Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Roger Maris autograph Beckett and JSA (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=191668)

marvymelvin 07-31-2014 08:53 PM

Roger Maris autograph Beckett and JSA

1 Attachment(s)
Hello net54 members. I am interested in buying this card and autograph and I am just looking for your opinion. I know that both Beckett and JSA have not been 100% over the years. I have more faith in PSA/DNA. Anyway, please help me out with your opinion on both Beckett and JSA as well as the particular autograph in question. I plan on owning just one Maris autograph and I like this one, but want it to be right. Thanks!

GrayGhost 07-31-2014 09:23 PM

IMO, absolutely GORGEOUS Authentic Roger signature. Ball point and all. wow

jgmp123 08-01-2014 05:34 AM

Perfect.

Mr. Zipper 08-01-2014 08:19 AM

Just to be clear, it has not been "authenticated" by Beckett. JSA authenticates and then Beckett grades and slabs.

That said, a primo signature with top notch placement and contrast. :)

bbcard1 08-01-2014 08:36 AM

If you are going to own only one, that seems like a great on to me.

marvymelvin 08-01-2014 01:59 PM

Card is from past Legendary auction

So, does the fact that this card was purchased via Legendary Auctions a few years ago make anyone concerned given the recent guilty plea of Doug Allen for multiple counts of fraud???

HRBAKER 08-01-2014 02:34 PM

That doesn't affect the legitimacy of the card - perhaps the purchase price. :p

gnaz01 08-01-2014 02:45 PM

Card is perfectly fine and a GORGEOUS signature!!

marvymelvin 08-02-2014 07:12 PM

bought it

Hello, thanks for your advice. It makes me very comfortable buying this card. I just made payment and am looking forward to getting it in the mail. I have seen many other Maris signed cards while researching for this card, and many of them are faded. So yes this one is particularly nice. It is not exactly expensive compared top most collectors budgets here, but for me $475 in pretty major. Surprisingly, I came across a fair amount of this actual card (1968 Topps) signed by Maris. Maybe it is because it is his last?? I was also born in 1968 so it has a bit more relevance for me. Anyway,thanks so much.

Brad

gnaz01 08-02-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvymelvin (Post 1305278)
It makes me very comfortable buying this ball.

I thought it was a card, not a ball :mad:

marvymelvin 08-02-2014 07:46 PM

wrong word

Weird, thanks for correcting my wording. I must have been thinking about other things when I posted it. It is actually the card posted that I bought. Yes a card, not a ball. Anyway, Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it.

William Farrell 08-03-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvymelvin (Post 1305295)
Weird, thanks for correcting my wording. I must have been thinking about other things when I posted it. It is actually the card posted that I bought. Yes a card, not a ball. Anyway, Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it.

The signature is textbook quality. Perfect, beautifully preserved, of generous size, and perfectly placed, great care in execution.

Congratulations on its ownership, it's a piece of history and a gem. Thank you for sharing it. :)

thetruthisoutthere 08-03-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Farrell (Post 1305545)
The signature is textbook quality. Perfect, beautifully preserved, of generous size, and perfectly placed, great care in execution.

Congratulations on its ownership, it's a piece of history and a gem. Thank you for sharing it. :)

I agree, William.

Beautifully penned by Mr. Maris.