Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Curly Lambeau Autograph Help. Huggins and Scott? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=212141)

LCBaseballCollector 09-29-2015 04:36 PM

Curly Lambeau Autograph Help. Huggins and Scott?

1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys make of this? Says it was offered in Huggins and Scott (maybe they can chime in) but can't find this sale on the site. Does it look right or should I be suspicious, which I think I am by bringing attention to it here. Thank you in advance.

Maddog 09-29-2015 08:16 PM

That doesn't look like Curley's signature. At least none that I have seen. Way to neat & clean.
I think it's cut from a program.

Duluth Eskimo 09-29-2015 09:23 PM

Please use common sense.

Teamgluck 09-30-2015 04:01 PM

That looks like a beautifully neat signature

I wonder how long the forger practiced for

RichardSimon 09-30-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamgluck (Post 1457586)
That looks like a beautifully neat signature

I wonder how long the forger practiced for

That would depend on how much the forger is asking for it.

RichardSimon 09-30-2015 04:11 PM

OP - Where is this being offered and for how much?
Is it actually a GPC as the COA states?

Maddog 10-01-2015 12:10 PM

Richard,

It is a GPC- Great Piece of Crap.

Charlie.

prewarsports 10-01-2015 08:14 PM

Is that really an autograph that was offered by Huggins and Scott or is someone using a copy of a cert with a different autograph to try and legitimize the fake?

RichardSimon 10-02-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prewarsports (Post 1457913)
Is that really an autograph that was offered by Huggins and Scott or is someone using a copy of a cert with a different autograph to try and legitimize the fake?

Not accusing anyone but I think some or many of us have long felt that questionable autographs show up here as sort of a test to see if they can get something into the market.

Maddog 10-02-2015 09:11 AM

Yeah, but when a relative novice like myself sees it's a fake in 2 seconds then that's a pretty damn bad fake!:D:D

LCBaseballCollector 10-03-2015 12:34 PM

Oops...

Actually, forget about it. I need a Lambeau for a friend and unknowingly someone sent me the scan. I trust Huggins and Scott (wish the would have come on here) but the item was actually in the last Coach's Corner Sports Auction which ended on Friday, so I think we all know the answer here. Faking certs seems to be their new marketing plan.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=468093

RichardSimon 10-03-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCBaseballCollector (Post 1458318)
Actually, forget about it. I need a Lambeau for a friend and unknowingly someone sent me the scan. I trust Huggins and Scott (wish the would have come on here) but the item was actually in the last Coach's Corner Sports Auction which ended on Friday, so I think we all know the answer here. Faking certs seems to be their new marketing plan.

It is a rare unused GPC in this CC auction for the Lambeau,,, always a sure sign of "authenticity".
Ron Dross used to forge those unused GPC's. (the grandfather of sports forgeries, he was infamous for the 1000's of B&W HOF plak forgeries).
He is dead now. But his copycats are everywhere.

Duluth Eskimo 10-03-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCBaseballCollector (Post 1458318)

I am confused by what you are asking. You say you wish Huggins and Scott would have come on here? It is a blatant forgery with a blatant forged letter. It looks like it was signed yesterday. They are on "here" and not sure what else they would say. You say you need it for a friend. Must be a hell of a friend as legit Lambeau signed items sell themselves.

RichardSimon 10-03-2015 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1458360)
I am confused by what you are asking. You say you wish Huggins and Scott would have come on here? It is a blatant forgery with a blatant forged letter. It looks like it was signed yesterday. They are on "here" and not sure what else they would say. You say you need it for a friend. Must be a hell of a friend as legit Lambeau signed items sell themselves.

+1
This whole thing sounds weird.

hugginsandscott 10-03-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCBaseballCollector (Post 1457261)
What do you guys make of this? Says it was offered in Huggins and Scott (maybe they can chime in) but can't find this sale on the site. Does it look right or should I be suspicious, which I think I am by bringing attention to it here. Thank you in advance.

this is not from our auction. I have not idea what it is, but we have lot numbers on our auction LOA's, and we've never had a lot number "10098"
Not sure what the scam is, but it didn't originate from our auction.
Sorry.
Josh
Vice President
huggins and scott auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com

earlywynnfan 10-04-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugginsandscott (Post 1458475)
this is not from our auction. I have not idea what it is, but we have lot numbers on our auction LOA's, and we've never had a lot number "10098"
Not sure what the scam is, but it didn't originate from our auction.
Sorry.
Josh
Vice President
huggins and scott auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com

Just as we figured. Josh, don't know if you want to step in the quicksand, but I'd be very interested to hear the details of a phone call to CC from you, letting them know about this particular fraudulent item.

Ken

RichardSimon 10-04-2015 04:17 PM

Ken,
The only one claiming this came from Huggins & Scott is the OP. I don't see anything on the CC sight about H&S.
Like I said earlier this whole thing is weird (it does not pass my smell test).

earlywynnfan 10-04-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1458674)
Ken,
The only one claiming this came from Huggins & Scott is the OP. I don't see anything on the CC sight about H&S.
Like I said earlier this whole thing is weird (it does not pass my smell test).

When I click on the link to the CC auction, it shows the same LOA with "Huggins and..." Seems to me CC is included the forged Huggins and Scott/JSA cert.

RichardSimon 10-04-2015 06:52 PM

Ken,
An oversight on my part, sorry about that. I was looking at the CC description and then the text at the bottom of the COA, not the text above that cert. number. Obviously a fake COA.

LCBaseballCollector 10-07-2015 04:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, I wasn't mistaken Richard who I have purchased from (a long time ago, not much of a collector anymore) and consider one of the better dealers out there. I still have a Dizzy Dean on the wall I matted and framed up, my favorite player. The fact that "the Coach" can get away with this is mind blowing and not to mention criminal as whoever consigned this, somewhere there was an attempted to deceive which is a crime. In the auction that just ended, three funnies to point out, the first two from the guy who dates his balls.

1) A Barry Halper "authenticated" Barack Obama signed softball. First off, does that look like a softball to any of you? Second of all, Halper died on December 18, 2005. Barack Obama assumed office on January 20, 2009. Most of these letters are from the mid to late 1980's (when I guess Barry Halper was a dealer, who knew) and there is no mention of the date from this letter.

2) How pleased do you think this consignor is with this Anson price? It's a beauty at 100 years old. They had a 102 more items that came from the Ed Doherty Jr. Collection; a baseball executive who died in 1971.

3) Seriously? This lot of index cards sold for $17. Doesn't all the handwriting kind of look familiar?

LCBaseballCollector 11-13-2015 11:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a mind blowing update as I still search for a Lambeau. Well get this, last month, Coach's Corner had another Lambeau, this time with a PSA/DNA certificate from American Memorabilia and looks like the same hand, doesn't it? And then this month, another. How is any of this legal? Shaking my head.

Teamgluck 11-14-2015 09:53 AM

I expect some people from that scam will see jail time at some point