Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Goldin Auctions tonight Jeter (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=196295)

Bilmar6 11-01-2014 06:16 PM

Goldin Auctions tonight Jeter

Dear fellow readers. Lot 236 is a really amazing bat. Jeter used this bat a lot. I did some research and it one of few that have been used to the point of breaking before he stopped using it. Lot 236 is a hidden gem in the mix, I'm kicking myself that I can't bid! I really wanted this before the auction as it last sold for $7,000. It did stay hidden, but I'm kicking myself I can't bid. Anyway I wanted to point this out to Jeter fans.

I'm looking for a Mark Loretta bat, if anyone knows. Thanks

Bill Spi.va

yanks12025 11-01-2014 06:55 PM

I'm guessing you're the owner of the item??

lefty147 11-01-2014 07:14 PM

Bid on your bat. Maybe you can win it.

canjond 11-01-2014 07:15 PM

Personally, if I was in the market for a Jeter bat, I think lot 12 is much much cooler (1994 bat from his first order). No, no - I'm not the owner.

Bilmar6 11-01-2014 07:39 PM

No it's not mine. I couldn't afford more than a ball. But I'm in the market for a Mark Loretta bat, if anyone knows where. I can't afford any bat, but I thought if I helpped someone fine a good hidden deal, they might let me know if they come across a Loretta bat. I thought this was a place to network.

Bestdj777 11-01-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilmar6 (Post 1339835)
No it's not mine. I couldn't afford more than a ball. But I'm in the market for a Mark Loretta bat, if anyone knows where. I can't afford any bat, but I thought if I helpped someone fine a good hidden deal, they might let me know if they come across a Loretta bat. I thought this was a place to network.

Welcome to the forum. We generally don't discuss current auction items that we believe are flying under the radar, since others might be bidding and it may increase the cost to them. I have friends on here that will PM items I am interested in, and I'll do the same, which seems to be a bit fairer to other bidders out there.

jcmtiger 11-01-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestdj777 (Post 1339861)
Welcome to the forum. We generally don't discuss current auction items that we believe are flying under the radar, since others might be bidding and it may increase the cost to them. I have friends on here that will PM items I am interested in, and I'll do the same, which seems to be a bit fairer to other bidders out there.

Nothing is under the radar on these major auctions.

Joe

UnVme7 11-02-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmtiger (Post 1339885)
Nothing is under the radar on these major auctions.

Joe

Not necessarily under the radar, but perhaps an item that a few ppl weren't planning on bidding will now since it was brought up. Anyways, I understand where he is coming from and what he's trying to say. Regardless, I wasn't planning on bidding on the Jeter bat, but this is a weird thread to start to begin with.