BRoberts 08-19-2021 03:46 PM

I tend to agree. Looking at those reserves, they seem to be more about greed than protection. However, it takes two to tango, and if Heritage was willing to take them under those conditions, then so be it. Maybe they don't mind being the Texas version of Dean's Cards.

chadeast 08-19-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2135865)
protect himself?!?! we are in the midst of the strongest baseball card market of our lifetime. if he wanted to protect himself he could have put his ego on the shelf and not sent all of the Cobbs to auction at one time.

I don't disagree with you.

Sean 08-19-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2135865)
protect himself?!?! we are in the midst of the strongest baseball card market of our lifetime. if he wanted to protect himself he could have put his ego on the shelf and not sent all of the Cobbs to auction at one time. these are t206s, the most liquid baseball card there is. if he wants protection, get vaccinated and wear a mask.

Or maybe he just changed his mind about selling.

jasonraider 08-19-2021 05:50 PM

Questions about the cobbs

Just curious did the guy who owned all the cobbs decided he didn't really want to sell any or what happened there does anyone know?

jasonraider 08-19-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunder19 (Post 2128621)
there are 30 tobacco red cobbs in all... 4 t213 coupons.. 1 t214 victory.. And 25 t206s ( one of which includes the cobb back)

this collection features all 30 confirmed red cobb portraits..... All 25 t206s.. All 4 t213s and the t214 victory.

pm sent

chriskim 08-19-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Just read Ryan's reply again and definitely show Ryan is such a classy gentleman.

bnorth 08-19-2021 06:44 PM

Did anyone grab an extra one of the posters from the AH? I know I would like to have one.

That was quick. Thank you Phil.:)