Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Boom! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=211844)

GoCubsGo32 09-22-2015 02:57 PM

Boom!

What else is there to say?! BOOM! :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASEBALL-FOO...item1ea483132f

btcarfagno 09-22-2015 03:10 PM

Cardinal Rule 1:

Never post to Ebay while drunk.

Ever.

Tom C

Duluth Eskimo 09-22-2015 04:21 PM

But the Gehrig can easily be read from over 10 feet away. What's the problem.

RichardSimon 09-22-2015 06:31 PM

Look at the Ali's that this clown is selling.
Not only should people not be drunk but they should have finished Junior High School English class.

Fuddjcal 09-22-2015 06:42 PM

what an nincompoop...boom:D

jgmp123 09-23-2015 07:21 AM

My favorite part of this auction is the spelling award he deserves....

“this is extreamly old auto magazine sheet and phot all jsabpsa andvother encripted”

Leon 09-23-2015 08:05 AM

Now that one is funny....BOOM!!

RichardSimon 09-23-2015 08:28 AM

This seller is a real low grade moron.
His feedback as a seller is zero, all his feedback is as a buyer.
His spelling and ad construction shows a total lack of any education past the third grade.
Does he really think he can sell anything?
He is a real low grade moron.

Fuddjcal 09-23-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1455217)
His spelling and ad construction shows a total lack of any education past the third grade.

Had a nice spit up of coffee over the different grades of Moron. "Low grade" as opposed to a high grade moron.:D I never knew there was a specific grade and I'm the KING of Morons! Boom

btcarfagno 09-23-2015 10:59 AM

Maybe he's the much stupider brother of Emeril Lagasse.

BOOM!!

Tom C

steve B 09-23-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1455255)
Had a nice spit up of coffee over the different grades of Moron. "Low grade" as opposed to a high grade moron.:D I never knew there was a specific grade and I'm the KING of Morons! Boom

I wonder if he could be slabbed? And what grade do you think he'd get?

What company would be best? :D

Steve B

RichardSimon 09-23-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1455281)
I wonder if he could be slabbed? And what grade do you think he'd get?

What company would be best? :D

Steve B

PSA would be best. Since they advertise a lot I think they can promote a new moron grading system and they would love to grade this moron.

egri 09-23-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1455328)
PSA would be best. Since they advertise a lot I think they can promote a new moron grading system and they would love to grade this moron.

I would think GAI, since it takes one to grade one. :D

Leon 09-24-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1455328)

But will they eventually go to half grade morons, to increase profits, is the question?

frankbmd 09-24-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1455217)

I only deal with high grade morons.;)

Exhibitman 09-25-2015 11:13 AM

Perhaps this would be of help in establishing the new service:

Cretin is the oldest and comes from a dialectal French word for Christian. The implication was that people with significant intellectual or developmental disabilities were "still human" (or "still Christian") and deserved to be treated with basic human dignity. Individuals with the condition were considered to be incapable of sinning, thus "christ-like" in their disposition. This term has not been used in scientific endeavors since the middle of the 20th century and is generally considered a term of abuse. Although cretin is no longer in use, the term cretinism is still used to refer to the mental and physical disability resulting from untreated congenital hypothyroidism. And remember, there's no stoppin' the cretins from hoppin'.

Idiot indicated the greatest degree of intellectual disability, where the mental age is two years or less, and the person cannot guard himself or herself against common physical dangers. The term was gradually replaced by the term profound mental retardation (which has itself since been replaced by other terms).

Imbecile indicated an intellectual disability less extreme than idiocy and not necessarily inherited. It is now usually subdivided into two categories, known as severe intellectual disability and moderate intellectual disability.

Moron was defined by the American Association for the Study of the Feeble-minded in 1910, following work by Henry H. Goddard, as the term for an adult with a mental age between eight and twelve; mild intellectual disability is now the term for this condition. Alternative definitions of these terms based on IQ were also used. This group was known in UK law from 1911 to 1959–60 as feeble-minded.

Or this:

Levine and Marks 1928 IQ Classification
175 and over Precocious
150–174 Very superior
125–149 Superior
115–124 Very bright
105–114 Bright
95–104 Average
85–94 Dull
75–84 Borderline
50–74 Morons
25–49 Imbeciles
0–24 Idiots

So as you can see, if an idiot or imbecile works really hard, he can aspire to be a low grade moron.

Michael B 09-25-2015 12:50 PM

Adam, I did not know lawyers could be Ramones fans

Cretin Hop

By Ramones

There's no stoppin' the cretins from hoppin'
You gotta keep it beatin'
For all the hoppin' cretins

Cretin! Cretin!
I'm gonna go for a whirl with my cretin girl
My feet won't stop
Doin' the Cretin Hop
Cretin! Cretin!

One-two-three
Cretins want to hop some more
Four-five-six-seven
All good cretins go to heaven
Rockaway Beach
Chewing out a rhythm on my bubble gum
The sun is out and I want some
It's not hard, not far to reach
We can hitch a ride

© ERDELYI, THOMAS/CUMMINGS, JOHN (RAMONE)/COLVIN, DOUGLAS/HYMAN, JEFFREY

RichardSimon 09-25-2015 05:22 PM

Michael,
Did you know that Johnny Ramone was an autograph collector?
He used to come to the National Pastime shows in Manhattan and bought from me regularly. Nice guy and very quiet.

w7imel 09-25-2015 06:03 PM

Funny you mention buying from you Richard, I was going thru my autograph collection stuff and found a reciept from where my Mom bought a Mickey Cochrane check from you in the 90's...she gave it to me for Christmas, made me smile...Still love that check!!!!

Fuddjcal 09-25-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1455943)
Perhaps this would be of help in establishing the new service:

Cretin is the oldest and comes from a dialectal French word for Christian. The implication was that people with significant intellectual or developmental disabilities were "still human" (or "still Christian") and deserved to be treated with basic human dignity. Individuals with the condition were considered to be incapable of sinning, thus "christ-like" in their disposition. This term has not been used in scientific endeavors since the middle of the 20th century and is generally considered a term of abuse. Although cretin is no longer in use, the term cretinism is still used to refer to the mental and physical disability resulting from untreated congenital hypothyroidism. And remember, there's no stoppin' the cretins from hoppin'.

Idiot indicated the greatest degree of intellectual disability, where the mental age is two years or less, and the person cannot guard himself or herself against common physical dangers. The term was gradually replaced by the term profound mental retardation (which has itself since been replaced by other terms).

Imbecile indicated an intellectual disability less extreme than idiocy and not necessarily inherited. It is now usually subdivided into two categories, known as severe intellectual disability and moderate intellectual disability.

Moron was defined by the American Association for the Study of the Feeble-minded in 1910, following work by Henry H. Goddard, as the term for an adult with a mental age between eight and twelve; mild intellectual disability is now the term for this condition. Alternative definitions of these terms based on IQ were also used. This group was known in UK law from 1911 to 1959–60 as feeble-minded.

Or this:

Levine and Marks 1928 IQ Classification
175 and over Precocious
150–174 Very superior
125–149 Superior
115–124 Very bright
105–114 Bright
95–104 Average
85–94 Dull
75–84 Borderline
50–74 Morons
25–49 Imbeciles
0–24 Idiots

So as you can see, if an idiot or imbecile works really hard, he can aspire to be a low grade moron.

Thanks a million Exhibitman~As someone who uses these terms to describe autograph collectors regularly, it really will help me classify these dingle-berry's better. I have bookmarked the page. Thanks again;)

Michael B 09-25-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1456065)
Michael,
Did you know that Johnny Ramone was an autograph collector?
He used to come to the National Pastime shows in Manhattan and bought from me regularly. Nice guy and very quiet.

Richard,

Yes I did. I once saw him at a UACC show in New York City. Of course I asked for his signature. The Ramones were one of the best bands for autographs. It was almost as if it kept them grounded. Every time they came to Boston they did a record signing at a Strawberries Record Store. When "Rock and Roll High School' came out they came to the Boston premier and stood behind the candy counter signing. Besides the hometown I would guess we had one of the best fan bases for the band up there.

RichardSimon 09-26-2015 09:28 AM

This low grader (use any service, he will come back with a low grade) is now offering a Marilyn Monroe photo (?) with the following description:

"mated framed in yeeee hawwww cowgirl outfit upload photo doesnt work liok online for playboy photos. cert.auth. this photo not it ysed exampler one is black white only"

Is there anyone who can understand what this means?