Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone list on My Slabs? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=328682)

Onlineracing 12-08-2022 11:34 AM

Does anyone list on My Slabs?

I want to list a basketball card on My Slabs, but they will not approve me because I don't have any twitter, Instagram, etc. references from a buying and selling standpoint. I am reaching out to the people I have done transactions with here to see if any of you use My Slabs. If someone I have worked with before does, I want to see if that person(s) would be willing to be a reference for me. If so, please reply or send me a DM.

Much Appreciated,
Brian

cgjackson222 12-08-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlineracing (Post 2291532)
I want to list a basketball card on My Slabs, but they will not approve me because I don't have any twitter, Instagram, etc. references from a buying and selling standpoint. I am reaching out to the people I have done transactions with here to see if any of you use My Slabs. If someone I have worked with before does, I want to see if that person(s) would be willing to be a reference for me. If so, please reply or send me a DM.

Much Appreciated,
Brian

Interesting that they would ask for individual references. I started selling on MySlabs in April and am not even on any social media (other than Linkedin if that even counts). I believe I did list Net54 and Blowout as places I have sold, but didn't include any specific references.

Peter_Spaeth 12-08-2022 02:00 PM

It's become mostly an ebay type museum and the big downside is there is no mechanism to ask questions. Some decent deals, to be sure.

steve B 12-08-2022 02:08 PM

Especially odd that the references wanted are from Twitter or instagram. I don't even think of those places as card sales venues.

cgjackson222 12-08-2022 02:16 PM

By the way, I did not find the fees to be very apparent. Every time I have sold through MySlabs I've had to pay them ~5%.

And the one card I bought, I had to pay an additional 1%.

Onlineracing 12-08-2022 02:20 PM

Yes, I was emailing back and forth with the woman that denied me and she listed those social media sites. Twitter doesn't have an official platform for cards, but many people sell cards on there. Another factor is selling on Ebay. She said I had not sold enough recently, and my rating was 98.3% and you need 98.5%. Tried explaining my ongoing fight with eBay (Ebay was offering 2 of everything I had when I only had one, because of some listing error, so I had to cancel orders) over the feedback and she just asked for the references. I am thinking I should ask if references from REA, Heritage, etc. would work.

Robextend 12-08-2022 02:23 PM

I am on there, bought an item, sold a couple - nothing crazy.

theuclakid 12-08-2022 02:59 PM

I am on MySlabs also.....have sold several items, but have not bought anything on there as of yet

It is very easy to list cards, and the sales have gone off without a problem

Bruce Perry

jimq16415 12-08-2022 03:09 PM

I've sold about 100 cards there this year with no problems. If I can help PM me.

1952boyntoncollector 12-08-2022 05:40 PM

Theres a few funeral homes that list there.

spartygw 12-08-2022 07:24 PM

I buy on MySlabs. I love it. No ebay shenanigans and the sellers aren't getting screwed with fees.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

notfast 12-08-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlineracing (Post 2291600)
Yes, I was emailing back and forth with the woman that denied me and she listed those social media sites. Twitter doesn't have an official platform for cards, but many people sell cards on there. Another factor is selling on Ebay. She said I had not sold enough recently, and my rating was 98.3% and you need 98.5%. Tried explaining my ongoing fight with eBay (Ebay was offering 2 of everything I had when I only had one, because of some listing error, so I had to cancel orders) over the feedback and she just asked for the references. I am thinking I should ask if references from REA, Heritage, etc. would work.

So the issue isn’t you arent on twitter or instagram, it’s that you don’t have great ebay feedback.

etsmith 12-09-2022 01:54 AM

I agree part of the problem is the eBay rating, 98.3% is pretty bad.

bobbyw8469 12-09-2022 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robextend (Post 2291604)
I am on there, bought an item, sold a couple - nothing crazy.

Same....while I am on there, I don't really view it as a viable alternative.

Kzoo 12-09-2022 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsmith (Post 2291799)
I agree part of the problem is the eBay rating, 98.3% is pretty bad.

Agreed and Brian claims to have a valid Ebay listing issue, but I will not buy anything on Ebay from a seller rating under 99%. Maybe it's me, but if you're paying attention and observant, I believe it's pretty tough to screw up on Ebay.

Jstottlemire1 12-09-2022 09:14 AM

I had success on there with a recent buy. It was my first and come to find out a bit later a member here and in this thread. I wish could’ve saved him money his service was excellent. Thanks Charles.

Onlineracing 12-09-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kzoo (Post 2291824)
Agreed and Brian claims to have a valid Ebay listing issue, but I will not buy anything on Ebay from a seller rating under 99%. Maybe it's me, but if you're paying attention and observant, I believe it's pretty tough to screw up on Ebay.

I don't disagree, but I had a very good eBay business going during the pandemic and it got screwed up. I had to cancel about a half dozen orders over the course of a week, so that I where I have a problem. I've tried to appeal with no luck, so I took down a good amount of the video games I had up and sold them privately in bulk. Not looking to argue with anyone, just looking for some of the people I have done transactions with to vouch for me. I will just try and PM them privately.

spartygw 12-09-2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2291810)
Same....while I am on there, I don't really view it as a viable alternative.

What's your main avenue for buying or selling online? Ebay is good as a buyer but as a seller that 12.9% adds up quick.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk