Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This Is Strange (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=80741)

Archive 04-09-2006 01:49 AM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Why would you buy 3 cards on March 31 for $65 plus shipping and turn around in 10 days and sell them for $50?<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-PSA-Lot-3-Cards_W0QQitemZ8793184304QQcategoryZ31718QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-PSA-Lot-3-Cards_W0QQitemZ8793184304QQcategoryZ31718QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem</a><br /><br />The sellers feedback isn't the greatest and this really throwws up more flags.<br /><br />Lee

Archive 04-09-2006 07:55 AM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Lee how do you know he bought them? I see these cards were or are Levi's.<br /><br />and like you said his feedback swcreams scammer, like this gem:<br /><br />Didn't have what he sold, but promptly returned payment.. No bad fellings.<br /> Buyer j_hanko ( 341) Jun-30-05 18:36 6780197422 <br /> Follow-up by j_hanko: BAD FEELINGS NOW! HIS REFUND FAILED! FRAUD CHARGES FILED! <br /><br />Steve<br /><br /><br /><br />ahh I see ............in his feedback, levi did indeed leave feedback. My guess? he will send an empty box to a buyer with del confirmation, or just do an out and out scam and not send anything. He will then string the buyer along claiming a refund has been sent as is his MO.<br /><br />

Archive 04-09-2006 10:14 AM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Trae R.</b><p>I am the seller of the lot... thank you for brightening my morning. I would try to explain both of the items you've brought to light, but neither are any of your business. Speculate as you will, it wouldn't be the first time I'e watched board members go at each other... you can count me out of the argument though.<br /><br />I don't owe any of you an explanation for the bad feedback, but I'm far from a scammer, and those were unfortunate circumstances. I am confident I've built some credibility with the members here. I'll leave it at that.

Archive 04-09-2006 10:25 AM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>You are absolutely correct; no explanations needed. Count me amongst those that will not risk bidding on your items however.

Archive 04-09-2006 12:33 PM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>I agree that the buy/sell do not seem logical and that there is no explanation owed.<br /><br />I'm not trying to turn a thread about an oddity into a referendum on someone's character. But for the sake of balance I will note that I have dealt w/Trae in pvt sales via BST with no problem whatsoever. <br /><br />Joann

Archive 04-09-2006 12:45 PM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>ScottIngold</b><p>Trae has always been square with me as well regarding BST stuff.

Archive 04-09-2006 12:49 PM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Seth B.</b><p>I'll vouch for Trae as well. I had a recent B/S/T transaction with him that went smoothly.

Archive 04-09-2006 02:28 PM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>.</b><p>.

Archive 04-09-2006 02:40 PM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Trae R.</b><p>Much appreciated, although I didn't feel like I had to prove anything, I will semi-explain. Those transactions were not even remotely baseball card related, and I just happened to fall into a weird situation - that's life. All of the money from those transactions has since been refunded in full, but the feedback was never replied to or corrected/removed - I'm okay with that - I understand. If it wasn't taken care of I wouldn't have a PayPal or eBay account still.<br /><br />I've spent over a thousand dollars in B/S/T recently, while that's not saying much for some of you, that's a fair amount of money to me. I also understand B/S/T doesn't say much for my eBay feedback, but I would apprecite it if my character and/or overall reputation here wasn't tarnished for something no one knows the facts on. I've never given anyone here a reason to think unfondly of me, and I don't plan on it.<br /><br />Nor do I think my buying and selling habits, however radical they may get, should raise flags. If I find an expensive card I want I will sell cheaper cards at lower prices to make quick sales so I can round up the money to buy the more expensive card. I have 50 or so more T206's going up on the bay soon to do just that. I am an impulse buyer, that's the way it is. I am confident many of you can relate.<br /><br />I'm done pleading my case. If you don't want to bid on my auctions then don't, simple as that. I understand why.

Archive 04-09-2006 07:19 PM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Trae<br /><br />Not for nothing but feedback is what many of us go by. However many here can vouch for you and that is a positive. Thanks for coming and explaining your side.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive 04-10-2006 06:11 AM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Lee B.<br /><br />I don't find this "strange" at all.....every day on Ebay, I see lower Graded<br /> cards going for prices that have to be less than the seller has invested in.<br /><br />For example tougher Hi #s (either in post-War or pre-War cards) that are only<br />graded Ex (or less) are being won by only a single bid, that is typically $10.<br /><br />At a live show (in my case at Philly) I can usually sell the same "raw" card for<br /> at least twice that amount. So, when you consider a given card, that the seller<br />has paid $15 (or $20) to have graded and the usual ebay fees and include the<br /> initial cost of that card, it just doesn't make any sense to me. I do not under-<br />stand why sellers do this. But, after all is said and done, it is not really any of<br /> my concern, anyhow.<br />I just hope for the seller's sake, he is able to have other listed cards that result<br /> in profits for him....in order to make up for these losing ones.<br /><br />NO....there is really nothing "strange" with Trae's transaction....it is an everyday<br /> occurence, many times over on Ebay.<br /><br />

Archive 04-10-2006 11:08 AM

This Is Strange

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Ted, <br /><br />Why wouldn't you at least make your BIN what you have into the card which is a reasonable price for what he paid and let the auction run if the BIN is not hit. That is what is odd to me.<br /><br />Trae, I am not looking for a response from you the whole situation no matter who it was seemed oout to me. You have your reasons and that is fine.<br /><br />Lee