Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why don’t AHs .... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=286781)

Snapolit1 07-30-2020 10:32 AM

Why don’t AHs ....

Let you set up messaging alerts so that you get instant notification whenever someone places a bid on an item you’ve consigned? Would keep me from having to check 57 times a day. Can’t believe it would be anymore difficult that the system most of them already have in place to ping you when you’ve been out bid. As a Consignor I’d like that and would add to the experience. Hell, maybe I’d have a “ka-ching” sound set up on my phone.

bnorth 07-30-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2004271)
Let you set up messaging alerts so that you get instant notification whenever someone places a bid on an item you’ve consigned? Would keep me from having to check 57 times a day. Can’t believe it would be anymore difficult that the system most of them already have in place to ping you when you’ve been out bid. As a Consignor I’d like that and would add to the experience. Hell, maybe I’d have a “ka-ching” sound set up on my phone.

Many easily solved that problem by bidding on their own items.:eek::eek:D

That would be a great add on and the "ka-ching" part is hilarious.

buymycards 07-30-2020 11:03 AM

ka-ching

I have it set up on the phone, on eBay items, so that every time I receive an offer, accept an offer, or someone one purchases an item, I get a ka-ching sound on my phone. I love it! There is a different sound when someone pays me with PayPal.

Exhibitman 07-30-2020 11:06 AM

I think REA has that feature.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-30-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Just sent an email to the software company asking about this. Should be an easy enough idea to execute.

bobbyw8469 07-30-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 2004290)
I have it set up on the phone, on eBay items, so that every time I receive an offer, accept an offer, or someone one purchases an item, I get a ka-ching sound on my phone. I love it! There is a different sound when someone pays me with PayPal.

That was kinda neat...I'm gonna miss that.

oldjudge 07-30-2020 12:57 PM

I like the idea, except in the cases where your items get very few bids. Then you sit around like the Maytag repairman waiting for the phone to sound.

Snapolit1 07-30-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2004303)
Just sent an email to the software company asking about this. Should be an easy enough idea to execute.

Cool!

perezfan 07-30-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 2004341)
I like the idea, except in the cases where your items get very few bids. Then you sit around like the Maytag repairman waiting for the phone to sound.

LOVE the Maytag reference, but you're dating yourself! ;)

Bicem 07-30-2020 02:03 PM

BST Auctions used this feature.

Orioles1954 07-30-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Great idea! I’ll check with our IT guy tomorrow and see if that is a possibility.

Al C.risafulli 07-31-2020 11:16 AM

It's a great feature when you consign a couple of items.

It's not as great a feature when you consign a hundred, and your phone and email are chirping at you 500 times on closing night.

-Al

Snapolit1 07-31-2020 03:27 PM

That’s true lol, but something that should not be automatic but a feature you opt in to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli (Post 2004637)
It's a great feature when you consign a couple of items.

It's not as great a feature when you consign a hundred, and your phone and email are chirping at you 500 times on closing night.

-Al

bobfreedman 07-31-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Simple Auction has the feature and each consigners can set that up under their MyAccount page of the AH sets it up in their configurations.

Leon 08-05-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfreedman (Post 2004694)
Simple Auction has the feature and each consigners can set that up under their MyAccount page of the AH sets it up in their configurations.

+1